Is your child learning their shapes for preschool? This fun, hands- on shape activity for preschoolers is a fun way for learning shapes. Start by printing the shape printables, grab some popsicle sticks, and it’s time to start building shapes. In this shapes lesson plan preschool students will also learn to recognize real-work shapes, shape names, and more.
Shape Activity for Preschoolers
Are you teaching preschool shapes? THis fun, hands- on shape activity for kids allows toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners to learn while having fun. The shape worksheet gives shape activity prompts for building shapes, trace shape names, and recognize objects with the featured shape. This free shapes printable is a fun stand-alone activity for parents to sneak in extra practice or homeschool coops. This is also great for teachers to use as a shapes activitis for kindergarten classrooms as a math coop.
Learning Shapes for Preschoolers
Print all the pages in the set. Now fold each page in half and laminate to make 2-sided shape cards.
There is a shape card for the following 10 preschool shapes: triangle, square, trapezoid, hexagon, circle, oval, heart, rectangle, star, and rhombus.
Shapes for Preschool
First students will follow the directions to build the shape out of popsicle sticks. It includes how many sticks will be needed and a picture of a cute happy shape to use as a cue. This is great for shape recognition.
HINT: Students can trace the shape with their finger or dry erase marker for extra practice.
Shapes Lesson Plan Preschool
Now students can flip over the card and make sure they created the shape correctly.
Grab a dry erase marker to trace the shape name.
Shapes activities for kindergarten
Funally, students will circle all the cute clipart that demonstrates the featured image. This is great for reinforcing shaperecognition with students. This is such a fun, hands-on way for students to work with shapes while having fun with preschool math.
Looking for some simple, no prep free shape worksheets to make practicing learning shapes fun? You will love these shapes worksheets for kindergarten and early learners:
- These Do a Dot Printables Shape Worksheets use bingo dauber markers to make them perfect for young learners!
- Complete these super cute Preschool Shape Worksheets with playdough or laminate and trace with dry erase markers
- Complete a HUGE variety of activities with these free shape printables pack
- It doesn’t get much simpler that thes handy, FREE Shape Worksheets – pick a shape and trace the shape in different sizes along with learning the shape name too.
- Handy Tracing Shapes Worksheets for Kindergartners learning their shapes
- Christmas Cut and Paste Shape Worksheets
- Or work on shapes with these cute Gingerbread Worksheets for Preschool
- Cut and Paste Shapes Printable Worksheets to use on their own or make into a shape book once you complete the pages
- Circle the shape with these Spider Worksheets Preschool that work on shape recognition
We also have free shape printables from readers to shape puzzles, shape crafts, free printable shape flashcards, and more!
- Shapes coloring pages to learn your shapes including real world objects to color, shape word to trace, and more!
- Grab these Free Printable Shape Puzzles to work on 2d and 3d shape recognition with early learners!
- Simple Mouse and Lion Strips allow kids to practice Tracing Shapes for Preschoolers
- Work on Teaching Shapes to Preschoolers with this Pirate Shapes Printable Reader
- Match the flower shapes with the correct shape word with this pretty, fun and FREE Flower Kindergarten Math Crafts
- Learn Shapes while tracing, coloring, and making a fall leaf book with this Fall Kindergarten Activity
- Fun Shape Flashlight Constellations activity for kids
- Flower Shape Printable Clip Cards
- Grab these handy shape flashcards to hang on the wall or use in shape games
- Drive your hot wheels on these Road Shapes Mats to learn your preschool shapes while having FUN!
- Free Shape Matching Wheel Activity
- Free printable shape activity for preschoolers with popsicle sticks, trace the shape word, and identify the shapes
- Shape Buddy Preschool Shape Activities and Crafts
The following activities help kids work on grouping similar shapes together:
- Super cute, hands-on Spider Shape Sorting Mats
- Penguin Shape Sorting Activity for kids
- Sort the fall leaves with this Free Printable Leaf Activities for Kindergarten
- Balloon Shape Matching Activity
- Happy Pumpkin Shape Matching Game for October
- Popsicle Shape Sorting is a fun, engaging Summer Preschool Activities
- Shape Activities for toddlers with printable cards and popsicle sticks
Kids learn best when they are having FUN! Try one of these fun shape games that are completely FREE!
- Match real world objects with their correct shapes in this super cute, fun Shape BINGO Game
- Play this Free Shape Games with a printable gameboard
- Work on shapes with this Groundhog day activities for preschoolers
- Plant a Pumpkin Patch with this fun Pumpkin Shape Matching Game
- Free Tanagram Shapes Printable
- Work on learning shapes with this free Christmas Preschool Activities
- Fish themed, free pritnable Shape Matching Game
- Head out on a Shape Scavenger Hunt with our printable shape flashcards
- Do you want to build a snowman? Build a shape Snowman activities for preschoolers
- FREE Shape Pattern Block Printables
Shape Playdough Mats
Young kids learn best by doing and getting their hands involved! These shape playdough activities are a great way to not only learn shapes, but strengthen hand muscles too!
- Super cute Monster Playdough mats for making shapes and learning shape names
- Happy Pumpkin Playdough Mats for working on forming shapes
- Trace & Erase or build with playdough Shape Activities for Preschoolers
- Build a pretty spring flower while practicing making preschool shapes with these cute Flower Playdough Mats
- Make a shape carrot out of playdough in this Spring Preschool Activity
- Spring Rainbow themed 2D Shape Playdough Mats
- Build some Shape Chocolates with this free printable valentine activities for preschoolers
- Ready for some summer fun? Build some delious Ice Cream Shapes with this fun ice cream preschool activities
- Plus, don’t miss these fun shape books for kids or these free printable shape scavenger hunts
Preschool Shapes Worksheets
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
Leave a Reply