Kids are going to flip over this amazing ice cream play doh that is not only an EASY edible playdough, but they can shape to look just like ice cream cones! This super cool ice cream play dough is the perfect summer activity for kids from toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd graders too. This play dough ice cream truly has the most incredible feel and is outrageously fun!
Ice cream play doh
We love whipping up a batch of this amazing ice cream play doh that not only scoops and molds like real ice cream, but this ice cream play dough is completely EDIBLE too! This summer playdough recipe is such a fun ice cream activities for preschoolers, toddlers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students. Use this as a summer activity for kids as an idea for your summer bucket list or ice cream theme. Plus this incredible play doh ice cream is quick and easy to make in under 5 minutes! There are lots of colors and flavors of play-doh ice cream to make to set-up your own ice cream shop pretend play at home!
Ice cream play dough
This funfetti playdough recipe couldn’t be any easier! Mix together 1/2 can of funfetti frosting and 2 cups of powdered sugar. If it is too dry, add in a spoonful more frosting. If it is too sticky, add a little powdered sugar. We like to make 1/2 batches so we can make several different colors. The extra frosting is great for an impromptu batch of cupcakes 😉
HINT: If you are looking for a big batch you mix one can Funfetti frosting with 4 cups powdered sugar.
Play doh ice cream
We like to use an ice cream scoop to scoop up this amazing frosting playdough. It scoops just like real ice cream!
Play dough ice cream
Just because we use an ice cream scoop doesn’t mean you can’t use your hands. This 2 ingredient playdough recipe is non-sticky and easy to play with and mold.
My kids weren’t sure it was going to “feel” like playdough, but it does!
Play-doh ice cream
Now it’s time to scoop your ice cream playdough onto cones and bring on the sprinkles!
This ice cream playdough is so good you can eat it…. and lucky for your toddler, preschool, kindergarten, and elementary age kiddo – they can literally eat it as it is edible!
Not that I’m advising they eat it all as that would be a LOT of sugar. You still need to use some common sense 😉
Playdough ice cream
My kids thought it was hilarious when I made it look like the ice cream play dough was spilling
Playdoh ice cream
We like making several batches of the edible playdough so the kids can play ice cream shop. Kids will love scooping the strawberry, blueberry, melon, chocolate, vanilla, etc. ice cream. The skies the limit as far as flavors. Plus the kids can mix colors to create a new flavor.
Play dough ice cream flavor
You will be blown away by how much this playdough recipe really scoops, looks, and feels like ice cream! Chill it slightly to make it feel cold like ice cream too!
Kids will have fun scooping this edible play dough as a fun summer activity. Challenge them to see how many scoops they can fit on the cone before it falls off.
I know your family will love this easy playdough recipe! It is perfect on its own as a summer activity, to add to your summer bucket list, or for an Ice Cream Theme.
Ice Cream Activities
If you are looking for more ice cream activities to add to your ice cream theme of summer learning, check these out!
- AMAZING, Edible Play doh ice cream Recipe that scoops like ice creaam!
- Ice Cream Themed, Summer Bucket List Ideas
- Work on tracing letter with these free Alphabet Ice Cream Printables
- Delicious Alphabet Ice Cream Printables Puzzles to help kids practice matching upper and lowercase letters
- Check out these Alphabet Mats for your Ice Cream Theme
- Practice adding to to with these cute Make 10 Ice Cream Math
- Cute, Hands-on Number Bonds Ice Cream Activity
- Printable Digraph Activities for first grade scooping Ice Cream
- Ice Cream Compound Word Activity
Ice Cream Theme
- FUN Ice Cream Place Value Kindergarten Activity
- Or scoop a sunday with this Place Value Activity for grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students
- Cut and paste sentences with this Sentence Scrambles to make your own Ice Cream Reader for pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students
- Practice adding Ice Cream scoop endings to words with this word endings activities
- Color Matching Activity for your Ice Cream Theme
- Simple Ice Cream Coloring Pages
- Fun and EASY How to Make Ice Cream in a Bag
- Try our delicious and EASY How to make homemade ice cream
- Practice Addition with this Ice Cream Math task cards using playdough!
Ice Cream Printables
- TONS of cute Ice Cream Craft Preschool
- Cute I Spy ice cream games for kids
- Make practicing math fun with these fun Ice Cream Math Worksheets
- Simple Ice Cream craft using washi tape for toddlers, preschoolers and kindergartners.
- Fun-to-Make, Printable Ice Cream Math Craft
- Count to 20 as you Build your Ice Cream Math Sundae
- Scoop up Ice Cream Counting Printable
- Ice Cream Math Game Book Based Activity for Kindergartners
- I is for Ice Cream handart project for kids
- Practice completing patterns with this FUN Ice Cream pattern activity for preschoolers
- Hands-on Ice Cream Shapes Playdough Mats
Free Playdough Mats
Looking for more fun, free printable playdough mats? You will love these:
- Interactive Alphabet Playodugh Mats with finish the picture
- Simple Alphabet Playdough Mats with tracing lines
- Roll & Smash Pre-k Math Playdough Subtraction Activities
- Fun Transportation Playdough mats (train, bus, rocket, airplane, boat, and more!)
