Make learning your ABCs fun with these hands-on, free printable, Duplo Alphabet Mats for building letters and tracing letters too. There is a page for each letter A to Z.
LEGO is a trademark of the LEGO Group, which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this web site.
Duplo Alphabet Mats
Kids need lots of practice to learn their ABCs! We like to provide a variety of hands on activities to learn how to form uppercase letters, learn to recognize each letter (letter recognition), strengthen hand muscles by tracing letters, and even work on beginning sounds which is a great introduction to phonemic awareness.
My kids, young and old, LOVE playing with Lego bricks. Whether they are building tall towers, creating a building, a village, or learning to follow step by step instructions to build a new set. This is one classic, educational toy that never goes out of style! With these Duplo Alphabet Mats, we wanted to help keep kids engaged and motivated to practice learning their alphabet. And with our toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and first graders it WORKED!
Lego Alphabet Letters Printable
Kids can begin identifying alphabet letters, learn to make alphabet letters, and eventually practice writing alphabet letters with these fun Lego Alphabet Mats for toddlers, preschoolers, prek, kindergartners, and grade 1. I just love hands on alphabet activities that make learning fun!
Lego Alphabet Mats
Print the pages in color. I suggest laminating the sheets or sliding them in a page protector to make them durable – especially if you are using them in a classroom, daycare, or with multiple siblings. Now the abc printable is reusable – children can use a dry erase marker to practice forming their uppercase alphabet letters on the bottom of each sheet from A to Z.
Give students one of the alphabet printables, a pile of duplo blocks, and a dry erase marker (or crayon, marker, colored pencil, gel pen if you are making these consumable worksheets). Each page has just a splash of color – a brick border on the top and the bottom of the page to grab kids attention. Also on the free worksheet is a large uppercase letter with a template of how to form it (great for working on 1:1 correspondence) and letters on ruled lines for students to practice alphabet tracing.
We use these brick alphabet mats with LEGO DUPLO blocks, but generic ones work just as well. Use whatever you have on hand.
Math Activities for Preschoolers
Introduce some math concepts by trying this. Ask children to only use single blocks and build the letters. How many single blocks makes up a double? Do you need more blocks using single or double blocks?
Lego Duplo Alphabet
See how we use these alphabet mats in our homeschool. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this fun, no prep alphabet worksheet for working on alphabet recognition.
Educational Lego Activities
Looking for more ways to keep kids engaged with Lego? We have lots of fun, creative ideas and free printables to help:
- Lego Challenge Cards – Famous World Landmarks
- Free Printable Lego All About Me
- Learn the Books of the Bible with Lego
- Journaling with Lego
- Build a Sentence with Lego
- Lego Zipline Engineering Activity
- Lego Multiplication Activity
- Printable Lego Number Mats
- Lego Volcano Science Activity
- 100 Ideas for Learning with Lego
- Free Lego Activities for Kids Poster
These abc worksheets are a great resource to add to your letter of the week curriculum. Use these one week at a time for easy, no prep activities!
- A to Z Printable Alphabet Hats – learn vocabulary, introduce beginning sounds, and more
- Printable Alphabet Bracelets – just color, cut and tape your alphabet bracelet
- Alphabet Mini Book Printable – low prep, fold and go alphabet book for each letter
- A to Z Find the Letter – each alphabet letter has a different theme with recognition letter
- Bingo Marker Alphabet Letter Find – kids love using do a dot markers
- Lowercase Letters Cards can be used with playdough or dry erase markers. Plus they are great for learning new vocabulary of fruit and vegetables from A to Z
- Uppercase Letter Cards are fun to use with fingers, dry erase markers, or playdough and include animals from A to Z.
- Simple Alphabet Playdough Mats or Interactive Alphabet Playdough Mats– strengthen fine motor skills while forming letters out of play doh
- ABC Coloring Pages are shaped like the letter for extra fun! Put them together to make acute letter book.
Lego Duplo Printables
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!