If you are looking for a fun, unique activity using eggs you will love this silly egg head craft. This egg shell diy chia pet is cute, simple and silly spring activities for kids. This egg shell craft is fun for toddler, prsechool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd graders too!
Spring Activities for Kids
This craft using egg shell is a fun simple summer craft for kids that uses things you have laying around your house. Kids will love giving their egg head craft personality, watching their hair grow, and giving their egg craft a haircut! This diy chia pet is perfect for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students! Plus this spring activities for preschoolers science is the perfect addition to a planting seeds with preschoolers activity for your plants and seeds lesson plan!
Summer Activities for Preschoolers
It is so easy to make your own chia pet with things yo have laying aroudn the house! Let me show you how to make a chia pet out of a leftover egg shell! All you need are a few simple materials you probabaly already have on hand!
- egg shell (rinsed out)
- grass seed
- googly eyes
DIY chia pet
After you make your morning scrambled eggs or an afternoon batch of chocolate chip cookies, don’t throw out those egg shells! Instead rinse them out to make a cute chia pet craft! HINT: Try to crack the egg so one piece of the egg shell is pretty big. You can use white, brown, or colored egg shells for this silly egg shell activity.
Spring Activity for Toddlers
You can put your egg shells on a plate or in the carton to make the craft – whatever is easiest for you. You will need to add some dirt to the egg, filling about 3/4 of the egg. Potting soil works great, but a scoop from dirt in your yard or garden will work too. Now sprinkle some grass seed – any that you have on hand on top of the soil. Add a thin layer more of topsoil to lightly cover. Use a spray bottle with water to lightly mist the soil. Set in a sunny spot to watch them grow!
Spring activities for preschoolers science
Continue watering your egg heads with water from the spray bottle daily, keeping the soil moist, but not wet. In just several days you will see grass start growing. Kids will giggle with excitement as they see their silly egg people getting hair.
Keep watering and allow the hair to grow more.
Egg shell craft
This is such a fun grass craft for kids! The options are truly endless for creating faces, but we kept it simple. We used peel and stick googly eyes and create a face with a black sharpie marker. You can use glue with yarn, colored sharpie markers, or any other craft material that looks like fun. Make different silly expressions to reflect each of their personalities.
Craft ideas with egg shells
HINT: I like to make the egg head faces first so I don’t chance spilling the dirt while we create the silly grass heads!
You can even make different egg heads reflecting emotions for a fun emotion craft or emotion activity for kids.
Now is my favorite part – give the egg craft a hair cut! Kids can carefully use scissor to give their grass people a hair cut, or style their hair into pig tails – whatever they like. It can be silly, funny, or pretty – you decide.
Egg shell activity
The best part – keep watering yoru grass heads and give them a different haircut next week. Unlike barbie dolls, this toy will regrow hair so your child can practice cutting and styling the hair over and over again! Just keep watering and giving it sun and the fun won’t stop!
- Easy Floating Egg Experiment
- Amazing Egg in a Bottle Science Experiment
- Fun Egg Drop Project
- EASY Egg geode experiment for kids of all ages!
- Outrageously cool Bouncy Egg Experiment
Looking for more outdoor activities for kids and things to do in the summer? Your toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and elementary age kids will love these fun ideas to keep them busy all summer long:
- Marshmallow Shooters – go over 30 feet!
- 2 ingredient Easy Slime Recipe
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – it’s super EASY!
- Scented, Watermelon Playdough Recipe for summer
- Kids will no nuts over this simple Pop Rock Experiment
- Handprint Strawberry Craft for Summer
- Grow Your Own Crystals
- Water Balloon Experiment – exploring densit with an EPIC summer activity for kids
- Amazing Bubble Painting
- Mind Blowing Color Changing Playdough
Summer Activities for Kids
- Egg Shell DIY Chia Pet Craft – Silly Spring / Summer Activities for Kids
- Grass Head Craft for Kids
- Blow GIANT bubbles with this Homemade Bubble Solution
- Outrageously FUN Bubble Painting
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Fireworks Craft
- Beautiful Flower Suncatcher Craft
- 30 Fun June Crafts for Kids
- Must try Lego Zipline
- Exploding Watermelon Science Experiment
- Homemade Chalk Recipe
- 75+ FUN Scavenger Hunts for Kids
- Find activities by month with our June Crafts for kids or our June Activities for Kids!
Fun Summer Activities for Kids
- Ice Cream Edible Playdough
- Whip up a batch of Kool Aid Playdough – it smells amazing!
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket Science Experiment for Kids
- Summer Bucket List Printable with Ice Cream Theme
- How to Make Ice Cream in a Bag
- Ice Cream Playdough Patterns
- Head to the zoo with this FREE Zoo Scavenger Hunt – lots of choices for all ages!
- Make your favorite animal with one of these 100 animal crafts
- Try one of these fun Animal I Spy Printables
- Play with your food using this goldfish counting activity
- After seeing the frogs at the pond, grab this free life cycle of a frog worksheet
- Avoid the summer learning loss by practicing math with these crack the code worksheets
- First Day of Summer Craft
- Create this gorgeous stained glass art for kids
- 107 Epic Summer Activities for Kids
Leave a Reply