Play and learn about Animal Classifications for Kids with 10 different free printable Cootie Catchers! Print in color or black and white and have fun learning or reviewing with this fun science activity for kids!
Animal Classifications for Kids
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this fun activity for helping children learn about animal classifications. Use this as a supplement to your science curriculum, to create an animals unit, for a science center, summer learning, or a fun mini unit to dive deeper into something your child is naturally curious about.
Scientists use animal classifications to sort animals by other similarities. This allows scientists to better study and learn about animals.
This fun activity will help elementary age kids learn various science terms and vocabulary related along with their meaning and eight examples of each. We love making learning fun for kids!
Animal Classification Games
This is such a fun activity to play and learn with an animal classification game for kids from kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students.
Now print the pages that fit with what you are learning or what interests your child There are 20 pages in black and white or color to choose from.
Animal Classification Activities
There are various different activities to teach animal classifications to kids. But first, decide if you want to use the black and white pages and allow your child to color the animals in with crayons, markers, or colored pencils or the full color pages.
Next, you will need scissors to trim the page down to the square.
Finally, follow the directions on the 2nd page of the download to fold your cootie catcher. If you prefer, this video is helpful for quickly folding cootie catchers.
Printable Cootie Catchers
Now that you’ve downloaded the science cootie catchers, here are the cootie catchers you can make in this fun, educational activity for pre k, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 science:
- arthropods cootie catcher – beetle scarab, cabbage white moth, cat flea, scorpion, crab, mosquito, dragonfly, stick insect
- birds cootie catcher – pelican, parrot, bald eagle, owl, rooster, turkey vulture, seagull, flamingo
- fish cootie catcher – shark, marlin, picasso fish, volitan lionfish, powder blue tang, eel, clown fish, manta ray
- insect cootie catcher – termite, bumble bee, caterpillar, cockroach, grasshopper, honey ant, hornet, spider
- invertebrate cootie catcher – urchin, whelk, crawfish, centipede, jellyfish, shrimp, snail, worm
- mammal cootie catcher – whale, gorilla, bison, whelk, rabbit, walrus, skunk, bobcat, coyote
- mollusk cootie catcher – cuttlefish, bivalve, slug, scallop, squid, snail, octopus, limpet
- nocturnal animals cootie catcher – toad, flying squirrel, hyena, fox, bat, owl, firefly, racoon
- oviparous cootie catcher – king penguin, platypus, python, salamander, turtle, echidna, komodo
- vertebrate cootie catcher – kangaroo, elephant, cow, lizard, snake, ostrich, lion, chimp
Looking for more cootie catcher games to make learning fun? Check out these resources:
Animal Printables for Kids
We have lots of fun, hands on activities to teach kids about animals! Whether you are completing a zoology lesson , supplementing your homeschool science lesson, or just learning about your child’s favorite animals, we’ve got some fantastic resources filled with cute clipart and engaging activities:
- Animal Report Template
- Endangered Animals Worksheets
- Zoo Scavenger Hunt (includes simple picture clues for Pre k and more complex animal classification, biomes, endangered threat, etc for older elementary age students
- Animal Classification Worksheets to cut & paste
- Ocean Animals for Kids – over 240 pages organized into 7 lessons to study aquatic animals using easy-to-understand text, hands-on science experiments, fun worksheets, and more with K-8th grade students.
- Animal Homes Clip Cards for kids
- Life Cycles for Kids – a growing collection with over 20 different animals to explore from penguins to sunflowers, salmon, butterfly, and more!
- Animal Habitat Worksheets – Do a Dot Printable
- Biomes Coloring Pages
- Jello Animal Cells Project
- Silly Puzzles Animal Habitat Activity
- Animal Habitats Activity with Animal Cookies
- Nocturnal Animals Printables
- Forest Animals Themed Worksheets
- Arctic Animals Themed Worksheets
- Desert Animals Themed Worksheets
- Pond Worksheets for Kids
Science for Kids
Looking for lots more fun, science experiments for kids? You’ve GOT to try some of these outrageously fun science experiments for kids! We have so many fun, creative and easy science experiments for elementary age children:
- 100 Amazing Food science experiments for kids – arranged by type of science
- Colorful Capillary action science experiment (also known as walking water)
- Amaze kids with these 12 Hands on Science experiments with batteries
- 24 Epic Solar system science projects to try this week
- Fun Water balloon science experiment that explores density
- 50 Fun Preschool science experiments the whole family will want to try
- Simple Galaxy science project
- Easy and Fun Dancing Raisins Experiment
- Learn about weather as you find how to make a weather vane
- Eye opening Eye science experiments
- Easy-to- make Air pressure science project
- Amazing POP rocks science experiment is one of our all-time favorite science experiments we like to do during the summer are
- Stunning Chromatography Flowers are so pretty you’ll forget it was as science project!
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – super easy and SO cool!
- 30 Simple machines science projects kids will want to try
- Easy, fascinating, and colorful project answering Why do Leaves Change Color Experiment
First Grade Printables
If you have a 1st grader and you are looking for more fun, hands on grade 1 worksheets, games and activities to make learning fun – you will love these resources!
- Over 5000+ pages of 1st grade Worksheets
- 100 Books 1st Graders can Read Themselves with free 1st grade reading books pdf
- Chapter Books for 1st Graders
- 1st Grade Book Report Template
- Free Cut and Paste Worksheets
- Solar System Worksheets Pack
- Printable Sight Words List
- First Grade Word Search Printable
- Free printable 1st grade math worksheets
- Gumball Math Worksheets to practice addition & subtraction
- Life-size Human Body Project with free printable template
- 1st Grade Reading Games – Reading the Easy Way 1st Grade
- Fun, hands-on Counting Coins Games
- Over 500 pages of Kindergarten Writing Prompts Free
- Sentence Scramble Worksheets
- Princess Color by Sight Word Worksheets
- Time Puzzles make learning to use a clock FUN
- HUGE Ocean Animals for Kids Unit
- Discover 16 Countries for Kids
- Crack the Code Worksheets for practicing math while having fun
- Learn about Animal Classifications for Kids with these free printable cootie catchers
- Fun, hands-on History Lessons for kids
- Lots of 1st Grade Science Projects
- Over 1+ million pages of Free Printable Worksheets
Cootie Catchers Template
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!