The weather is getting warmer and it’s time to celebrate the start of summer with these 30 awesome June activities! These june activities for kids include lots of summer activities for kids including ocean, sand, beach, popsicle, ice cream, Fathers Day, bubble activities, and lots more. Use these summer activities for preschoolers, toddlers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students.
This list of cool of June activities includes sensory play, learning activities, small world play, science, STEM activities, and simple recipes you can make with your kids. These june activities for kids are perfect for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd graders too. From ocean activities to beach activities, ice cream activities, and sun activities , bubble activities for kids and sun activities plus lots more – we’ve go so many fun ideas to help families have fun and enjoy summer break together. There are over 30 summer themed activities, which means there is enough for you to try a new activity every day in June.
June Activities for Kids
We have a months worth of fun summer activities. We’ve arranged all these June activity ideas by type so you can find ideas whether you are looking for a beach themed idea for sand or the ocean, yummy ice cream / popsicle theme, bubble activities, and more!
Ocean activities for preschoolers
These ocean activities for kids are sure to be a hit! Fromocena slime to ocean animal felt, ocean sensory bing and more – get ready for a splashing good time!
- Ocean themed skittles candy science experiment from Homeschool Preschool. Have you tried the skittles experiment yet? This is a great twist on a fun science activity!
- Ocean felt busy box from Teach Me Mommy. This would be a great activity to take on a road trip.
- Ocean slime from Natural Beach Living. This is a fabulous clear blue slime recipe, it just looks like the sea!
- Printable sea creatures for ocean playdough from NurtureStore. These cute printable sea creatures are perfect for play dough or other activities.
- Ocean theme preschool sensory bin from Fun with Mama. This is a simple activity to set up and so much fun to play with.
- Awesome ocean slime recipe from Childhood101. This is another great ocean themed slime recipe, this one is full of sparkles!
- Tide pool science experiment from Buggy and Buddy. This is a great science exploration and when you are done you are left with a fun tide pool sensory tub.
** Sneak in some fun learning with this engaging Ocean Animals Lesson for elementary age kids!
Kids will love digging into these sand actvities for kids! These are perfect for a beach theme, playing with seashells you bring home from your summer vacation at the beach, and as a keepsake of your summer 2021!
- Colored sand art bottles from Art Bar. This is a fun activity to do after you’ve visited the beach.
- How to make sand slime from Little Bins for Little Hands. How cool does this sandy slime look!?!
- Sand play dough from Mamma Pappa Bubba. This fun play dough recipe looks just like sand and is perfect for making sand castles!
- Beach Slime Recipe. Kids will love this slime recipe that uses actually sand for a fun-textured summer slime recipe
- Letter Matching Sandcastle Puzzles
- Beach scavenger hunt for kids from Simple Everyday Mom. Print out this fun scavenger hunt for your next trip to the beach.
- Science at the beach from Edventures With Kids. This article shares lots of great science activities to do while at the beach.
- Sandcastle Count and Trace Playdough Mats from Preschool Play and Learn. Kids will have fun sneaking in some summer learning with this fun, free resource.
- Learning the alphabet with sea shells and sand from B-Inspired Mama. This is such a great hands on way to practice letter learning and writing.
- Sand cloud dough from Frugal Fun for Boys and Girls. This is such a simple recipe and is super fun to play with.
- THis super cute, cut and paste, Sandcastle subtraction craft is perfect for summer!
- Practice tracing letters with these clever alphabet beach worksheets and counting beach printables.
- WOrk on color matching with this fun sandcastle activity
- Sandcastle Summer STEM Activity
- Beach Matching Letter Game
- Fun Summer Color by Number pages to work on number recognition and hand muscles
- Simple, Free Beach Coloring Pages
- Seashell Alphabet Matching Activity
Popsicle and Ice Cream Activities
- Preschool popsicle counting puzzle from Miniature Masterminds. This free printable is great for fine motor work and number learning.
- Peachy popsicles from Glued to my Crafts. Popsicles are a fun and easy to make with kids, these peachy popsicles sound delicious, and if you scroll to the bottom you’ll see links to even more popsicle recipes.
- Ice Cream in a Bag. Kids will love making and eating ice cream they make themselves with this yummy, easy ice cream recipe.
- Ice cream toppings sensory bin from Modern Preschool. This sensory bin looks good enough to eat!
- Cloud dough ice cream shop from Mama Papa Bubba. This is such a fun dramatic play set up for summer.
Ice Cream Activities
If you are looking for more ice cream activities to add to your ice cream theme of summer learning, check these out!
- AMAZING, Edible Play doh ice cream Recipe that scoops like ice creaam!
- Work on tracing letter with these free Alphabet Ice Cream Printables
- Delicious Alphabet Ice Cream Printables Puzzles to help kids practice matching upper and lowercase letters
- Check out these Alphabet Mats for your Ice Cream Theme
- Practice adding to to with these cute Make 10 Ice Cream Math
- Cute, Hands-on Number Bonds Ice Cream Activity
- Ice Cream Compound Word Activity
- FUN Ice Cream Place Value Kindergarten Activity
- Cut and paste sentences with this Sentence Scrambles to make your own Ice Cream Reader for pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students
- Color Matching Activity for your Ice Cream Theme
- Simple Ice Cream Coloring Pages
- Fun and EASY How to Make Ice Cream in a Bag
- TONS of cute Ice Cream Craft Preschool
- Cute I Spy ice cream games for kids
- Make practicing math fun with these fun Ice Cream Math Worksheets
- Simple Ice Cream craft using washi tape for toddlers, preschoolers and kindergartners.
