We spent this past week with our A is for Apple alphabet unit. It was to go along with our Before Five in a Row look at How to Make an Apple Pie & See the World. We finished the apple stuff, minus the apple pie – cause we haven’t been to all the countries to get the ingredients yet! So here is what we did.
Art Fun – My kids love art projects. The more – the better! We made apple trees using their hand/arm s the tree trunk, fingers to make apples, and paint brush to splotch leaves. We also made an ‘eaten’ apple out of a paper plate. I tried to do apple prints, but for some reason mine didn’t work. If you have done them you’ll have to let me know what your trick is!!
Apple Tree Craft for Kids
Letter A Playdough Mats
Apple Math for Preschoolers
I made Apple Felt Manipulatives. These were a great sensory & hands on activity. The ‘seeds’ were velcro sot they stood out. Click on the picture below to see my post on hot to make these. We played all sorts of games with these including using tweezers to pick them up. Goofy (6)can look at the dots & tell me the number without counting! Minnie (3) is getting good at counting all the way up to 16!
We also used “Apple Math 3 Ways” and “Odd & Even Apple Trees” for practicing math skills with apples. We practiced fractions by cutting up an apple (it was a yummy snack too!) Finally we practiced with patterns using apple fun!
Apple Book Recommendations
We LOVE a good book, or two, or three! Besides that we learn so much about our world through reading, it is just plain fun! I love cuddling up with my kids, laughing at the silly pictures, or seeing their smile at humor in them. And nothing can beat the moment when out in the ‘real world’ they say – he mom & show you they learned something!! Here are our favorites:
We bought 6 different kids of apples, tasted, and described the similarities & differences of each one. The kids thought this was GREAT fun! We also labeled the parts of an apple.
Learning Spanish through Apple Vocabulary
I printed up some new flashcards to practice Spanish vocabulary for fruits & colors. (These are for your personal use. Please do not sell or host files. Download here)
Looking for more great content? We have over 1 million free printable worksheets conveniently arranged by subject or grade: super cute Pre k Worksheets, fun kindergarten worksheets, free 1st grade worksheets, handy 2nd grade worksheets, printable 3rd grade worksheets, and 4th grade worksheets
- Help kids learn their ABCs and work on letter recognition with these super cute A to Z Worksheet pages
- Over 2000 pages of free alphabet printables to find exactly what you are looking for!
- Huge pack of solar system worksheets
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets
- Simple machines for kids projects, lesson plans, printables, and more!
- FREE Maps for kids including printable world map for kids, continent maps, and country maps too
- Handy Sight Words Printable list plus lots of sight word games, activities, and worksheets too!
- Learn about other countries around the world with our free country coloring pages
- We also have reading list like this 1st grade reading books pdf to help you pick engaging books for kids!
- Celebrate the letter of the week with these adorable, Free Alphabet Hats
- Make learning fun with these free cut and paste worksheets
- Plus don’t miss this outrageously fun Human Body Project
- We have lots of themed worksheets like these super cute Frozen preschool worksheets
- Color, Read and Learn your letters with this printable alphabet book pdf for each letter A to Z
- Make science FUN for kids of all ages with over 100 Food Experiments to try
- Teach kids to tell time with this huge pack of printable time puzzles
Plus don’t miss these popular posts from our sister sites:
- Shaped Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets
- Lots of cute, themed Free Kindergarten Worksheets
- Bingo Dauber Printables
- Printable Lowercase letter alphabet crafts
- Printable Uppercase alphabet Letter Crafts
- Cute Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Letter Recognition Worksheets with do a do markers
- Lots of free ABC Printables for preschoolers
- Free Playdough Mats to work on shapes, numbers, colors, alphabet letters, and more!
- Uppercase Letter Tracing with animal alphabet mats
- Free Color Worksheets
- Simple, free alphabet worksheets