Make practicing contractions fun with this super cute, free printable Doctor contraction matching game. In this contractions activity students in 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, and 5th graders will practice identifying 26 common contractions for kids. Simply print pdf file with the contraction game printable to make learning fun.
Contraction Matching Game
This contraction matching game is an educational activity to help grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, and grade 5 students learn which words make contractions. The fun doctor theme makes it extra engaging for children to make learning fun! m 26 common contractions. This is such great practice.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this contraction activity for helping children match contractions with the words that make contractions. Use this as extra practice, summer learning, literacy center in your classroom, or supplement to your homeschool grammar curriculum. Students will match the essential worker doctors to their medical doctor bag with the correct contraction. Easy Peasy!
Contraction matching game online
Contractions Matching Game
Print all 10 pages in color on cardstock or use a laminator for durability.
Cut apart on the solid lines. Yo uwill have:
- doctor cards – with a pair of words on each (each featuring lots of different doctor professions and types of people)
- Medical Dr Bags cards – with a contraction
Now you can use this game two different ways:
Independently as a matching activity (perfect for one student or centers)
Contraction Memory Game
Cooperatively as a game – Deal out all the doctors and place face up in front of students. Now deal out 5 doctor bags to each student. Play as go fish. Students will try to find their doctor’s their bags by saying “Does Tommy have the wasn’t bag?” If not they will need to check lost and found. Play continues until one player has helped all their doctors find their bags.
Hint: This could also be used like a contraction memory game.
Contractions matching worksheet
What I love abot this contraction activity is that it is quick and easy to play like contraction worksheets, but reusable, colorful, and extra FUN like a contraction activity or contraction game!
See the activity in action
This hands-on contraction activities for 2nd grade couldn’t be easier and requires virtually no prep for you to set-up. This is great for a doctor theme or essentials worker theme. Plus it is reusable so you can practice again and again!
Contraction Activitiy for Kids
- Band Aid Contraction Game
- Minion Contraction Games
- Contraction Bingo Game
- Doctor Contraction Matching Game
- Contraction Dominoes
Language Arts Activities for Kids
- Cut and Paste Sentences Worksheets
- Connect 4 Spelling Practice Worksheets – work with any list!
- Free Writing Prompts – LOTS for elementary age students with rules lines, creative prompt calendars, and more!
- Detective Themed Dictionary Skills Worksheets
- Dinosaur Bones Punctuation Game
- Hershey Kiss Word Family Activities
- Ice Cream Word Endings Game
- Doctor Contraction Matching Game
- Marshmallow Incident’s Noun and Verb Games Printable
- Free Spelling Dictionary
- Or learn about parts of speech with Taboo Grammar Game
- Practice Building Sentences with this Pizza Parlor Activity
- Parts of Speech BINGO – practice with noun, verb, adverb, adjectives, and more!
- Band-Aid Contraction Games for practicing making contractions of common words
- Free Reading Log Printables – including Cars, Frozen, summer, and so many more!
- S’more Complete Sentences Game
- Solve it! Parts of Speech Games Printable
- Pizza Parlor Sentence Building Games
- Free Book Report Template
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin homeschooling for free? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE 4th grade worksheets, pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, grade 1 worksheets, second grade worksheets, 3rd grade worksheets, and more for K12. Plus see our history lesson plans, free math games, english worksheets, sight words activities, alphabet worksheets, and cvc word games for kids of all ages!
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836 and Digi Web Studio
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!