- Count to 20 as you Build your Ice Cream Math Sundae
- Scoop up Ice Cream Counting Printable
- I is for Ice Cream handart project for kids
- Practice completing patterns with this FUN Ice Cream pattern activity for preschoolers
- Hands-on Ice Cream Shapes Playdough Mats
Bubble Activities for Kids
- DIY upcycled bubble blowers from And Next Comes L. This is such a clever upcycle with super cool results!
- How to make DIY bubble wands from Natural Beach Living. These bubble wands are gorgeous and there is a great bubble mix recipe to try too.
- Make a square and cube bubble from Pink Stripey Socks. This is a seriously cool bubble science activity.
- A tub of bubbles sensory play from Picklebums. Try this easy bubble sensory play idea.
- Bubble snake blower from Messy Little Monsters. You have to try this with your kids, it is super easy and super fun!
Looking for more fun, creative ways to paint with bubbles? Check out these FUN ideas!
- Bubble Painting by blowing bubbles
- Slime Bubbles
- How to make bubbles – makes HUGE bubbles!
- Easy Bubble Experiment for Preschoolers
- Beautiful Bubble Art for Kids
- Foam Bubble Painting Art for Kids
More Fun June Activities
- Summer counting cards from Teach Me Mommy. This summer themed printable is perfect for practicing counting.
- Summer sequencing cards from Homeschool preschool. This free printable is a fun summer themed learning activity.
- Silly Grass People Activity. Kids will have fun creating their own figure and watering it daily to make creative silly grass people this summer.
- Decorating gold balls for Father’s Day from Laughing Kids Learn. This is an easy and fun activity and perfect for a Father’s Day gift.
- DIY Father’s Day Craft Trophy from 123 Homeschool 4 Me. Kids will have fun making this easy trophy craft to celebrate Dad.
- Fathers day pancakes from Betty Crocker. This would be such a fun breakfast to make for Dad on Father’s Day.
- Kid-made free printable Father’s Day book from Hello Wonderful. This is a great way to work on writing and drawing skills while also making Dad a gorgeous gift.
- Pirate Worksheets for early elementary age kids to work on math and litearcy skills
- Gingerbread Pirates Worksheets for Kids
- Pirate Place Value Game for making practicing place value fun
- Pirate Letter Sounds Activity – includes both mathing letters and soritng by beginning sounds
- Fun Pirate Reducing Fractions Game
- Free printable Pirate Color by Number Worksheets
- Jake and the Neverland Pirates Worksheets for preschoolers and kindergarters
- Pirate Handwriting Printables for working on pre-writing skills
- You may also like: Color by Code Worksheets, Pirate Printable Pack, and Pirate Parts of Speech Activity
- Pirate Number Flashcards
- Super cute and simple Pirate Coloring Pages
- Pirate Family Fun Night
- Preschool Pirate Theme
- Pirate Printables Themed Shape Reader
- Free Pirate Kindergarten Sight Words Game
If you are looking for more things do you with your kids during June, check out these fabulous June crafts for kids. There are lots different art and craft ideas for all ages to try out. We have so many EPIC summer activities for kids of all ages!
The kids will be busy all month long trying these June activities for kids!
Looking for more outdoor activities for kids and things to do in the summer? Your toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and elementary age kids will love these fun ideas to keep them busy all summer long:
- Marshmallow Shooters – go over 30 feet!
- 2 ingredient Easy Slime Recipe
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – it’s super EASY!
- Kids will no nuts over this simple Pop Rock Experiment
- Handprint Strawberry Craft for Summer
- Grow Your Own Crystals
- Water Balloon Experiment – exploring densit with an EPIC summer activity for kids
- EASY, Colorful Oil and Water Science Experiment
- Kids will be amazed as you change colors of white flowers with this Dying Flowers Science Experiment
- Human Body Project
- Amazing Bubble Painting
- Mind Blowing Color Changing Playdough
- Amazing, Heat Sensitive, Color Changing Slime
Summer Activities for Kids
- Egg Shell DIY Chia Pet Craft – Silly Spring / Summer Activities for Kids
- Outrageously cool Bouncy Egg Experiment
- Rainbow Summer Activities for Preschoolers
- Grass Head Craft for Kids
- Blow GIANT bubbles with this Homemade Bubble Solution
- Outrageously FUN Bubble Painting
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Fireworks Craft
- Beautiful Flower Suncatcher Craft
- 30 Fun June Crafts for Kids
- This super cool Lego Zipline is fun and simple to make
- Exploding Watermelon – science experiment that explores potential and kinetic energy with a big WOW moment!
- Memorable Life Size Skeletal system science project – includes free printable template
- Lego Squishy Circuits Electricity Science Experiments for Kids
- Exploding Watermelon Science Experiment
- Homemade Chalk Recipe
- 75+ FUN Scavenger Hunts for Kids
- Find activities by month with our June Crafts for kids or our June Activities for Kids!
Fun Summer Activities for Kids
- Ice Cream Edible Playdough
- Whip up a batch of Kool Aid Playdough – it smells amazing!
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket Science Experiment for Kids
- Summer Bucket List Printable with Ice Cream Theme
- How to Make Ice Cream in a Bag
- Free Printable Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers
- Ice Cream Playdough Patterns
- Head to the zoo with this FREE Zoo Scavenger Hunt – lots of choices for all ages!
- Make your favorite animal with one of these 100 animal crafts
- Try one of these fun Animal I Spy Printables
- Play with your food using this goldfish counting activity
- After seeing the frogs at the pond, grab this free life cycle of a frog worksheet
- Avoid the summer learning loss by practicing math with these crack the code worksheets
- First Day of Summer Craft
- Create this gorgeous stained glass art for kids
- 107 Epic Summer Activities for Kids