Is your child learning their shapes for preschool? This fun, hands- on shape activity is a fun way for learning shapes for preschoolers. Start by printing the shape printables, grab some popsicle sticks, and it’s time to start building shapes. In this shapes lesson plan preschool students will also learn to recognize real-work shapes, shape names, and more.
Learning Shapes for Preschoolers
Are you teaching preschool shapes? THis fun, hands- on shape activity for kids allows toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners to learn while having fun. The shape worksheet gives shape activity prompts for building shapes, trace shape names, and recognize objects with the featured shape. This free shapes printable is a fun stand-alone activity for parents to sneak in extra practice or homeschool coops. This is also great for teachers to use as a shapes activitis for kindergarten classrooms as a math coop.
Print all the pages in the set. Now fold each page in half and laminate to make 2-sided shape cards.
There is a shape card for the following 10 preschool shapes: triangle, square, trapezoid, hexagon, circle, oval, heart, rectangle, star, and rhombus.
Shapes for Preschool
First students will follow the directions to build the shape out of popsicle sticks. It includes how many sticks will be needed and a picture of a cute happy shape to use as a cue. This is great for shape recognition.
HINT: Students can trace the shape with their finger or dry erase marker for extra practice.
Shapes Lesson Plan Preschool
Now students can flip over the card and make sure they created the shape correctly.
Grab a dry erase marker to trace the shape name.
Shapes activities for kindergarten
Funally, students will circle all the cute clipart that demonstrates the featured image. This is great for reinforcing shaperecognition with students. This is such a fun, hands-on way for students to work with shapes while having fun with preschool math.
Looking for more fun ways to help kids learn about shapes? You will love these free shape printables:
- Preschool Shapes Worksheets
- Teaching Shapes to Preschoolers with Pirate Printable Reader
- Monster Preschool Shapes Playdough mats
- Chocolate Shape Mats
- Free Printable Shape Flashcards
- Build a Snowman – Free Printable Shape Puzzles
- Popsicle Shape Sorting Mats
- Pumpkin Shape Matching
- Penguin Shape Sorting Activity
- Trace & Erase Shape Activities for Preschoolers
- Pumpkin Shape Mats
- Leaf Shapes for Kids
- Trace the Shape
- Hands-on, Free Shape Patterns Printables
Shape Activities for Kids
- Shape Scavenger Hunt
- Free Shape Matching Wheel Activity
- Shape Buddy Preschool Shape Activities and Crafts
- Free Printable Shapes Worksheets
- Cut and Paste Shapes Printable
- Shape Constellation Flashlight Printable
- Free Shape Puzzles Printable
- Shape Do a Dot Printables
- Free Printable Road Shapes
- Free Shape Bingo Game
- Shape Playdough Mats
- Free Shape Games
- Flower Shape Mats
- Ice Cream Shape Mats
- Flower Shape Math Craft
- Seasons Pattern Blocks Mats
- Alphabet Pattern Blocks Mats
- Carrot Shape Mats
Preschool Shapes Worksheets
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!