The weather is getting warmer, it’s time to celebrate the start of summer with these 30 awesome June activities for kids!
This list of cool of June activities for kids includes sensory play, learning activities, small world play, science and STEM activities, and simple recipes you can make with your kids. There are lots of ocean and beach themed activities, as well as some delicious ice cream ideas, some fun bubble activities, plus lots more activities to celebrate the warm weather!
There are over 30 summer themed activities, which means there is enough for you to try a new activity every day in June.
June Activities for Kids
We have a months worth of fun June Activities for kids from toddlers, preschoolers, pre k, kindergartners, first graders, 2nd graders, and elementary age kids. We’ve arranged all these June activity ideas by type so you can find ideas whether you are looking for a beach themed idea for sand or the ocean, yummy ice cream / popsicle theme, bubble activities, and more!
- Ocean themed skittles candy science experiment from Homeschool Preschool. Have you tried the skittles experiment yet? This is a great twist on a fun science activity!
- Ocean felt busy box from Teach Me Mommy. This would be a great activity to take on a road trip.
- Ocean slime from Natural Beach Living. This is a fabulous clear blue slime recipe, it just looks like the sea!
- Printable sea creatures for ocean playdough from NurtureStore. These cute printable sea creatures are perfect for play dough or other activities.
- Ocean theme preschool sensory bin from Fun with Mama. This is a simple activity to set up and so much fun to play with.
- Awesome ocean slime recipe from Childhood101. This is another great ocean themed slime recipe, this one is full of sparkles!
- Tide pool science experiment from Buggy and Buddy. This is a great science exploration and when you are done you are left with a fun tide pool sensory tub.
Sand & Beach Activities
- Colored sand art bottles from Art Bar. This is a fun activity to do after you’ve visited the beach.
- How to make sand slime from Little Bins for Little Hands. How cool does this sandy slime look!?!
- Sand play dough from Mamma Pappa Bubba. This fun play dough recipe looks just like sand and is perfect for making sand castles!
- Beach Slime Recipe. Kids will love this slime recipe that uses actually sand for a fun-textured summer slime recipe
- Beach scavenger hunt for kids from Simple Everyday Mom. Print out this fun scavenger hunt for your next trip to the beach.
- Science at the beach from Edventures With Kids. This article shares lots of great science activities to do while at the beach.
- Sandcastle Count and Trace Playdough Mats from Preschool Play and Learn. Kids will have fun sneaking in some summer learning with this fun, free resource.
- Learning the alphabet with sea shells and sand from B-Inspired Mama. This is such a great hands on way to practice letter learning and writing.
- Sand cloud dough from Frugal Fun for Boys and Girls. This is such a simple recipe and is super fun to play with.
Popsicle and Ice Cream Activities
- Preschool popsicle counting puzzle from Miniature Masterminds. This free printable is great for fine motor work and number learning.
- Simple homemade ice cream in a bag from Little Bins for Little Hands. You have to try this awesome edible science activity!
- Peachy popsicles from Glued to my Crafts. Popsicles are a fun and easy to make with kids, these peachy popsicles sound delicious, and if you scroll to the bottom you’ll see links to even more popsicle recipes.
- Shape Ice Cream Playdough Mats from Preschool Play and Learn. Kids will have fun practicing making shapes with this super cute, summer themed math activity.
- Ice Cream in a Bag. Kids will love making and eating ice cream they make themselves with this yummy, easy ice cream recipe.
- Ice cream toppings sensory bin from Modern Preschool. This sensory bin looks good enough to eat!
- Ice cream play dough from One Little Project. This play dough looks so soft and inviting.
- Cloud dough ice cream shop from Mama Papa Bubba. This is such a fun dramatic play set up for summer.
- DIY upcycled bubble blowers from And Next Comes L. This is such a clever upcycle with super cool results!
- Bubble Solution for GIANT Bubbles. Want to make the BIGGEST bubbles ever? Try this DIY bubble recipe.
- How to make DIY bubble wands from Natural Beach Living. These bubble wands are gorgeous and there is a great bubble mix recipe to try too.
- Make a square and cube bubble from Pink Stripey Socks. This is a seriously cool bubble science activity.
- A tub of bubbles sensory play from Picklebums. Try this easy bubble sensory play idea.
- Bubble snake blower from Messy Little Monsters. You have to try this with your kids, it is super easy and super fun!
- Amazing Bubble Painting from 123 Homeschool 4 Me. This artwork is as fun to make as it is strikingly beautiful at the end
More Fun June Activities
- Summer counting cards from Teach Me Mommy. This summer themed printable is perfect for practicing counting.
- Summer sequencing cards from Homeschool preschool. This free printable is a fun summer themed learning activity.
- Silly Grass People Activity. Kids will have fun creating their own figure and watering it daily to make creative silly grass people this summer.
- Decorating gold balls for Father’s Day from Laughing Kids Learn. This is an easy and fun activity and perfect for a Father’s Day gift.
- DIY Fathers Day Trophy from 123 Homeschool 4 Me. Kids will have fun making this easy trophy craft to celebrate Dad.
- Fathers day pancakes from Betty Crocker. This would be such a fun breakfast to make for Dad on Father’s Day.
- Kid-made free printable Father’s Day book from Hello Wonderful. This is a great way to work on writing and drawing skills while also making Dad a gorgeous gift.
If you are looking for more things do you with your kids during June, check out these fabulous June crafts for kids. There are lots different art and craft ideas for all ages to try out. We have so many EPIC summer activities for kids of all ages!
The kids will be busy all month long trying these June activities for kids!