These fabulous preschool alphabet activities are a fun way to introduce letters and literacy learning. From free alphabet printables, hands-on alphabet sensory bin, FUN alphabet activity ideas, free preschool alphabet worksheets, and cute preschool alphabet crafts to make learning ABC from A to Z FUN! We have tons of ideas for toddler, pre-k, preschoolers, and kindergarten age kids!
Preschool Alphabet Activities
These hands-on activities will help your preschooler become familiar with the alphabet and begin to work on letter recognition. While they play and have fun with these alphabet activities, they will be learning upper and lower case letters as well as beginning letter sounds. Use sensory play, art and crafts, and lots of fun games and activities to encourage your preschooler to learn while having lots of fun. Come get inspired with these 50+ amazing alphabet activities for preschoolers! We have lots of Alphabet Printables for Preschoolers too!
Alphabet Activities for Preschoolers
Try some of these fun, hands-on alphabet activities for preschoolers.
- Alphabet Flower Garden Activity from Buggy and Buddy.
This flower themed alphabet activity is perfect for spring learning.
- Free Printable Fruit Loop Alphabet Snack Mats from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Complete with letter and pictures on these printable snack mats with fruit loops or skittles! Play, Snack, Repeat!
- Alphabet Soup Game from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Use this free printable and some magnetic letters to play this fun alphabet game.
- Matching Alphabet Beans Game from The Imagination Tree
Use some ordinary dried beans to make this fun alphabet game.
- Tractor Alphabet Plowing from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Preschoolers will love ‘plowing’ the letters with this fun printable alphabet activity.
- Band-Aid Bear Alphabet Matching Game from Tot Schooling
This adorable free printable game combines letter recognition and pretend play.
- Halloween Match it ABC Game from Preschool Play and Learn.
Sneak in a fun, educational matching ABC game with this Halloween activity.
- Hop-to-It Alphabet Matching Game from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Work on letter recognition with this fun froggy themed alphabet matching game.
- Printable Gumball Alphabet Game from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This fun, hands-on letter matching activity is great for learning upper and lowercase letters.
- Ping Pong Alphabet Bounce from I Can Teach My Child
Preschoolers will love playing this game so much they won’t even notice they are learning!
- Feed the Cow Letter Matching Activity from Preschool Play and Learn.
This letter matching game is sure to make the kids giggle.
- Letter Sort Bees from Preschool Play and Learn.
This fun sorting bees activity is a great way to help children work on visual discrimination.
- Magnetic Alphabet Match-Up Game from Preschool Play and Learn.
This is a fun, hands on game to help kids with letter recognition.
- Alphabet Mow the Grass Magnet Activity from Preschool Play and Learn.
This alphabet activity is outrageously and great for practicing letter formation.
- Alphabet Go Fish Game from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Help kids practice matching upper and lowercase letters with this super cute alphabet go fish game.
- Alphabet Gingerbread Activities from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Kids will have fun practicing forming letters with this super cute, hands-on, alphabet gingerbread activity
- ABC Popsicle Alphabet Letter Activity from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This alphabet matching activity is so clever and low prep too!
Alphabet Sensory Bin
Use the senses to learn letters and literacy skills with these fun alphabet sensory activities for preschoolers.
- Ladybug Letter Puzzle Sensory Bin from Fun A day.
Use the free printable lady bug letter cards to set up this fun learning activity.
- Free Printable A to Z Letter Playdough Mats from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Combine playdough and learning letters with these super cute alphabet playdough mats.
- Icy Fizzing Letters from Fun a Day
Combine baking soda and vinegar with a “secret” ingredient to create fun abc learning for kids!
- Alphabet Letter Splash from Teach Mama.
This is a great outdoor alphabet activity for the summer.
- Alphabet Goop from Kids Activities Blog.
Add some magnetic letters to a tub of goop for some sensory alphabet fun.
- Mini Alphabet Sensory Bins from Little Bings for Little Hands.
Make a mini sensory bin for every letter of the alphabet.
- Alphabet sensory bag from Preschool Inspirations.
Have fin finding the letters hidden in this no-mess sensory bag.
- Printable Alphabet Playdough Letter Mats from Preschool Play and Learn.
Have fun practicing forming uppercase alphabet letters with these free printable alphabet playdough mats.
- Gingerbread Alphabet Tracing from Preschool Play and Learn.
This gingerbread scented alphabet activity is a great addition to your Christmas lesson plans
Preschool Alphabet Crafts
Get creative while learning letters with these fun alphabet crafts and art ideas for preschoolers.
- Alphabet Coloring Pages from Kindergarten Worksheets and games
Kids will love coloring these free printable letter coloring pages.
- Printable Alphabet Hats Craft from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Use these free printables to make a different hat for each letter of the alphabet!
- Kite Alphabet Craft from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This super cute, alphabet craft is a fun way for kids to practice identifying the letters and beginning sounds.
- Printable Lowercase Alphabet Crafts from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
These free printable templates means these 26 letter crafts super easy to make.
- Printable Uppercase Alphabet Crafts from Preschool Play and Learn.
