Make sure kids are understanding what they read with this free book report template. This 1st grade book report is a handy, NO PREP way to ensure early readers are understanding what they are reading. The book report template 3rd grade has a spot for first grade, second grade, third grade, and fourth grade students to write down book title, author, rate the book, tell their favorite part, give a summary of the book, and more. This is such a handy, free printable, book report template 2nd grade. Simply grab the free book reports and you are ready to go!
Book report template
Book reports don’t have to be difficult! Young children need practice writing, summarizing the major parts of the book, and ensuring they understand what they are reading, but staring at a blank page isn’t going to help your early reader succeed! These free book report tempaltes allow grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students to write a book report EASILY! Use the 2nd grade book report with guided prompts and ruled lines to make writing a book report easy for kids. Use as many of the pages in the free printable book report template as you think is appropriate for your child.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this NO PREP, 1st grade book report template! Use it at home, in the classroom, as summer learning, or any other use you need. Just print the 4th grade book report template and you are ready to write a book report!
Free printable book report template
Book report template 3rd grade
It is important to ensure that they are understanding what they are reading. Reading comprehension is a key homeschool skill that will serve them their entire life. Having kids complete 1st grade book report template is just one of the ways we can check if they are understanding what they are reading. I created this free 1st grade book report to make it fun and easy to see how my child is doing.
Free book report template
Print the pages of the free 2nd grade book report template pdf and you are ready for your child to complete the book report form. This book report template 2nd grade is handy for a wide variety of ages. The basic parts of a book report are the same. What will vary the most by grades is the complexity of sentences, vocabulary, spelling, correct punctuation, and reading level of the books.
Book report template pdf
My Book Report
- students name
- students grade
- date book report written
- book title
- author of the book
- book illustrator
- rate the book out of 5 stars
- favorite part
- WHO were the main character
- WHAT were two obsticles faced
- WHEN did the story take place
- WHERE did the story take place
- WHY did you like or not like the story
- HOWdid you feel about the main characters
Book report template 4th grade
While older students are becoming proficient writing, it can still be helpful to have a simple template to allow children to just fill in the pages. This 4th grade book report template allows students to focus on writing good sentences with correct spelling instead of trying to figure out what to include in their book report.
Worksheets for Grade 1
If you have a 1st grader and you are looking for more fun, hands on 1st grade Worksheets, games and activities to make learning fun – you will love these resources!
- 100 Books 1st Graders can Read Themselves with free 1st grade reading books pdf free
- Fun-to-Read Chapter Books for 1st Graders
- Free Printable 1st Grade Book Report template
- Kid favorite, FREE Cut and Paste Worksheets for a variety of subjects!
- Sight Words Printable List
- First Grade Word Search
- Phonics Dab the th worksheets
- sh, ch, th word Digraph Games
- Ending Blends Worksheets with do a dot markers
- Cut and Paste L Blends Worksheets
- LOTS more free printable phonics worksheets and games
Free printable worksheets for 1st grade
Looking for even more grade 1 worksheets to review skills while having fun? Check out these resources:
- 1st Grade Reading Games – Reading the Easy Way 1st Grade
- Fun, hands-on Counting Coins Games
- Over 500 pages of Kindergarten Writing Prompts Free
- Sentence Scramble Worksheets
- Princess Color by Sight Word Worksheets
- Time Puzzles make learning to use a clock FUN
- Gumball Math Worksheets to practice addition & subtraction
- Crack the Code Worksheets for practicing math while having fun
- Bingo Shapes Game
- Color the Coin Money Coloring Pages
- Addition and Subtraction Math Mystery
- Printable Addition Tic-Tac-Toe Game
- Free Hundreds Tens and Ones Worksheets
- Free printable 1st grade math worksheets
1st Grade Science
Dive into some outrageousl fun science with our hands-on experiments and first grade worksheets
- Solar System Worksheets Pack
- Life-size Human Body Project with free printable template
- EASY Lemon Battery Experiment
- 12 Hands-on Battery Experiment Ideas for Kids
- Mind-blowing Magnetic Slime for Kids
- Magnet experiments for Kids
- Balloon Solid, liquid, gas hands-on activities plus other projects
- Phases of the Moon for Kids – worksheets, activities, Oreo moon phases, and more
- Weather Unit with worksheets and hands-on weather activities for kids
- Learn the planet names with this Solar System for Kids Lesson plus tons of other Solar System Project Ideas
Grade 1 Science
Plus don’t miss these worksheets for grade 1
- Learn about Animal Classifications for Kids with these free printable cootie catchers
- Lots of 1st Grade Science Projects
- HUGE Ocean Animals for Kids Unit
- Dive into the amazing world of botany with this plants for kids lessons
- Learn about LOTS of life cycles for kids (panda, spider, watermelon, bee, sunflower, spider, and more!)
- TONS of fun Human Body for Kids activities, expeirments, and free printables too!
