Help kids learn about the chicken life cycle with these FREE printable, life cycle of a chicken worksheets. Hatch your own chicken eggs in just 21 days and keep track of the amazing changes that occur, and learn about baby chicks too. This is a fun baby chick science project for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students. Simply download life cycle of a chicken worksheet pdf and you are ready for yoru chick hatching science experiment.
Hatching eggs in the classroom worksheets
Have you ever tried hatching baby chickens? It is a really fun and educational activity to teach children about the life cycle of a chicken for kids. If you work it out with a local farmer, many will let you hatch eggs free as long as you are willing to bring back all the baby chicks (win-win!). This is a fun life cycle activity for kids from preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler hatching chickens is a fun adventure that kids will never forget. There is nothing like watching the chicks peck their way out of the shell and seeing what a day old chick looks like. It is truly the miracle of life in a way kids can watch and observe in a short 21 days! Make the most of this educational opportunity with these hatching eggs in the classroom worksheets. Kids will write down observations, note where they are in the life cycle of a chicken, learn new vocabulary, and so much more.
life cycle of a chicken worksheets
Life cycle of a chicken for kids
Did you know many farmers love helping school (preschool and homeschool too!) groups by letting them hatch their chicken eggs for free in return for bringing all the baby chicks back to the farm whent hey are several weeks old?
I am always striving to make all our fun adventures as educational as possible. So I put together this Hatching Chicks book for my kids to learn and record their egg hatching and chick observations for science class.
Chicken life cycle
Directions: Print pages front & back to make a book for each child to record their observations. The parts including in this life cycle of a chicken worksheets are:
- life cycle of chickens visual with photographs and information
- chick observation – write the day, draw an illustration, what did you observe, what questions do you have
- chicken life cycle vocabulary terms
- Additional information on chickens
- making hypothesis about the hatch
- peek inside a fertilized chicken egg labeled with embryo, albumen, air cell, etc and see the 21 day hatch cycle from within the egg
- chicks hatched graphing – garthering scientific data in the classroom
These chicken hatching books include not only information on the life of a chicken, but with worksheets to help kids reinforce what they’ve learned.
Backyard Chickens 101
Don’t miss our Backyard Chickens 101 where you can follow along our hatch, raising chicks, building a chicken coop, chickens laying eggs, and more!
- Should you get Backyard Chickens – The easiest pet you’ll have that lays you an egg most days
- FREE Hatching Baby Chicks Observation Book
- Our Disappointing Hatch
- See How Chicks Grow Week by Week
- Caring for Baby Chicks
- Picking a Chicken Coop
- Moving into the Chicken Coop
- Meet our Flocks and an (oop) Rooster
- Thinning the Flock: Chicken Butchering
- We’ve Got Eggs!
- Chickens in the Winter
- Guide to Raising Chickens by My Pet Chicken
Life Cycle Printables
Looking for more free printables to help you learn about life cycles? You will love these resources:
- Life Cycle of an Ant
- Plant Life Cycles Printable Emergent Reader and Worksheets
- Pumpkin life cycle worksheet – lots of fun activities for learning about pumpkin life cycle
- Apple life cycle printable plus worksheets for working on early literacy and math too
- Life cycle of a sunflower worksheet – fun sunflower life cycle printables
- Penguin life cycle worksheet – is a perfect addition to you winter theme!
- Turkey life cycle – is fun to learn about around Thanksgiving
- Spider life cycle worksheet is a fun way to learn about the life cycle of spiders with an insect theme or during Octoboer
- Ladybug life cycle worksheet pages perfect for spring and summer
- Chicken Hatching eggs in the classroom worksheets
- Learn about the Life Cycle of Frogs for kids and grab the life-cycle wheel
- Life cycle of a frog worksheet
- Plant life cycle worksheet or this Plant Life Cycle Printable Lift-the-Flap
- Salmon Life Cycle Worksheet pack with not only life cycle of salmon, but math and literacy activities too
- Hatching Butterflies with Life cycle of a butterfly worksheet
- Sea Turtle Printable Books to learn about their life cycles
- Learn math and literacy along with these Butterfly Life Cycle Worksheets
- Watermelon Life Cycle Printable Spinner
Looking for more animal printables to help kids learn about animals, their habitats, biomes, animal report forms, and more? Check out these free science worksheets and science animal games:
- Are you My Mother? Matching Mom & Baby Farm Animals
- Animal Homes Clip Cards
- Farm Animals and their Homes Flip Book
- Nocturnal Animal Game for Kids
- Free printable Animal Report Template for each classification
- Jello Animal Cell Project
- Animal Habitats Activity with Animal Cookies
- Silly Animals and their Habitats Activity
- Animal Habitats Worksheets to complete with circle stickers
- Biomes Coloring Pages
- Animal Cookie Matching Activity
- Turkey Life Cycle Worksheets
- Life Cycle of Salmon Worksheets
- Life Cycle of an Ant
- Ladybug Life Cycle Worksheets
- How to Hatch Butterflies with printable observation book
Download Chicken Hatching Book
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!