Reading Log Printable
Reading is SO IMPORTANT for kids of all ages. Not only do they learn grammar (in context), new vocabulary, are exposed to new ways of thinking and experiences, travel the world without leaving home, but they can also learn history, about famous scientists, and more! Encourage kids to read all year long with a reading log printable. These super cute Bookshelf Reading Log sheets are for kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 children. Whether you are parent, teacher, or homeschoolers – you will love this free reading log printable that is as cute and fun as it is useful! Use the book log printable at home, in the classroom, local library, or coop.
Reading log printable pdf
free reading log printable
This clever and easy-to-use bookshelf printable helps children keep track of the books they’ve read. We have two different styles of this free printable reading log. You can either print a black and white sheet with books on a bookshelf for each child or print several pages of book spines with bookshelf. Either way, the reading log printable pdf is in blackline to save on printing costs.
Bookshelf reading log free printable
This reading log for kids is super simple and requires no prep. Students will put their name at the top of their worksheet. They can hang them on a wall, the fridge, their room on a bulletin board, or keep it a their desk at school. Depending on their age have sttudents color a book on their books shelf for every:
- Picture books for toddlers, preschoolers, and prek as a weekly motivator for families
- Early Readers for kindergarnters as a weekly book log for students
- Chapter books read during reading competition (recommended for 2nd grade and up)
- every hour of reading (works for kids of all ages reading any length/style of books)
Hint: Audio books count too!
Bookshelf reading log
This is a great resource to send home with elementary age kids to encourage reading all summer long! This tool can be used by families to record chapter books read. Optional: You can have them record titles on the back of the page or attach to a book report of one of their favorite books. It is so important for kids to keep reading all summer long.
Not only is it FUN to read, but it will help create life long learners, but it is also essential to helping kids avoid the summer slide.
Printable reading log
This version of our book logs is intended to hang on the wall for kids to visually see how many books they’ve read. Print off several sheets of the printable and cut out the books and shelf (or have kids cut them out). Each person participating in the reading competition will need a bookshelf with their name on it to put on the wall.
Book log printable
As students or parents read books, they will write the title and author of the book they read on the blank bookshelf printable. Younger students can color the book with crayons, colored pencils, markers, or gel pens and affix it to the wall with tape, glue tac, etc.
HINT: Have each book count as one book works well if your participants are all about the same age. If you are competing within your family and you read 3 picture books with younger kids per setting, 1 reader with pre k children, and it takes older students several days to read a chapter book this method has to be altered. In that case, depending on how avid of readers your family is, you may want each book to stand for 30 minutes of reading or 1 hour of reading. Then everyone has an equal opportunity to grow the books on their book shelf.
First of all, whether you stock up on books at your local library, have a robust home library, or not. You can still order books and have them conveninetly shipped to your house from Amazon. Wondering what should I read – we’ve got tons of great book recommendations for you! Click on the list you want to read and then you can conveninetly order from Amazon or print a book list to take to the library.
- 50 Books for Kindergarten Book List – books for Kindergarteners to read themselves
- Best Read aloud books for kindergarten
- 1st grade reading books pdf – 100 Books for 1st Graders to Read Themselves
- 20+ Fantastic First grade read alouds picture books
- Best First grade read aloud chapter books
- Top 25 Chapter books for 1st graders, 2nd graders, and 3rd graders
- Best 2nd Grade Reading List
- 2nd grade reading books pdf
- Printable 3rd grade reading list
- 4th Grade Reading List
- 5th grade reading List
- Historical fiction books for kids (arranged by time period)
Free printable reading log
Looking for other free printable reading logs other than just our bookshelf printable? Try these fun resources:
- Monthly Reading Log – this free printable has ‘traditional’ monthly themes
- Bookshelf Free Printable Reading Logs – super cute and fun for kids of all ages!
- Pencil Free Printable Reading Logs -print reading worksheet and color a pencil for each book you read
- Frozen Free Printable Reading Logs – kids will have fun tracking their reading and the books they’ve read with this motivating free printable for kids of all ages
- Princess Free Printable Reading Logs – students will have fun tracking their reading with these free printable reading logs
- Super Hero Free Printable Reading Logs – using a favorite theme of kids will encourage kids to read
- Cars Free Printable Book Logs – children will have fun tracking the books they’ve read with these clever free reading log
- Summer Free Printable Reading Logs – students will be motivated to read this summer with these ideas
- Reading Comprehension Bookmarks – this is a great tool for making sure kids are understanding what they are reading
- Reading Levels by Grade – how to pick the right books for every reading level and tons of printable book lists too
Looking for more outdoor activities for kids and things to do in the summer? Your toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and elementary age kids will love these fun ideas to keep them busy all summer long:
- Marshmallow Shooters – go over 30 feet!
- Lemon Volcano is a fun Summer Experiment for kids of all ages
- 2 ingredient Easy Slime Recipe
- Super Simple Sand Slime
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – it’s super EASY!
- Kids will no nuts over this simple Pop Rock Experiment
- Leak Proof Bag – Amazing Science Experiment with Everyday Materials
- Mind-Blowing Magnetic Slime for Kids
- Easy Button Crafts for Kids
- Handprint Strawberry Craft for Summer
- Grow Your Own Crystals
- Water Balloon Experiment – exploring densit with an EPIC summer activity for kids
- Amazing Bubble Painting
- Mind Blowing Color Changing Playdough
Summer Activities for Kids
- Egg Shell DIY Chia Pet Craft – Silly Spring / Summer Activities for Kids
- Grass Head Craft for Kids
- EASY Stained Glass Pasta Art for Kids
- Simple Flower Mason Jar Lid Crafts
- Free Beach Worksheets for Kids
- Chromatography Butterflies – EASY Butterfly Craft for Kids
- Silly Bandaid Art Craft for kids
- Blow GIANT bubbles with this Homemade Bubble Solution
- Outrageously FUN Bubble Painting
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Fireworks Craft
- Beautiful Flower Suncatcher Craft
- 30 Fun June Crafts for Kids
- Kids will be amazed at the l-o-n-g colorful bubble snakes they can make with this easy activity
- Must try Lego Zipline
- Exploding Watermelon Science Experiment
- Homemade Chalk Recipe
- 75+ FUN Scavenger Hunts for Kids
- Find activities by month with our June Crafts for kids or our June Activities for Kids!
- 20+ Printable Roadtrip Games
Fun Summer Activities for Kids
- Ice Cream Edible Playdough
- Blood for Kids – Activity to learn about the Human Body
- Whip up a batch of Kool Aid Playdough – it smells amazing!
- EASY, Vibrant Sidewalk Chalk Paint for Kids
- I Spy DIY Bottles are quick, easy and FUN!
- Amazing Tin Foil Art Project for Kids of all Ages
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket Science Experiment for Kids
- EPIC Mentos and Soda Experiment
- Summer Bucket List Printable with Ice Cream Theme
- How to Make Ice Cream in a Bag
- Ice Cream Playdough Patterns
- Head to the zoo with this FREE Zoo Scavenger Hunt – lots of choices for all ages!
- Make your favorite animal with one of these 100 animal crafts
- Try one of these fun Animal I Spy Printables
- Epic Squirt Gun Painting
- 10+ Pasta Flower Crafts for Kids
- Play with your food using this goldfish counting activity
- After seeing the frogs at the pond, grab this free life cycle of a frog worksheet
- Avoid the summer learning loss by practicing math with these crack the code worksheets
- First Day of Summer Craft
- Create this gorgeous stained glass art for kids
- 107 Epic Summer Activities for Kids
Reading log printable free
By using materials from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
Leave a Reply