These adorable shape buddies are a fun way to help early learners work on shape recognition while having fun! This shape craft for preschoolers allows toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age kids work on shape matching. They will also work on color recognition at the same time as they complete this shape craft activity. So grab some constrution paper, googly eyes, scissors, and you are ready to try this preschool shape activities and crafts!
Shape Craft for Preschoolers
We love making learning fun with shapes preschool crafts. For toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners helping them to learn important things like shapes, colors, numbers, and letters should be done in a gentle, fun way. This adorable shape craft for preschoolers lets kids make cute little shape characters while learning about common shapes like circle, square, triangle, rectangle, heart, and more. Plus you will love that this shape craft activity for preschool usese simle supplies. We love paper crafts because we don’t have to get any fancy supplies!
Shape Craft Activity
Like we mentioned, this craft can be done with a few simple materials you already have at home:
- construction paper – white and any colors your child like
- glue or tape
- google eyes
Shapes Preschool Crafts
If you have a kindergartner that is working on cutting, they can do the cutting for you. If not, I highly recommend you do the cutting ahead of time as little children are not known for their patience.
To work on shape recognition and color recognition I mad the shape buddie in all one color, but you could certainly mix and match it for a colorful friene. I cut out the following:
- Blue Circle – large 4″ circle, 2 small 2″ circle, and 2 extra small 1″ circles
- Yellow diamond – large, 2 small, and 2 x- small
- Green square – large, 2 small, and 2 x- small
- Red triangle – llarge, 2 small, and 2 x- small
- Orange trapezoid – large, 2 small, and 2 x- small
- Purple octagon – large, 2 small, and 2 x- small
- White arms and legs – two 4″ strips for arms and two 6″ strips for legs per shape
Preschool Shape Activities and Crafts
To make the shape man children will find all the matching shapes. They will also fold the white strips back and forth accordina style.
Shape Craft for Toddlers
Children will use tape or stick glue to affix the x-small shape to the shorter arms and then to the body. Next kids will affix the small shapes to the longer legs an also to the main body.
Affix two googly eyes (or one if they are silly shape monsters).
Use a marker to make a nose and mouth if you like.
Shapes Craft Activity for Preschool
How cute are these shape fitures! Not only will kids get lots of practice identifying, matching, and working with shapes, but they will have fun TOO!
Looking for more fun shape printables and ways to help kids learn about shapes? You will love these free shape printables:
- Preschool Shapes Worksheets
- Teaching Shapes to Preschoolers with Pirate Printable Reader
- Monster Preschool Shapes Playdough mats
- FREE Shape Pattern Block Printables
- Chocolate Shape Mats
- Free Printable Shape Flashcards
- Build a Snowman – Free Printable Shape Puzzles
- Popsicle Shape Sorting Mats
- Pumpkin Shape Matching
- Penguin Shape Sorting Activity
- Trace & Erase Shape Activities for Preschoolers
- Pumpkin Shape Mats
- Leaf Shapes for Kids
- Trace the Shape
- Free Printable Shape Scavenger Hunt for kids
Shape Activity for Preschoolers
- Shape Scavenger Hunt
- Free Shape Matching Wheel Activity
- Shape Buddy Preschool Shape Activities and Crafts
- Free Printable Shapes Worksheets
- Cut and Paste Shapes Printable
- Shape Constellation Flashlight Printable
- Free Shape Puzzles Printable
- Shape Do a Dot Printables
- Free Printable Road Shapes
- Free Shape Bingo Game
- Shape Playdough Mats
- Free Shape Games
- Flower Shape Mats
- Ice Cream Shape Mats
- Flower Shape Math Craft
- Carrot Shape Mats
Looking for more fun pasta projects you can make with your colored pasta? Try these
- Cute Pasta Animal Crafts for Kids with free printable templates
- How to Dye Pasta the quick and easy way!
- EASY Stained Glass Pasta Art for Kids
- Mosaic Pasta Crafts for Kids
- Dandelion Pasta Craft for Preschoolers
- Cute Bowtie Pasta Butterfly Craft for Kids
- Lacing Flower Craft Printable mothers day cards to color pdf
- 10+ Pasta Flower Crafts for Kids
Looking for more outdoor activities for kids and things to do in the summer? Your toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and elementary age kids will love these fun ideas to keep them busy all summer long:
- Marshmallow Shooters – go over 30 feet!
- Gorgeous Butterfly Shaving Cream Craft
- 2 ingredient Easy Slime Recipe
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – it’s super EASY!
- Kids will no nuts over this simple Pop Rock Experiment
- Handprint Strawberry Craft for Summer
- Grow Your Own Crystals
- Water Balloon Experiment – exploring densit with an EPIC summer activity for kids
- Amazing Bubble Painting
- Mind Blowing Color Changing Playdough
Summer Activities for Kids
- Egg Shell DIY Chia Pet Craft – Silly Spring / Summer Activities for Kids
- Grass Head Craft for Kids
- Blow GIANT bubbles with this Homemade Bubble Solution
- Outrageously FUN Bubble Painting
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Fireworks Craft
- Beautiful Flower Suncatcher Craft
- 30 Fun June Crafts for Kids
- Must try Lego Zipline
- Exploding Watermelon Science Experiment
- Homemade Chalk Recipe
- 75+ FUN Scavenger Hunts for Kids
- Find activities by month with our June Crafts for kids or our June Activities for Kids!
Fun Summer Activities for Kids
- Ice Cream Edible Playdough
- Whip up a batch of Kool Aid Playdough – it smells amazing!
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket Science Experiment for Kids
- Summer Bucket List Printable with Ice Cream Theme
- How to Make Ice Cream in a Bag
- Ice Cream Playdough Patterns
- Head to the zoo with this FREE Zoo Scavenger Hunt – lots of choices for all ages!
- Make your favorite animal with one of these 100 animal crafts
- Try one of these fun Animal I Spy Printables
- Play with your food using this goldfish counting activity
- After seeing the frogs at the pond, grab this free life cycle of a frog worksheet
- Avoid the summer learning loss by practicing math with these crack the code worksheets
- First Day of Summer Craft
- Create this gorgeous stained glass art for kids
- 107 Epic Summer Activities for Kids