If your kids love playing shop, these priced shopping items and money task cards will motivate them to practice math while playing! There are drinks, fruits, vegetables and snack counting money task cards using whole dollars plus dollars and cents. These printable task cards are great for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd graders too. Simply download pdf file with shopping math worksheets and you are ready to play and learn while practicing with money games for kids.
Money task cards
Help kids practice adding up money while having fun playing with these money task cards. These counting money task cards are a great way to introduce the concept that things cost money and money has value. Play store as you figure out how much money you need to pay for these items from the grocery store. This teaching preschoolers about money activity is handy for kindergartners, and grade 1 students. Whether you are a parent, teacher, r homeschooelr – you will love this handy money game for chidren! Use it at home, as a math center in your classroom, or a supplement to your homeschool math curriculum.
Counting money task cards
Shopping math worksheets
Print the printable money trask cards and use a laminator for extra durability. Using real or play money will make it a more genuine shopping experience. You may want to have a dry erase baord or scrap paper and pencil (for jotting down prices).
Money activities for kindergarten
- Let the children look through the priced cards and work out how much each item costs.
- If they have real or pretend money, count out the value of each item and place it on top of the cards.
- Look through the task cards and choose one. Find the related items and work out how much it will cost if the items are added together. Encourage this to be a mental math activity, just like it is at the shops… even rounding the numbers so they’re approximately correct as you might when shopping. For eg, looking at $1.10 + $1.30 and thinking ‘it’s around $2.50.’ Then, children can count out the correct money.
- Provide scrap paper and pencils for children to write down the prices if it helps.
kindergarten money worksheets
There are 12 different task cards for kids to practice adding up the grocery bill to buy their fruits and vegetables.
Looking for more fruit and vegetable printables for kids? Try these Clipcards for learning number words, these lower case letter tracing cards, or this alphabet fruits and vegetables printable emergent reader.
Looking for more fun, free printable Counting Money Worksheets and games to make practicing counting American money.
- Free Printable Coin Worksheets to color by coin
- Preschool Money Printables Booklet for learning about American money
- Hungry Coin Caterpillar Money Game
- Mini Golf Money Practice Games
- Counting Coins Games Clip Cards
- 25 FUN Money Math Games
- Coin Puzzles – Printable Money Games
- Carnival Subtracting Money Games
- Robot Counting Money Practice
- Grocery Store Money Task Cards
- Money Flip Book to learn parts of a dollar
- Money Spelling Printable Activity
- Free Cut and Paste Money Worksheets
- See all of our many Money for Kids activities for young learners
First Grade Printables
If you have a 1st grader and you are looking for more fun, hands on grade 1 worksheets, games and activities to make learning fun – you will love these resources!
- Over 5000+ pages of 1st grade Worksheets
- 100 Books 1st Graders can Read Themselves with free 1st grade reading books pdf
- Chapter Books for 1st Graders
- Print and Go Beginning Sounds Worksheets
- 1st Grade Book Report Template
- Free Cut and Paste Worksheets
- Solar System Worksheets Pack
- Printable Sight Words List
- First Grade Word Search Printable
- Free printable 1st grade math worksheets
- Gumball Math Worksheets to practice addition & subtraction
- Life-size Human Body Project with free printable template
Grade 1 Printables
- 1st Grade Reading Games – Reading the Easy Way 1st Grade
- Fun, hands-on Counting Coins Games
- Over 500 pages of Kindergarten Writing Prompts Free
- Sentence Scramble Worksheets
- Princess Color by Sight Word Worksheets
- Time Puzzles make learning to use a clock FUN
- HUGE Ocean Animals for Kids Unit
- Discover 16 Countries for Kids
- Crack the Code Worksheets for practicing math while having fun
- Learn about Animal Classifications for Kids with these free printable cootie catchers
- Fun, hands-on History Lessons for kids
- Lots of 1st Grade Science Projects
- Over 1+ million pages of Free Printable Worksheets
Printable task cards
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.