Reading Log Printable
Reading is SO IMPORTANT for kids of all ages. Not only do they learn grammar (in context), new vocabulary, are exposed to new ways of thinking and experiences, travel the world without leaving home, but they can also learn history, about famous scientists, and more! Encourage kids to read all year long with a reading log printable. These super cute Bookshelf Reading Log sheets are for kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 children. Whether you are parent, teacher, or homeschoolers – you will love this free reading log printable that is as cute and fun as it is useful! Use the book log printable at home, in the classroom, local library, or coop.
Reading log printable pdf
free reading log printable
This clever and easy-to-use bookshelf printable helps children keep track of the books they’ve read. We have two different styles of this free printable reading log. You can either print a black and white sheet with books on a bookshelf for each child or print several pages of book spines with bookshelf. Either way, the reading log printable pdf is in blackline to save on printing costs.
Bookshelf reading log free printable
This reading log for kids is super simple and requires no prep. Students will put their name at the top of their worksheet. They can hang them on a wall, the fridge, their room on a bulletin board, or keep it a their desk at school. Depending on their age have sttudents color a book on their books shelf for every:
- Picture books for toddlers, preschoolers, and prek as a weekly motivator for families
- Early Readers for kindergarnters as a weekly book log for students
- Chapter books read during reading competition (recommended for 2nd grade and up)
- every hour of reading (works for kids of all ages reading any length/style of books)
Hint: Audio books count too!
Bookshelf reading log
This is a great resource to send home with elementary age kids to encourage reading all summer long! This tool can be used by families to record chapter books read. Optional: You can have them record titles on the back of the page or attach to a book report of one of their favorite books. It is so important for kids to keep reading all summer long.
Not only is it FUN to read, but it will help create life long learners, but it is also essential to helping kids avoid the summer slide.
Printable reading log
This version of our book logs is intended to hang on the wall for kids to visually see how many books they’ve read. Print off several sheets of the printable and cut out the books and shelf (or have kids cut them out). Each person participating in the reading competition will need a bookshelf with their name on it to put on the wall.
Book log printable
As students or parents read books, they will write the title and author of the book they read on the blank bookshelf printable. Younger students can color the book with crayons, colored pencils, markers, or gel pens and affix it to the wall with tape, glue tac, etc.
HINT: Have each book count as one book works well if your participants are all about the same age. If you are competing within your family and you read 3 picture books with younger kids per setting, 1 reader with pre k children, and it takes older students several days to read a chapter book this method has to be altered. In that case, depending on how avid of readers your family is, you may want each book to stand for 30 minutes of reading or 1 hour of reading. Then everyone has an equal opportunity to grow the books on their book shelf.
Book recommendations for Kids
- Tons of books for preschoolers
- Must Read Kindergarten Reading Books pdf free, free Kindergarten Reading Level Book List, Favorite Read Aloud Books for Kindergarten
- 100 Books for 1st Graders to Read by Themselves – Level 1 Reading Books pdf free, Fun-to-Read First Grade Picture Books, First Grade Read Aloud Chapter Books
- Chapter Books for 1st Graders, 2nd Graders, and 3rd Graders – favorite series to keep kids reading!
- Best Read Aloud Chapter Books for 2nd Grade, Check out these 2nd Grade Reading Books pdf free
- Handy Grade 3 Reading Books pdf FREE
- Free 4th Grade Reading List pdf
- Printable Grade 5 Reading books pdf
- Exciting Historical Fiction Books for Kids and 25 Exciting Historical Fiction Books for 4th Graders
- Alphabet Books for Children, Transportation Books for Kids, Space Books for Kids that are out-of-this-world
- Funny Picture Books for kids of all ages, Sweet Picture Books about Family, Fun Zoo Books for Kids
- Books about community helpers, Beautiful Animal Books for Preschoolers, Preschool Color Books
- Creepy, Crawly Bug Books for Preschool kids, Rhyming Books for Kindergarten, fun-to read fall books for kids, and Preschool emotion books for learning to understand feelings
- See all of our popular kids books to read
- Handy, Reading Comprehension bookmarks (any book: fiction or non fiction)
- Free Book Report Template for elementary age students or Book Report Worksheets for elementary age kids
- Simple, one page Book Report Templates to ensure kids are understanding the main charaters, setting, and idea of what they are reading
- Super cute Pizza Book Report Idea with Free printable template or sandwich book report freebie
- Free 3rd Grade Book Report template choices
- 26 more clever Book Report Ideas, Ralph Waldo Poetry Worksheets
- See if kids remember the moral of the story with these FREE Aesop Fables Worksheets pdf
- This Library Scavenger Hunt helps kids learn to navigate a library or this Reading Scavenger Hunt
- Bookshelf Reading Log printable – to help encourage kids to read!