- Roll & Smash Playdough Subtraction Activity for Kindergarten
- Free Shape Playdough Mats
- Preschool Shape Worksheets with playdoh
- Finish the scene Playdough Number Mats (featured above)
- Build a Playdough Birthday Cake Activity for Preschool
- Pet Animal Playdough mats (bird, turtle, fish, bunny, cat, lizzard, dog, snake, etc.)
- Free Printable Emotion Playdough mats
- Thanksgiving Playdough Mats featuring yummy thanksgiving favorite foods!
- Playdough Musical Activities for Kids
- Free Playdough Letter Mats
- Fall Playdough Mats (build a sunflower, leaf, acron, pumpkin, rake, hay, etc)
- Count to 10 Apple Playdough Mats
- FREE Ice Cream Pattern Printable
- Spider Math Activities for Preschoolers withPlay dogh
- Free Printable Human Body Playdough Mats
- Telling Time Activity with Playdough
- Grilling on a Ten Frame Summer Printable Playdough Mats
- Watermelon Seed Counting Playdough Mats
- Monster Shape Playdough Mats
- Uppercase Letter Tracing with playdough
- Birthday Cake Activity for Preschool Counting candles Playdough mats
- Sandcastle Activity Playdough Mat
- Over 100 Playdough Mats to print and play (plus more free printable playdough mats on our sister site)
Playdough Activities for Kids
Looking for some amazing playdough recipes to try? Check out these easy play doh recipes!
- Color Changing Playdough
- Kool Aid Playdough
- Incredible, Edible Ice Cream Play doh
- Quick, Edible Peeps Playdough
- Hot Chocolate playdough
- Easy 2 Ingredient Play Dough Recipe
- Simple Candy Corn Playdough – play and EAT!
- Super Soft Conditioner Playdough
Looking for more outdoor activities for kids and things to do in the summer? Your toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and elementary age kids will love these fun ideas to keep them busy all summer long:
- Marshmallow Shooters – go over 30 feet!
- 2 ingredient Easy Slime Recipe
- Super Simple Sand Slime
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – it’s super EASY!
- Kids will no nuts over this simple Pop Rock Experiment
- Easy Button Crafts for Kids
- Handprint Strawberry Craft for Summer
- Grow Your Own Crystals
- Water Balloon Experiment – exploring densit with an EPIC summer activity for kids
- Amazing Bubble Painting
- Mind Blowing Color Changing Playdough
Summer Activities for Kids
- Egg Shell DIY Chia Pet Craft – Silly Spring / Summer Activities for Kids
- Grass Head Craft for Kids
- EASY Stained Glass Pasta Art for Kids
- Simple Flower Mason Jar Lid Crafts
- Free Beach Worksheets for Kids
- Chromatography Butterflies – EASY Butterfly Craft for Kids
- Silly Bandaid Art Craft for kids
- Blow GIANT bubbles with this Homemade Bubble Solution
- Outrageously FUN Bubble Painting
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Fireworks Craft
- Beautiful Flower Suncatcher Craft
- 30 Fun June Crafts for Kids
- Must try Lego Zipline
- Exploding Watermelon Science Experiment
- Homemade Chalk Recipe
- 75+ FUN Scavenger Hunts for Kids
- Find activities by month with our June Crafts for kids or our June Activities for Kids!
- 20+ Printable Roadtrip Games
Fun Summer Activities for Kids
- Ice Cream Edible Playdough
- Whip up a batch of Kool Aid Playdough – it smells amazing!
- EASY, Vibrant Sidewalk Chalk Paint for Kids
- I Spy DIY Bottles are quick, easy and FUN!
- Amazing Tin Foil Art Project for Kids of all Ages
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket Science Experiment for Kids
- Summer Bucket List Printable with Ice Cream Theme
- How to Make Ice Cream in a Bag
- Ice Cream Playdough Patterns
- Head to the zoo with this FREE Zoo Scavenger Hunt – lots of choices for all ages!
- Make your favorite animal with one of these 100 animal crafts
- Try one of these fun Animal I Spy Printables
- Epic Squirt Gun Painting
- 10+ Pasta Flower Crafts for Kids
- Play with your food using this goldfish counting activity
- After seeing the frogs at the pond, grab this free life cycle of a frog worksheet
- Avoid the summer learning loss by practicing math with these crack the code worksheets
- First Day of Summer Craft
- Create this gorgeous stained glass art for kids
- 107 Epic Summer Activities for Kids
Balloon Craft Ideas
Looking for more fun ways to play with balloons this summer?
- 25+ Water Balloon Games for Kids
- Drop & Paint – Water Balloon Painting Activity
- Roll & Paint – Outrageously FUN Balloon Painting Activity for Kids
- Balloon Paint Art Project for Toddlers and Preschoolers
- Learning the Notes on a Staff with a FUN Music Activity for Kids
- Epic Ideas for Water Balloon Painting