And here is a set of printable craft templates for uppercase letters too!
- A to Z Handprint Alphabet Crafts from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games
Make handprint art for every letter of the alphabet with these fun ideas.
- Alphabet Apple Lacing Craft from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Practice letter order as you make this cute apple craft.
- Alphabet Building Activity for Kids from Toddler Approved.
Grab some colorful packing peanuts and make the alphabet!
- Alphabet Painting Project from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This painting activity focuses on learning letters and looking at lines.
- Letter Imprints Alphabet Art from Taming Little Monsters.
Have fun learning the alphabet with this letter imprint art activity.
- Painted Alphabet Art for Kids from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Learn letters while making some gorgeous art.
Alphabet Printables for Preschoolers
These free printable alphabet activities for preschoolers make the perfect, no-prep, letter learning activities.
- Lego Duplo Alphabet Mats from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
The kids will love building letters with these free printable Duplo letter mats.
- Phonics Letter Coloring Pages from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
These free printable phonics coloring pages are a fun way to introduce
preschoolers to letters and the sounds they make.
- A-Z Letter Find Worksheets from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Have fun practicing identifying uppercase and lowercase letters with these super cute, free printable, alphabet worksheets for preschoolers.
- Printable ABC Alphabet Books from 123 Homeschool 4 Me
Kids will have fun making their very own alphabet book printable with this fab free printable.
- Alphabet Flashcards and Wall Display from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Display these free printable Alphabet cards on the wall for kids to reference upper and lower case letters.
- Free Printable Alphabet Letter Builder from 123 Homeschool for Me.
Making letters with these printable curved and straight lines is a great way for preschoolers to learn letter formation.
- Alphabet Strip Printable from Kidnergarten Worksheets and Games.
These free printable alphabet strips are great for preschoolers who are ready to copy letters.
- Printable Alphabet Do a Dot Marker Worksheets from Preschool Play and Learn.
Have fun learning upper and lowercase letters with these super cute do a dot printables.
- Animal Alphabet Worksheets for Preschoolers from Preschool Play and Learn.
Make learning letters fun with these free printable, animal alphabet worksheets.
- Printable Alphabet Coloring Pages for Preschoolers from Preschool Play and Learn.
These super cute, alphabet coloring pages are a fun way for preschoolers to work on learning the sounds letters make.
- Printable Find the Letter Fish Worksheets from Preschool Play and Learn.
Practice recognising both upper and lowercase letters with this super cute find the letter, fish themed activity.
- Printable Letter Find Worksheets with Dot Markers from Preschool Play and Learn.
Preschoolers will love using dot markers to find and mark all the letters with these fun printables.
- Animal Uppercase Tracing Letters A-Z from Preschool Play and Learn.
These free printable tracing cards are perfect for learning letter formation.
- Find the Letter Dinosaur Alphabet Worksheets from Preschool Play and Learn.
Make practicing learning lowercase letters fun with this dinosaur alphabet printable.
- Watermelon Printable Alphabet Mats from Preschool Play and Learn.
These super cute, watermelon printables help kids learn to make both uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Ice Cream Alphabet Printables from Preschool Play and Learn.
This fun summer themed activity helps kids learn lowercase letters, form letters, begin to identify beginning sounds, and trace words too.
- Summer Alphabet Puzzles from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Kids will have fun practicing identifying upper and lower case letters with these free printable summer alphabet puzzles.
- Superhero Alphabet Printables Bracelets from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
The kids are going to love these superhero printables for learning letters.
- Farm Alphabet Tracing Mats from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Have fun working on forming letters and tracing letters with these super cute, free printable, Farm Alphabet Tracing Mats
Preschool alphabet worksheets
- Fun Alphabet, Phonics Coloring Pages
- Super cute, Free printable Letter Recognition Worksheets – each page has a different theme
- Disney Alphabet Coloring Pages to practice letter tracing A-Z
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets – handy with a page per letter with tracing for upper and lowercase letters
- Alphabet Maze pack to practice ABCs with cute themed mazes
- Cut and Paste Alphabet Worksheets – great for learning ABCs with pre-k
- Free printable preschool worksheets tracing letters pdf
- Practice letters with these clever Pirate ABC Worksheets
- Our most popular Alphabet worksheets as they have a little of everything (above)
- Fun Letter Recognition Worksheets for Kids to do with do a dot markers
- Animal Themed ABC Worksheets
- Cute fish Find the Letter Worksheets
- Print and Go Find the Letter Worksheets
- Looking for more free printables? We have lots of pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets 1st grade worksheets, and over 1 million pages of FREE worksheets for kids.
Letter Activities for Preschoolers
Are you looking for even more alphabet activities? Try one of these
lists of letter learning and alphabet ideas for kids of all ages.
- Alphabet Printables – over 1000 free
alphabet worksheets, games, and activities
- 20 ABC Games for Boys
- 17 Amazing Alphabet Activities
- 101 Alphabet Ideas & Printables
- 35 Alphabet Letters & Sounds Games
Leave a Reply