Kids are going to flip over this amazing edible playdough recipe that they can shape to look just like ice cream cones!
Ice Cream Theme Ideas
- Practice Counting to 10 with these Printable Count to 10 Ice Cream Craft or these Ice cream Counting Cards.
- Count to 20 with Ice Cream Sundae Counting Mats
- Ice Cream Place Value Cards or these build your own place value sundae activity!
- Use playdough with these hands-on Ice Cream Addition Task Cards
- Kids will have fun practicing shapes and patterns using playdough with these free printable activities.
- Practice writing letters with. Ice Cream Cone Letter Tracing or these Alphabet Tracing Popsicles.
- Kids will have fun building sentences and practicing reading as they make their own Ice Cream Reader. Or practice adding word endings with this hands-on Ice Cream Word Endings activity for 1st-2nd graders.
This funfetti playdough recipe couldn’t be any easier! Mix together 1/2 can of funfetti frosting and 2 cups of powdered sugar. If it is too dry, add in a spoonful more frosting. If it is too sticky, add a little powdered sugar. We like to make 1/2 batches so we can make several different colors. The extra frosting is great for an impromptu batch of cupcakes 😉
HINT: If you are looking for a big batch you mix one can Funfetti frosting with 4 cups powdered sugar.
We like to use an ice cream scoop to scoop up this amazing frosting playdough. It scoops just like real ice cream!
Just because we use an ice cream scoop doesn’t mean you can’t use your hands. This 2 ingredient playdough recipe is non-sticky and easy to play with and mold.
My kids weren’t sure it was going to “feel” like playdough, but it does!
Now it’s time to scoop your ice cream playdough onto cones and bring on the sprinkles!
Easy Playdough Recipe
This ice cream playdough is so good you can eat it…. and lucky for your toddler, preschool, kindergarten, and elementary age kiddo – they can literally eat it as it is edible!
Not that I’m advising they eat it all as that would be a LOT of sugar. You still need to use some common sense 😉
My kids thought it was hilarious when I made it look like the ice cream play dough was spilling
Ice Cream Playdough
We like making several batches of the edible playdough so the kids can play ice cream shop. Kids will love scooping the strawberry, blueberry, melon, chocolate, vanilla, etc. ice cream. The skies the limit as far as flavors. Plus the kids can mix colors to create a new flavor.
You will be blown away by how much this playdough recipe really scoops, looks, and feels like ice cream! Chill it slightly to make it feel cold like ice cream too!
Kids will have fun scooping this edible play dough as a fun summer activity. Challenge them to see how many scoops they can fit on the cone before it falls off.
I know your family will love this easy playdough recipe! It is perfect on its own as a summer activity, to add to your summer bucket list, or for an Ice Cream Theme.
More Summer Kids Activities
Watermelon Explosion is not only ridiculously fun, but will teach kids about potential and kinetic energy too! This Amazing Bubble Artwork Project is as fun to make as it is beautiful! Slime is always a fun kids activity and our 2 ingredient WOW Slime is the best slime recipe you will ever try!
This easy-to-make Silly Grass Craft for Kids is sure to be a hit with kids of all ages. You will love the fun technique and striking finished results in our Bleeding Tissue Paper Fireworks Craft. Make science come alive with this colorful and easy Polymer Chemistry Experiment.
Free Playdough Mats
Looking for more fun, free printable playdough mats? You will love these:
- Transportation Playdough mats
- Shape Activities for Preschoolers
- Birthday Cake Activity for Preschool
- Animal Playdough mats
- Emotion Playdough mats
- Thanksgiving Playdough Mats
- Musical Instruments for Kids Playdough Mats
- Fall Playdough Mats
- Apple Playdough Mats
- Ice Cream Playdough Patterns
- Spider Activities for Preschoolers
- Alphabet Playdough Mats
- Peeps Playdough
- Human Body for Kids Playdough Mats
- Color Changing Playdough
- Number Playdough Mats
- Kool Aid Playdough
- Watermelon Seed Counting Playdough Mats
- Monster Shape Playdough Mats
- Tracing letters a-z
- Birthday Cake Printable Playdough mats
- Kids Counting Castle Playdough Mats
- Ice Cream Playdough
- Alphabet Playdough Mats
- ***Don’t miss our MANY free play doh mat printables
Ice Cream Printables
If you are looking for more ice cream activities to add to your ice cream theme of summer learning, check these out!
- AMAZING, Edible Play Doh Ice Cream Recipe that scoops like ice creaam!
- Ice Cream Themed, Summer Bucket List Ideas
- Work on tracing letter with these free printable Ice Cream Alphabet
- Delicious Ice Cream Alphabet Puzzles to help kids practice matching upper and lowercase letters
- Plus check out these Ice Cream Alpabet Playdough Mats
- Practice adding to to with these cute Ice Cream Make 10 Game
- Cute, Hands-on Ice Cream Number Bonds Practice
- Printable Digraph Activity scooping Ice Cream
- Ice Cream Compound Words Activity
- FUN Ice Cream Place Value Activity fo kindergarten and first graders
- Or scoop a sunday with this Place Value Activity for grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students
- Cut and paste sentences with this Sentence Scrambles to make your own Ice Cream Reader for pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students
- Practice adding Ice Cream scoop endings to words with this suffixes activity
- Color Matching Ice Cream Activity
- TONS of cute Ice Cream Craft Preschool
- Simple Ice Cream Coloring Pages
- Fun and EASY How to Make your own Ice Cream in a Bag
- Try our delicious and EASY homemade vanilla ice cream
- Or whip up some ice cream this winter with this outrageously fun and super YUMMY How to Make Snow Ice Cream
- Practice Addition with this Ice Cream Math task cards using playdough!
- Cute Ice Cream I Spy Worksheet
- Make practicing math fun with these fun Ice Cream Math Worksheets
- Simple Ice Cream craft using washi tape for toddlers, preschoolers and kindergartners.
- Fun-to-Make, Printable Ice Cream Math Craft
- Count to 20 as you Build your Ice Cream Math Sundae
- Scoop up Ice Cream Counting Printable
- Ice Cream Math Game Book Based Activity for Kindergartners
- I is for Ice Cream handart project for kids
- Practice completing patterns with this FUN Ice Cream Pattern Printable
- Fun Ice Cream themed Shape Playdough Mats
Looking for more fun ways to learn this summer with popsicle themed activities? You will love these free printables:
- Summer activities for preschoolers making Popsicle Alphabet Puzzles
- Ice Cream Division Puzzles make practicing math FUN
- Popsicle Count to 10 clip cards are a fun, educational Summer Activities for Preschoolers
- Trace the Letters on the Alphabet Popsicles in this Summer Activity for Preschoolers
- Work on Number Sense with these Counting Summer Activity for Preschool Puzzles
- 2 ingredient Gummy Bear Popsicles are so COLORFUL and EASY!