Make practicing contractions fun with this super cute, free printable Doctor contraction matching game. In this contractions matching game students in 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, and 5th graders will practice identifying 26 common contractions for kids. Download pdf file with the contraction activity to make learning fun.
Contraction matching game
This contraction matching game is an educational activity to help grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, and grade 5 students learn which words make contractions. The fun doctor theme makes it extra engaging for children to make learning fun! m 26 common contractions. This is such great practice.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this contraction activity for helping children match contractions with the words that make contractions. Use this as extra practice, summer learning, literacy center in your classroom, or supplement to your homeschool grammar curriculum. Students will match the essential worker doctors to their medical doctor bag with the correct contraction. Easy Peasy!
Contractions for Kids
Contractions matching game
Print all 10 pages in color on cardstock or use a laminator for durability. Cut apart.
Now you can use this game two different ways:
- Independently as a matching activity (perfect for one student or centers)
- Cooperatively as a game – Deal out all the doctors and place face up in front of students. Now deal out 5 doctor bags to each student. Play as go fish. Students will try to find their doctor’s their bags by saying “Does Tommy have the wasn’t bag?” If not they will need to check lost and found. Play continues until one player has helped all their doctors find their bags.
This hands-on contraction activities for 2nd grade couldn’t be easier and requires virtually no prep for you to set-up. This is great for a doctor theme or essentials worker theme. Plus it is reusable so you can practice again and again!
- Band Aid Contraction Game
- Minion Contraction Words Game
- Doctor Contraction Words Game
- Contraction Dominoes
- You may also want learn dictionary skills with Dictionary Detectives
- Or learn about parts of speech with Taboo Grammar Game
- Practice Building Sentences with this Pizza Parlor Activity
Language Arts Printables for Kids
- Building Sentences Cut & Paste Worksheets
- Connect 4 Spelling Practice
- Creative Writing Prompts (various)
- Dictionary Detectives
- Dinosaur Bones Punctuation Game
- Hershey Kiss Word Families
- Ice Cream Word Endings
- Marshmallow Incident’s Nouns and Verbs Sort
- Minion Contractions for Kids
- My Spelling Dictionary
- Parts of Speech Game – BINGO
- Reading Logs
- S’more Sentence Game
- Solve it! Parts of Speech Game
- Sentences for Kids Pizza Parlor
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin homeschooling for free? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE 4th grade worksheets, pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, grade 1 worksheets, second grade worksheets, 3rd grade worksheets, and more for K12. Plus see our history lesson plans, free math games, english worksheets, sight words activities, alphabet worksheets, and cvc word games for kids of all ages!
Download Doctor Contractions Matching Game
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836 and Digi Web Studio
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!