So many super cute flower crafts for kids using various different pasta noodles. These pasta crafts make beautiful and creative flower art for kids. We have so many flower craft ideas for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade and more to make as summer crafts for kids. From bowtie hibiscus to penne sunflowers, orecchiette pasta gladiolus to rotini asters, stellini hyacinth to castelane tulips – we have so many fun, easy flower crafts.
Whether you are doing a plant study, flower theme, or just looking to make some pretty flower crafts for kids – their are so many different pasta flower projects for you to make. These pasta crafts allow kids to explore over 6 types of common flowers using different pasta noodles to create stunning effects! Try these flower art projects with your toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students.
Flower Crafts for Kids
All you need to complete these simple flower crafts are a few materials you may already have on hand:
- white paper – we used construction paper to give support to the pasta
- colored pasta noodles (you can see how to dye pasta here)
- glue (we used white emlers school glue, but you can use a hot glue gun with adult supervision)
- pom poms
- construction paper
- markers for finishing touches
The first flower we made was a pretty red hibiscus craft. We started by breaking the bowtie pasta in half and then colored it red. We glued the bow tie pasta halves to make a cricle on the upper part of our paper. In the middle we put a half of penne pasta. We drew a simple stme out of a green marker from the flower to the bottom of the page and added a couple shell pasta leaves. These could be dyed green, but we left them for some contrast. Make one or a whoe field of hibiscus flower craft.
To make this pretty, cheery sunflower craft we used penne pasta. It is pretty much the right color to start with so you can leave it yellow or dye it orange or red like some other sunflower varieties. Glue the penne in a circle, leaving room for a jumbo size brown or black pom pom in the middle. Once again, we made a green stem with a magic marker and added shell leaves. I love the contrast of the huge sunflower and the tiny leaves to give it some cool perspective.
Easy Flower Craft
This pretty gladiolus craft is one of my favorites! We started by drawing a green stem in the middle of the page from the bottom of the sheet up 2/3 of the paper. Now we attached dyed orecchiette pasta with glue one at the top facing up and then 5 rows with one on each side of the stem. To finish it out we attached some green construction paper strips for leaves. Now we added a small pom pom to each shell pasta and affixed it with glue.
Gladiolus come in lots of colors from white, yellow, orange, pink, red, purple, and cream. The insides are usually slightly darker than the leaves, but some add a second color like we made above.
This pretty aster craft tends to be the flower we think of when we think of a generalized flower look. We once again made a green stem with marker and some green leaves with our marker while we had it out. Then we attached dyed rotiini pasta making pretty rays coming out of a medium-sized pompom in the middle.
Flower Art for Kids
I just love how this pretty hyacinth craft turned out with it’s delicate little flower all bunched together to make one impressive, sweet smelling, spring flower! These spring flower bulbs are one of my favorite and they come in a variety of colors, but we tend to think of them mostly as pink and purple.
We made our spring flower craft with colored Stelline pasta to make a coral pink hyacinth. We used green construction paper to make the stem and then glued all the teeny, tiny star pastas nice and close to form one impressive stalk. We finished it off by glueing green leaves in front of the flower, just like the pretty hyacinth flowers you will find in nature.
- Stunning Lacing Flower Craft
- Happy Egg Carton Flowers Craft for Kids
- Beautiful Chromatography for Kids Flower Project
- Pasta in clay Flower Crafts
- Grow Crystals Flower Experiment
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Pretty Cherry Blossom Craft for SpringFun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- Pretty red poppy craft
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Purple Hollyhock Tissue Paper Flowers Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Zinnia Fingerprint Flower Craft
- Hyacinth Flower Craft
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Grow Your own Crystal Flower Science
- White Dandelion Craft for Preschoolers
- 10+ Pasta Flower Crafts for Kids
- Beautiful Painted Flower Craft Preschool
- Delphinium Egg Carton Flowers Craft for Kids
Looking for more outdoor activities for kids and things to do in the summer? Your toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and elementary age kids will love these fun ideas to keep them busy all summer long:
- Marshmallow Shooters – go over 30 feet!
- 2 ingredient Easy Slime Recipe
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – it’s super EASY!
- Kids will no nuts over this simple Pop Rock Experiment
- Handprint Strawberry Craft for Summer
- Grow Your Own Crystals
- Water Balloon Experiment – exploring densit with an EPIC summer activity for kids
- Amazing Bubble Painting
- Mind Blowing Color Changing Playdough
Summer Activities for Kids
- Egg Shell DIY Chia Pet Craft – Silly Spring / Summer Activities for Kids
- Grass Head Craft for Kids
- EASY Stained Glass Pasta Art for Kids
- Printable Flower Activity for Kids Scavenger Hunt
- Blow GIANT bubbles with this Homemade Bubble Solution
- Outrageously FUN Bubble Painting
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Fireworks Craft
- Beautiful Flower Suncatcher Craft
- 30 Fun June Crafts for Kids
- Must try Lego Zipline
- Exploding Watermelon Science Experiment
- Homemade Chalk Recipe
- 75+ FUN Scavenger Hunts for Kids
- Find activities by month with our June Crafts for kids or our June Activities for Kids!
Fun Summer Activities for Kids
- Ice Cream Edible Playdough
- Whip up a batch of Kool Aid Playdough – it smells amazing!
- I Spy DIY Bottles are quick, easy and FUN!
- Amazing Tin Foil Art Project for Kids of all Ages
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket Science Experiment for Kids
- Summer Bucket List Printable with Ice Cream Theme
- How to Make Ice Cream in a Bag
- Ice Cream Playdough Patterns
- Head to the zoo with this FREE Zoo Scavenger Hunt – lots of choices for all ages!
- Make your favorite animal with one of these 100 animal crafts
- Try one of these fun Animal I Spy Printables
- Epic Squirt Gun Painting
- Play with your food using this goldfish counting activity
- After seeing the frogs at the pond, grab this free life cycle of a frog worksheet
- Avoid the summer learning loss by practicing math with these crack the code worksheets
- First Day of Summer Craft
- Create this gorgeous stained glass art for kids
- 107 Epic Summer Activities for Kids