Play and learn about Animal Classifications for Kids with 10 different free printable Cootie Catchers! These animal classification activity is super simpl e and loads of fun for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th graders too. For this animal classification game simply print the cootie catcher template in color or black and white, fold, and have fun learning or reviewing with this fun science activity for kids!
Animal Classifications for Kids
Children love learning about animals for kids! There are so many different types of animals from big ones who live in the savannah to small ones who live in a pond. Help students learn about animal classifications for kids with this fun, hands-on animal printable. In this animal activity children wil make free printable cootie catchers to review different animal classifications as they learn how scientists sort animals by their similarities to better study amazing animals. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this fun animal classification activity for helping children learn as a supplement to your science curriculum, to create an animals unit, for a science center, summer learning, or a fun mini unit to dive deeper into something your child is naturally curious about. This animal classifiation game will help elementary age kids from preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 learn various science terms and vocabulary related along with their meaning and eight examples of each. We love making learning fun for kids!
Animal Classification Games
This is such a fun activity to play and learn with an animal classification game for kids from kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students.
Now print the pages that fit with what you are learning or what interests your child There are 20 pages in black and white or color to choose from.
Animal Classification Activity
There are various different activities to teach animal classifications to kids. But first, decide if you want to use the black and white pages and allow your child to color the animals in with crayons, markers, or colored pencils or the full color pages.
Next, you will need scissors to trim the page down to the square.
Finally, follow the directions on the 2nd page of the file to fold your cootie catcher. If you prefer, this video is helpful for quickly folding cootie catchers.
Animal Activity for Kids
Now that you’ve got the science cootie catchers, here are the cootie catchers you can make in this fun, educational activity for pre k, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 science:
- arthropods cootie catcher – beetle scarab, cabbage white moth, cat flea, scorpion, crab, mosquito, dragonfly, stick insect
- birds cootie catcher – pelican, parrot, bald eagle, owl, rooster, turkey vulture, seagull, flamingo
- fish cootie catcher – shark, marlin, picasso fish, volitan lionfish, powder blue tang, eel, clown fish, manta ray
- insect cootie catcher – termite, bumble bee, caterpillar, cockroach, grasshopper, honey ant, hornet, spider
- invertebrate cootie catcher – urchin, whelk, crawfish, centipede, jellyfish, shrimp, snail, worm
- mammal cootie catcher – whale, gorilla, bison, whelk, rabbit, walrus, skunk, bobcat, coyote
- mollusk cootie catcher – cuttlefish, bivalve, slug, scallop, squid, snail, octopus, limpet
- nocturnal animals cootie catcher – toad, flying squirrel, hyena, fox, bat, owl, firefly, racoon
- oviparous cootie catcher – king penguin, platypus, python, salamander, turtle, echidna, komodo
- vertebrate cootie catcher – kangaroo, elephant, cow, lizard, snake, ostrich, lion, chimp
Looking for more cootie catcher games to make learning fun? Check out these resources:
Animal Habitats for Kids
Looking for more free printable, fun and hands on ways for kids to learn about animal habitats? Check out these free resources:
- Animal Habitats Activity with Animal Cookies
- Habitat Adventure game to help K-6th graders learn about various animal habitats / biomes around the world and lots of beautiful animals.
- Forest Habitat Sensory Bin
- Bugs Theme – with more than a weeks worth of educational activities for kids of all ages
- Ocean Theme – have fun learning math, science and more with an under the sea theme all week
- Silly Animal Puzzles & Habitats Printable Activity
- Animal Habitats Worksheets with circle stickers
- Biome Coloring Pages for kids
- Woodland Animals Theme Worksheets
- Desert Animals Theme Worksheets
- 100 Amazing Zoo Animal Crafts
Animal Printables for Kids
We have lots of fun, hands on activities to teach kids about animals! Whether you are completing a zoology lesson , supplementing your homeschool science lesson, or just learning about your child’s favorite animals, we’ve got some fantastic resources filled with cute clipart and engaging activities:
- Animal Report Template
- Animal I Spy Worksheets
- Free Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers
- Zoo Scavenger Hunt (includes simple picture clues for Pre k and more complex animal classification, biomes, endangered threat, etc for older elementary age students
- Animal Classification Worksheets to cut & paste
- Ocean Animals for Kids – over 240 pages organized into 7 lessons to study aquatic animals using easy-to-understand text, hands-on science experiments, fun worksheets, and more with K-8th grade students.
