Summer is right around the corner, and I’ve been thinking about all things ocean! So today we have the cutest little octopus craft to share with you. It’s made using a cupcake liner and is a simple craft to make to go along with ocean themes. This octopus craft preschool is the perfect ocean craft for kids from toddler, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd graders too. So if you are looking for a simple octopus craft ideas – you will love this paper octopus craft!
Cupcake liner octopus
I don’t know about you, but somehow I always end up with extra cupcake liners in my kitchen. Sometimes, I grab them when they are on sale and forget I have them. So on a whim I decided we needed to do a craft to use some up, and I think this little cupcake liner octopus turned out super cute! Make this easy octopus craft for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 2 students. THis is such a fun Octopus craft ideas using common things you already have on home. Use it for a letter o craft, o is for octopus craft, ocean craft for preschoolers, ocean theme activity, or just a fun playful craft to make today!
Octopus cupcake liner craft
This easy octopus craft for kids is simple to make with just a few materials you probably already have laying around your house:
- cupcake liners
- construction paper
- googly eyes
- glue stick
*Note: A glue stick should be used for this craft instead of school glue, because school glue makes the cupcake liner too wet.
Cupcake liner octopus craft
First, cut eight strips of colored construction paper. Our strips were about six inches long.
Next, curl the ends of all of the strips of paper. To do this, we used a pencil and wrap the ends of the paper around it, about halfway up. You cal also use a paper, craft stick, marker, etc. to help curl the paper.
Cupcake octopus craft
Bend the flat ends of the curled paper strips inward. This will make the octopus legs stick out nicely after being glued to the cupcake liner.
Glue the ends of the paper strips around the edges of the cupcake liner and continue all the way around as shown below.
Make an Octopus Craft
Now it’s time to make a face! Attach googly eyes using a glue stick.
Next, use a marker to draw a mouth on the octopus.
Octopus art and craft
And that’s it for our easy octopus craft.
These also look very cute hanging from the ceiling to make them look like they are swimming! Just attach string from the top center and you’ll a very cute decoration for an ocean or under-the-sea theme.
Ocean Activities for Kids
Looking for more ocean activities for kids? You will love these clever, free resources and ideas:
- Ocean Color by Number Printable
- 50 Amazing Ocean Crafts for Kids
- Build an Ocean Scene with this fun Fractions Activity
- Simple Under the Sea Coloring Pages
- Pearl Color Matching Ganes
- Try this Watercolor and Crayon Ocean Craft
- Breeding Guppies – an outrageously FUN Fish Science Experiments
- Read and Dab Kindergarten Sight Word Worksheets pdf
- Ocean Animal Counting and Trace Do a Dot Printables
- Alphabet Go Fish Game
- Color Matching Octopus Activity for kids
- Cute Hands & Feet Lobster Craft
- Shell Letter Matching Ocean Activities for Preschoolers
- Sharks for Kids Reader
- Sea Turtles for Kids Reader
- Free Printable Whale Writing Prompts
- All About Fish Printable Reader
- Ocean Counting Clip Cards
- Cupcake Liner Octopus Craft
- O is for Ocean Weekly Theme for Prek / K
- Tons of ideas for a weeks worth of fun learning with an Ocean Theme
- Cute One Fish Two Fish Pdf
- Ocean Printable Multiplication Game
- Fun to play with Ocean Slime
- FREE Ocean Coloring Pages
- Cut and Paste Fish Craft
- Printable Crab Contraction Ocean Activity for Kids
- Kid favorite Goldfish Printable Counting Activity
- Goldfish Subtraction Games for Kindergarten
- Sand Volcano – EASY Summer Science Experiment for Kids
- Disolving Seashell Activities – a Summer Science Experiment
- Super Simple Sand Slime
- Crack the Code Worksheets with ocean themed pages
- Under the Sea Lego Challenge Printables
- 50+ pages of Ocean Worksheets for practicing math and litearcy with pre-k, kindergarten, and first graders
- Sandcastle Subtraction Craft
- Fun Sandcastle Letter Matching – Summer Activities for Kindergarten
- Hands-on Sandcastle Colour Matching Activities
- Sandcastle Letter tracing Summer Activity for Preschoolers
- Count and Trace Numbers 1-10 Sandcastle Summer Activities for Preschoolers
- Sandcastle Number Playdough Mats to count and trace
- Summer STEAM – Sandcastle engineering with tp rolls
- Ice Cream Sandcastle Summer Snack Idea
- Sand Bucket & Shovel Letter Matching – Summer Activities for Kindergarten
- Beach Summer Experiment with a Density Tower
- Free Beach Worksheets for Preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1
Don’t miss the other animal studies we’ve created!
- Discover All About Whales Worksheets pdf
- All About Pinnipeds – seals, sea lions, walrus life cycle, and more
- Learn About Herps – sea turtle worksheets, sea snakes, aquatic frogs, toads, salamander, and more!
- All About Fish, Sharks, and Rays
- Get to know Mollusks, Cephalopods, & Crustaceans for Kids (crabs, lobsters, octopus, bivalves, clams)
- All About Echinoderms and Cnidarians (Jellyfish, Sea Stars, Sand Dollars, Coral)
- Huge Ocean Animals for Kids Unit (250+ pages)
- Celebrate the letter of the week with these adorable, Free Alphabet Hats
- Make learning fun with these free cut and paste worksheets
- Plus don’t miss this outrageously fun Human Body Project
- We have lots of themed worksheets like these super cute Frozen preschool worksheets
- Color, Read and Learn your letters with this printable alphabet book pdf for each letter A to Z
- Make science FUN for kids of all ages with over 100 Food Experiments to try
- Teach kids to tell time with this huge pack of printable time puzzles
Plus don’t miss these popular posts from our sister sites:
- Shaped Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets
- Lots of cute, themed Free Kindergarten Worksheets
- Bingo Dauber Printables
- Printable Lowercase letter alphabet crafts
- Printable Uppercase alphabet Letter Crafts
- Cute Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Letter Recognition Worksheets with do a do markers
- Lots of free ABC Printables for preschoolers
- Free Playdough Mats to work on shapes, numbers, colors, alphabet letters, and more!
- Uppercase Letter Tracing with animal alphabet mats