- How to teach elementary age students to write a Ralph Waldo Poetry Worksheets
- Free Parts of a Book Worksheet or these parts of a book for kids coloring pages that use playdough
- Plus, grab these super cute, free printable Star Wars bookmarks for kids!
Summer Activities for Kids
- EASY Pool Noodle Race Track for Kids, 30 Homemade Bird Feeders to make, EPIC Water Balloon Painting Activities
- Fun-to-Make DIY Foosball Table, Easy Marshmallow Shooter, 100 Exciting Year-Round Science Experiments for Kids
- Vibrant Sidewalk Chalk Paint, 25+ Water Balloon Games, Outrageously fun Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket
- Epic Squirt Gun Painting, Grass Head Summer Activity for Kids, Easy Sand Volcano with NO clean-up
- Strawberry Scented Jello Playdough Recipe, Snake Bubbles, Beautiful Capillary Action Experiment
- 75+ Free Printable Scavenger Hunts for Kids, 100 Amazing Food Science Experiments, cool Puffy Paint Recipes
- Simple and FUN Aluminum Foil Art, epic Mentos and Soda Experiment, Lemon Volcano is a fun Summer Experiment
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – it’s super EASY! and How to Make a Simple Newton’s Cradle Science Experiment
- Kids will no nuts over this simple Pop Rock Experiment, EASY Stained Glass Pasta Art for Kids, and 2 ingredient slime
- Scented Watermelon Playdough Recipe, ocean slime, Pretty Flower Mason Jar Lid Crafts
- Blow GIANT bubbles Homemade Bubble Solution, fun water balloon experiment, Free Zoo Scavenger Hunt
- Mind Blowing Color Changing Playdough, Bleeding Tissue Paper Fireworks Craft or shaving cream fireworks
- Check out June Crafts and June Activities for Kids, July Crafts and July Activities for kids, August Crafts and August Activities for kids, and don’t miss 107+ things to do in the summer
Looking for more outdoor activities for kids and things to do in the summer? Your toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and elementary age kids will love these fun ideas to keep them busy all summer long:
- Make a Marshmallow Shooters – go over 30 feet or PVC Marshmallow Blasters, whip up some edible marshmallow playdough, and then add smores free camping math worksheets or camping math activities for preschoolers, finally play some no-prep campfire games
- Play with homemade color changing slime, Sand Slime, or watermelon slime, Kool Aid Playdough , vibrant Sidewalk Chalk Paint for Kids, yummy sandcastle ice cream, or make your own aqua magic sand
- Try some summer projects: balloon hovercraft, DIY scribble bot, foosball summer activity for kids, easy pool noodle race track, flow in the dark fairy jar, GIANT bubbles with this Homemade Bubble Solution, FUN Bubble Painting, must try Lego Zipline, Homemade Chalk Recipe, yummy How to Make Ice Cream in a Bag, I Spy DIY Bottles, epic Squirt Gun Painting, must try rocket experiment, or Water Balloon Games for Kids
- Don’t miss summer science projects: Water Balloon Experiment exploring density, sunscreen experiment for kids, colorful lemon volcano experiment, Exploding Watermelon, Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket , amazing fireworks in a jar experiment, balloon rocket experiment for preschool, melting sandcastle summer experiment, and lots more summer science experiments
- Get crafty with EASY Stained Glass Pasta Art , Amazing Bubble Painting, Flower Mason Jar Lid Craft, EASY Butterfly Craft for Kids, Silly Bandaid Art Craft for kids, bleeding tissue Paper Fireworks Craft, Tin Foil Art Project, over 100 animal crafts, salt fireworks 4th of July crafts, or First Day of Summer Craft
- Plan a Beach Theme week with Free Beach Worksheets, summer density tower, easy sand volcano, sandcastle letter tracing
- 75+ FUN Scavenger Hunts for Kids including our popular Zoo Scavenger Hunt
- Nothing says summer like Ice Cream! Try our edible ice cream Playdough, make Playdough Patterns, super cool ice cream volcano, puffy paint ice cream
- Grab a free printable like our animal I Spy Printables, free life cycle of a frog worksheet, fun summer color by number, summer word search printables, free preschool coloring pages pdf, or math summer worksheets for kindergarten
- 25+ Water Balloon Games for Kids, water Balloon Painting Activity, Roll & Paint Balloon Painting, Balloon Paint Art Project, Music Activity for Kids, Epic Ideas for Water Balloon Painting
- Find more summer bucket list ideas including: printable summer bucket list BINGO, Ice Cream summer bucket list activities, and over 100 summer activities for kids,
Reading log printable free
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
Thank you so much for taking the time to produce and share your materials.
Our little school of 3 appreciate you!
You are so talented
I just printed these off for my grandchildren. Thank you!