Make practicing contractions fun with this super cute, free printable Contractions Game. This Contraction Bingo is a fun printable bingo game perfect for helping first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and fourth grade students practice learning contractions with a fun twist! Simply download the pdf file with the match the contractions activity and you are ready to play and learn!
Instead of using contraction worksheets, turn learning contractions into a fun learning game with this fun hands-on bingo game! This contraction bingo is a free printable language arts game for grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students! As students work on contractions for kids, they need lots of practice, this contraction game makes it fun for elementary age kids to practice identifying contractions. Whether you are a parent, homeschooler, or classroom teachers – you will love this free literacy themed printable resource for helping kids to improve their knowledge of contractions. Use this as a literacy activity at home, as a literacy center in the classroom, or as a fun supplement to your homeschool language arts curriculum.
Match the contractions
To play this contractions interactive game, first you will print off the Contraction Bingo calling cards and mats! You can print the free bingo printables in mostly black and white with a little color. You can also laminate the pages for durability and then our child can use a dry erase marker to cross out the words or counters to mark them!
There is also a page of twenty calling cards which will need to be cut out and placed into a bag or hat for the caller to take out to play. There are also twenty different bingo cards which can be laminated for durability. This is a FUN literacy center game for kids learning contractions!
Contraction Games for Kids
There are twenty different contractions that children will be practicing as they play this bingo – can’t, isn’t, she’s, we’re, that’s, isn’t, I’ll, they’re, I’ve, let’s, we’ve, don’t, you’ve, I’m, who’d, won’t, where’s, mustn’t, you’re, and he’ll.
The game is played just like regular bingo. The caller will will pull a calling card from a hat and say the two words outloud – CAN NOT. Children will use dog bone erasers, unifix cubes, playdough balls, skittles, etc to mark the contraction on their game board CAN’T (if they have it). Play continues unti one player has 4-in-a-row BINGO! This is such a fun, simple and easy way to practice contractions!
- Band Aid Contraction Game
- Minion Contraction Words Game
- Doctor Contraction Words Game
- Contraction Dominoes
- You may also want learn dictionary skills with Dictionary Detectives
- Or learn about parts of speech with Taboo Grammar Game
- Practice Building Sentences with this Pizza Parlor Activity
More Language Arts Activities for Kids
- Building Sentences Cut & Paste Worksheets
- Connect 4 Spelling Practice
- Creative Writing Prompts (various)
- Dictionary Detectives
- Dinosaur Bones Punctuation Game
- Hershey Kiss Word Families
- Ice Cream Word Endings
- Marshmallow Incident’s Nouns and Verbs Sort
- Minion Contractions for Kids
- My Spelling Dictionary
- Parts of Speech Game – BINGO
- Reading Logs
- S’more Sentence Game
- Solve it! Parts of Speech Game
- Sentences for Kids Pizza Parlor
- 1st Grade Reading Games – Reading the Easy Way 1st Grade
- Fun, hands-on Counting Coins Games
- Over 500 pages of Kindergarten Writing Prompts Free
- Sentence Scramble Worksheets
- Solar System Worksheets Pack
- Printable Sight Words List
- Life-size Human Body Project with free printable template
- L Blends Fun Pack, TH Blends Fun Pack, and R Blends Fun Pack
- Princess Color by Sight Word Worksheets
- Time Puzzles make learning to use a clock FUN
- HUGE Ocean Animals for Kids Unit
- Discover 16 Countries for Kids
- Crack the Code Worksheets for practicing math while having fun
- Learn about Animal Classifications for Kids with these free printable cootie catchers
- Fun, hands-on History Lessons for kids
- Lots of 1st Grade Science Projects
- Over 1+ million pages of Free Printable Worksheets
Contraction games printable
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!