- Free Scientific Method Worksheets
Free first grade worksheets
Help children learn about the great country of the United States with these free printables. Plus don’t miss all our fun, free, and immersive history lessons for kids and our other worksheet for grade 1
- Printable USA Presidents Coloring Pages
- Cute, Free Printable State Coloring Pages
- Free Printable States and Capitals Matching Game
- Free Presidents Worksheets – Learn about all the American presidents
- US States I Spy Worksheets
- Help kids understand where do I live with this clever printable activity
- Learn about American symbols with these Patriotic American Symbols for Kids
- How much do you know about USA for Kids? Color the flag, look at a map, discover famous landmarks like the statue of liberty,and more!
- American Symbols Worksheets
- Explore American History for kids including lots of fun, hands on activities and free printables
- 4 week lesson about Early Explorers for Kids
- The Colonial America for Kids lesson takes kids on a journey back to the first permanent settlement in America – Jamestown. Students will learn about colonial life with lots of hands on projects like eating Gruel, making a Wattle & Daub house, and creating a tin lantern will make the settlement come alive.
- We will make westward expansion for kids come alive for kids as they learn facts about the time period from about 1783-1898. In addition to learning about the Oregon trail, pony express, gold rush, transcontinental railroad, students will also learn to match animal trails, map the united states, and learn about North American animals too.
- Pennant History Posters to see US History At-a-Glance
- Learn about the Roaring 1920s for Kids – Printable Book to Read, Color, and Learn
- Rosa Parks for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Martin Luther King Jr for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Free Printable Maps including world map, continents, and country maps with and without labeling
- Ready to dive more in depth? Check out Country Study for Kids – look at 16 countries around the world up close
- Use Lego to explore famous landmarks in countries for kids
- Research and learn with these free Children around the World Worksheets
- Roll into Geography – Printable Geography Games
- You can find all our FREE printable country coloring pages covering over 36 different nations – or jump right to Spain Coloring Pages, China Coloring Pages, Italy Coloring Pages, Chile Coloring Pages, Germany Coloring Pages, and Costa Rica Coloring Pages
- Over 1+ million pages of Free Printable Worksheets
Book recommendations for Kids
- Tons of books for preschoolers
- Must Read Kindergarten Reading Books pdf free, free Kindergarten Reading Level Book List, Favorite Read Aloud Books for Kindergarten
- 100 Books for 1st Graders to Read by Themselves – Level 1 Reading Books pdf free, Fun-to-Read First Grade Picture Books, First Grade Read Aloud Chapter Books
- Chapter Books for 1st Graders, 2nd Graders, and 3rd Graders – favorite series to keep kids reading!
- Best Read Aloud Chapter Books for 2nd Grade, Check out these 2nd Grade Reading Books pdf free
- Handy Grade 3 Reading Books pdf FREE
- Free 4th Grade Reading List pdf
- Printable Grade 5 Reading books pdf
- Exciting Historical Fiction Books for Kids and 25 Exciting Historical Fiction Books for 4th Graders
- Alphabet Books for Children, Transportation Books for Kids, Space Books for Kids that are out-of-this-world
- Funny Picture Books for kids of all ages, Sweet Picture Books about Family, Fun Zoo Books for Kids
- Books about community helpers, Beautiful Animal Books for Preschoolers, Preschool Color Books
- Creepy, Crawly Bug Books for Preschool kids, Rhyming Books for Kindergarten
- See all of our popular kids books to read
- Handy, Reading Comprehension bookmarks (any book: fiction or non fiction)
- Free Book Report Template for elementary age students or Book Report Worksheets for elementary age kids
- Simple, one page Book Report Templates to ensure kids are understanding the main charaters, setting, and idea of what they are reading
- Super cute Pizza Book Report Idea with Free printable template or sandwich book report freebie
- Free 3rd Grade Book Report template choices
- 26 more clever Book Report Ideas, Ralph Waldo Poetry Worksheets
- See if kids remember the moral of the story with these FREE Aesop Fables Worksheets pdf
- This Library Scavenger Hunt helps kids learn to navigate a library or this Reading Scavenger Hunt
- Bookshelf Reading Log printable – to help encourage kids to read!
- How to teach elementary age students to write a Ralph Waldo Poetry Worksheets
- Free Parts of a Book Worksheet or these parts of a book for kids coloring pages that use playdough
- Plus, grab these super cute, free printable Star Wars bookmarks for kids!
Printable book report template
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
Thank you for the book report template. Looks great
my son is entering second grade and his cousins are entering 3rd and 1st. this will help us with the summer break and keep them at top of their game.
Thank you so much for the great ideas on how to write a book report.
Thanks so much for making this available. We are using this while schools are closed. Our kids really get a little extra push from the fun graphics and great prompts.
This is beautiful!
Thank you for making this. We are a homeschool family and my daughter is in 3rd grade and this template will make our book reports so much more fun. We just finished reading The Girl Who Survived together and I really wanted something to help her write down everything that she learned.
All the questions you as in the template are perfect.
Thanks so much!! Going to the library today to find some of these books 🙂