Play and learn about Animal Classifications for Kids with 10 different free printable Cootie Catchers! These animal classification activity is super simpl e and loads of fun for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th graders too. For this animal classification game simply print the cootie catcher template in color or black and white, fold, and have fun learning or reviewing with this fun science activity for kids!
Animal Classifications for Kids
Children love learning about animals for kids! There are so many different types of animals from big ones who live in the savannah to small ones who live in a pond. Help students learn about animal classifications for kids with this fun, hands-on animal printable. In this animal activity children wil make free printable cootie catchers to review different animal classifications as they learn how scientists sort animals by their similarities to better study amazing animals. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this fun animal classification activity for helping children learn as a supplement to your science curriculum, to create an animals unit, for a science center, summer learning, or a fun mini unit to dive deeper into something your child is naturally curious about. This animal classifiation game will help elementary age kids from preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 learn various science terms and vocabulary related along with their meaning and eight examples of each. We love making learning fun for kids!
Animal Classification Games
This is such a fun activity to play and learn with an animal classification game for kids from kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students.
Now print the pages that fit with what you are learning or what interests your child There are 20 pages in black and white or color to choose from.
Animal Classification Activity
There are various different activities to teach animal classifications to kids. But first, decide if you want to use the black and white pages and allow your child to color the animals in with crayons, markers, or colored pencils or the full color pages.
Next, you will need scissors to trim the page down to the square.
Finally, follow the directions on the 2nd page of the file to fold your cootie catcher. If you prefer, this video is helpful for quickly folding cootie catchers.
Animal Activity for Kids
Now that you’ve got the science cootie catchers, here are the cootie catchers you can make in this fun, educational activity for pre k, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 science:
- arthropods cootie catcher – beetle scarab, cabbage white moth, cat flea, scorpion, crab, mosquito, dragonfly, stick insect
- birds cootie catcher – pelican, parrot, bald eagle, owl, rooster, turkey vulture, seagull, flamingo
- fish cootie catcher – shark, marlin, picasso fish, volitan lionfish, powder blue tang, eel, clown fish, manta ray
- insect cootie catcher – termite, bumble bee, caterpillar, cockroach, grasshopper, honey ant, hornet, spider
- invertebrate cootie catcher – urchin, whelk, crawfish, centipede, jellyfish, shrimp, snail, worm
- mammal cootie catcher – whale, gorilla, bison, whelk, rabbit, walrus, skunk, bobcat, coyote
- mollusk cootie catcher – cuttlefish, bivalve, slug, scallop, squid, snail, octopus, limpet
- nocturnal animals cootie catcher – toad, flying squirrel, hyena, fox, bat, owl, firefly, racoon
- oviparous cootie catcher – king penguin, platypus, python, salamander, turtle, echidna, komodo
- vertebrate cootie catcher – kangaroo, elephant, cow, lizard, snake, ostrich, lion, chimp
Looking for more cootie catcher games to make learning fun? Check out these resources:
Animal Habitats for Kids
Looking for more free printable, fun and hands on ways for kids to learn about animal habitats? Check out these free resources:
- Animal Habitats Activity with Animal Cookies
- Habitat Adventure game to help K-6th graders learn about various animal habitats / biomes around the world and lots of beautiful animals.
- Forest Habitat Sensory Bin
- Bugs Theme – with more than a weeks worth of educational activities for kids of all ages
- Ocean Theme – have fun learning math, science and more with an under the sea theme all week
- Silly Animal Puzzles & Habitats Printable Activity
- Animal Habitats Worksheets with circle stickers
- Biome Coloring Pages for kids
- Woodland Animals Theme Worksheets
- Desert Animals Theme Worksheets
- 100 Amazing Zoo Animal Crafts
Animal Printables for Kids
We have lots of fun, hands on activities to teach kids about animals! Whether you are completing a zoology lesson , supplementing your homeschool science lesson, or just learning about your child’s favorite animals, we’ve got some fantastic resources filled with cute clipart and engaging activities:
- Animal Report Template
- Animal I Spy Worksheets
- Free Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers
- Zoo Scavenger Hunt (includes simple picture clues for Pre k and more complex animal classification, biomes, endangered threat, etc for older elementary age students
- Animal Classification Worksheets to cut & paste
- Ocean Animals for Kids – over 240 pages organized into 7 lessons to study aquatic animals using easy-to-understand text, hands-on science experiments, fun worksheets, and more with K-8th grade students.
- Animal Homes Clip Cards for kids
- Life Cycles for Kids – a growing collection with over 20 different animals to explore from penguins to sunflowers, salmon, butterfly, and more!
- Animal Habitat Worksheets – Do a Dot Printable
- Biomes Coloring Pages
- Polar Bear Unit
- Frog Lapbook
- Frog Life Cycle Playdough Mats
- Jello Animal Cells Project
- Silly Puzzles Animal Habitat Activity
- Animal Habitats Activity with Animal Cookies
- Nocturnal Animals Printables
- Forest Animals Themed Worksheets
- Arctic Animals Themed Worksheets
- Desert Animals Themed Worksheets
- Pond Worksheets for Kids
Science for Kids
Looking for lots more fun, science experiments for kids? You’ve GOT to try some of these outrageously fun science experiments for kids! We have so many fun, creative and easy science experiments for elementary age children:
- 100 Amazing Food science experiments for kids – arranged by type of science
- Colorful Capillary action science experiment (also known as walking water)
- Amaze kids with these 12 Hands on Science experiments with batteries
- 24 Epic Solar system science projects to try this week
- Fun Water balloon science experiment that explores density
- 50 Fun Preschool science experiments the whole family will want to try
- Simple Galaxy science project
- Easy and Fun Dancing Raisins Experiment
- Learn about weather as you find how to make a weather vane
- Eye opening Eye science experiments
- Easy-to- make Air pressure science project
- Amazing POP rocks science experiment is one of our all-time favorite science experiments we like to do during the summer are
- Stunning Chromatography Flowers are so pretty you’ll forget it was as science project!
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – super easy and SO cool!
- 30 Simple machines science projects kids will want to try
- Easy, fascinating, and colorful project answering Why do Leaves Change Color Experiment
First Grade Printables
If you have a 1st grader and you are looking for more fun, hands on grade 1 worksheets, games and activities to make learning fun – you will love these resources!
- Over 5000+ pages of 1st grade Worksheets
- 100 Books 1st Graders can Read Themselves with free 1st grade reading books pdf
- Chapter Books for 1st Graders
- 1st Grade Book Report Template
- Free Cut and Paste Worksheets
- Solar System Worksheets Pack
- Printable Sight Words List
- First Grade Word Search Printable
- Free printable 1st grade math worksheets
- Gumball Math Worksheets to practice addition & subtraction
- Life-size Human Body Project with free printable template
- 1st Grade Reading Games – Reading the Easy Way 1st Grade
- Fun, hands-on Counting Coins Games
- Over 500 pages of Kindergarten Writing Prompts Free
- Sentence Scramble Worksheets
- Princess Color by Sight Word Worksheets
- Time Puzzles make learning to use a clock FUN
- HUGE Ocean Animals for Kids Unit
- Discover 16 Countries for Kids
- Crack the Code Worksheets for practicing math while having fun
- Learn about Animal Classifications for Kids with these free printable cootie catchers
- Fun, hands-on History Lessons for kids
- Lots of 1st Grade Science Projects
- Over 1+ million pages of Free Printable Worksheets
Cootie Catchers Template
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!