Kids will have fun practicing counting coins and learning American money with this fun, free printable counting coins games. This coin counting games is such a fun, no-prep money activity for first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade students. Simply print pdf file with coin games free and you are ready for hands-on math!
Counting Coins Games
In school this year, we are working hard to learn how to count money. Last year we focused on counting one type of coin at a time making use of skip counting to add up the coin values. This year we are working on mixed coin values the utilize skip counting and addition with carrying to find the total value. This counting coins game fits in perfectly with the grade 1 and second grade skill level of learning to add with carrying and adding higher numbers. Use this counting coins games 1st grade, grade 2, grade 3, and kindergartners too. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler you will love learning about coin value with this fun math activity for kids!
Counting Coins Games 1st grade
Counting Coins Game
This fun counting coin game is perfect for helping teach coin values for kids! Whether you are a classroom teacher and are looking for a math center activity, a parent trying to help their child get extra practice counting coins, or a homeschooler looking to reinforce what you’ve been learning in your math lessons – this money activity for kids is sure to be just what you are looking for!
- paper or card stock
- counting coin game (see bottom of post)
- laminator and laminator sheets
- clothes pins
Coin counting games
Have your student count out the values of the coins on each clip card and place a clothes pin on the correct value at the bottom of the card. Your students will get practice adding and subtracting the values of:
It may help to write out the values of each coin in the form of an addition problem for students who are not ready to do the skip counting in their head. Remember to have the child count the largest coins first and work through to the smallest coins. (Quarters, dimes, nickels, then pennies.)
To extend the coin counting game you can have the students count out the values using real coins or find an alternative group of coins that would equal the same amount. This is such a great addition to your kindergarten math, grade 1 math, and grade 2 math!
Coin games free
Looking for more fun, free printable Counting Money Worksheets and games to make practicing counting American money.
- Color by Coin Worksheet
- Money Booklet for learning about American money
- Hungry Caterpillars Counting Money Game
- Mini Golf Money Practice
- Counting Coins Games Clip Cards
- 25 Fun Money Games
- Coin Puzzles – Printable Money Games
- Carnival Subtracting Money Games
- Robot Counting Money Practice
- 25 Money Math Games
- Grocery Store Money Task Cards
- Parts of a Dollar flip Book
- Bankable Counting Money Activities
- Cut and Paste Money Worksheets
- See all of our many Money for Kids activities for young learners
Don’t miss all our amazing grade 1 worksheets and first grade activities with 300,000+ different ideas to make learning FUN! Or sneak in some seasonal kids activities to make the most of these precious early years!
Looking for more free printable activities for second graders? You will love these activities:
- LOTS of Free 2nd Grade Worksheets
- Crab Contractions Activity
- 2nd Grade Crossword Puzzles to work on spelling words
- Grab the 2nd grade reading list or check out read alouds for 2nd grade
- Bandaid Contraction Games
- Minion Contraction Games
- Bingo Contraction Games
- Dominoes Contraction Games
- Ice Cream Word Endings Game
- Pirate Parts of Speech Worksheets
- BINGO Digraph Game
- Hamburger Homynm Puzzles
- EPIC Library Scavenger Hunt for learning about different genres of books, book catalog, and so much more
- Dictionary Detective Worksheets and free printable cases for kids
- Pizza Book Report Templates
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Place Value Games 2nd Grade
- Super CUTE, Free Skip Counting Charts – 1s-15s
- Spring Double Digit Addition Game
- NO PREP, Telling Time Worksheets pdf
- Free Clock Mazes – Telling Time Games
- Counting Coins Games – Clip Cards
- Pizza Fraction BINGO
- 2nd Grade Math Worksheets to play Mad Minute
2nd Grade Worksheets
- HUGE Ocean Animals for Kids Unit
- Animals and Hibernation Worksheet
- Endangered Animals Worksheet
- Zoo Field Trip Worksheets
- Free Printable Animal Report Template
- Cut and Paste Animal Classification Worksheet
- Bat Life Cycle Worksheets or see all our life cycle worksheets
- Free Habitat Game for 2nd Grade
- Color Changing Flowers Science Experiment
- Lots of Printables and activities to learn about Countries for Kids
- We have almost 50 individual country studies for kids like this Colombia for Kids
- Fun, hands-on History Lessons for kids
- FREE Printable World Map for Kids
- Over 1+ million pages of Free Printable Worksheets
Counting coin games
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All dmaterial provided on this blog is copyright protected.
>> Coin Value Clip Cards <<
Thanks for this great resource! My son loves counting his money, so he’ll enjoy putting his allowance coins over the coin counting clip page.