Are your kids fascinated by sea turtles? These large, graceful reptiles are truly amazing! Learn lots of facts about sea turtles for kids in these free printable sea turtle readers filled with lots of information, facts, and the Sea turtles life cycle. Download pdf file and print so children can color, read, and learn about the life cycle of a turtle. This is a great science printable for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students.
Sea Turtle for Kids
Living in almost every ocean in the world, migrating long distances to feed, and with all seven species threatened or endangered, learning about sea turtles is a great topic for children. It is also a great way to bring in how we can care for species that are on the verge of disappearing from our world altogether. One way to introduce children to the life cycle of a sea turtle is with this low-prep Sea Turtle Reader.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this low-prep activity for helping students learn about these gorgeous creatures. One of the easiest ways to help kids learn and remember is to have them read and study the animal. This reader is a great introduction on the life cycle of a sea turtle and can be used as a basis for extended learning.
Sea turtles life cycle
In this pack, you will find one page for each part of the life cycle of a turtle as well as a couple of pages about sea turtles facts
- the eggs being laid
- the eggs hatching
- the baby turtle emerging
- the baby sea turtles trip off the beach
- adult sea turtles
- sea turtles are reptiles
- sea turtles live in the ocean.
This reader is very easy to prepare; just download, print and cut the pages in half before stapling together to create the book. These pages are all in black and white which allows children to get creative when they have completed the writing activities on the page.
Sea Turtles Worksheet
After children read the book, they can trace the part of the life cycle and then color in the pictures of the sea turtle coloring pages. They could also use these books for copywork as well as for creating a project on sea turtles, researching ways that humans can help save these creatures.
Once they have completed all the worksheets, they could create a cover page and staple or bind the pages together to make a book.
Don’t miss our sea turtles lesson with printable text filled with fascinating information, sea turtle crafts, sea turtle life cycle worksheets, sea turtle flashcards, information about other herps, and so much more!
Ocean Activities for Kids
Looking for more ocean activities for kids? You will love these clever, free resources and ideas:
- Ocean Color by Number Worksheets
- Build an Ocean Scene with this fun Fractions Activity
- Ocean Simple Coloring Pages
- Pearl Color Matching activity
- Try this Watercolor and Crayon Ocean Craft
- Ocean Printable Count & Trace for prek / k
- Cupcake Liner Octopus Craft
- Ocean Life Sensory Bin
- O is for Ocean Weekly Theme for Prek / K
- Sea Turtle Life Cycle Printables
- Animal Life Cycle Printables
- Vertebrate and Invertebrate Worksheets
- Ocean Themed Alphabet Cards
- Ocean Animals Printable Pack
- Tons of ideas for a weeks worth of fun learning with an Ocean Theme
- Octopus Color Matching Craft
- 50 Amazing Ocean Crafts for Kids
Download Sea Turtle Reader
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!