- Animal Homes Clip Cards for kids
- Life Cycles for Kids – a growing collection with over 20 different animals to explore from penguins to sunflowers, salmon, butterfly, and more!
- Animal Habitat Worksheets – Do a Dot Printable
- Biomes Coloring Pages
- Polar Bear Unit
- Frog Lapbook
- Frog Life Cycle Playdough Mats
- Jello Animal Cells Project
- Silly Puzzles Animal Habitat Activity
- Animal Habitats Activity with Animal Cookies
- Nocturnal Animals Printables
- Forest Animals Themed Worksheets
- Arctic Animals Themed Worksheets
- Desert Animals Themed Worksheets
- Pond Worksheets for Kids
Science for Kids
Looking for lots more fun, science experiments for kids? You’ve GOT to try some of these outrageously fun science experiments for kids! We have so many fun, creative and easy science experiments for elementary age children:
- 100 Amazing Food science experiments for kids – arranged by type of science
- Colorful Capillary action science experiment (also known as walking water)
- Amaze kids with these 12 Hands on Science experiments with batteries
- 24 Epic Solar system science projects to try this week
- Fun Water balloon science experiment that explores density
- 50 Fun Preschool science experiments the whole family will want to try
- Simple Galaxy science project
- Easy and Fun Dancing Raisins Experiment
- Learn about weather as you find how to make a weather vane
- Eye opening Eye science experiments
- Easy-to- make Air pressure science project
- Amazing POP rocks science experiment is one of our all-time favorite science experiments we like to do during the summer are
- Stunning Chromatography Flowers are so pretty you’ll forget it was as science project!
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – super easy and SO cool!
- 30 Simple machines science projects kids will want to try
- Easy, fascinating, and colorful project answering Why do Leaves Change Color Experiment
Worksheets for Grade 1
If you have a 1st grader and you are looking for more fun, hands on 1st grade Worksheets, games and activities to make learning fun – you will love these resources!
- 100 Books 1st Graders can Read Themselves with free 1st grade reading books pdf free
- Fun-to-Read Chapter Books for 1st Graders
- Free Printable 1st Grade Book Report template
- Kid favorite, FREE Cut and Paste Worksheets for a variety of subjects!
- Sight Words Printable List
- First Grade Word Search
- Phonics Dab the th worksheets
- sh, ch, th word Digraph Games
- Ending Blends Worksheets with do a dot markers
- Cut and Paste L Blends Worksheets
- LOTS more free printable phonics worksheets and games
Free printable worksheets for 1st grade
Looking for even more grade 1 worksheets to review skills while having fun? Check out these resources:
- 1st Grade Reading Games – Reading the Easy Way 1st Grade
- Fun, hands-on Counting Coins Games
- Over 500 pages of Kindergarten Writing Prompts Free
- Sentence Scramble Worksheets
- Princess Color by Sight Word Worksheets
- Time Puzzles make learning to use a clock FUN
- Gumball Math Worksheets to practice addition & subtraction
- Crack the Code Worksheets for practicing math while having fun
- Bingo Shapes Game
- Color the Coin Money Coloring Pages
- Addition and Subtraction Math Mystery
- Printable Addition Tic-Tac-Toe Game
- Free Hundreds Tens and Ones Worksheets
- Free printable 1st grade math worksheets
1st Grade Science
Dive into some outrageousl fun science with our hands-on experiments and first grade worksheets
- Solar System Worksheets Pack
- Life-size Human Body Project with free printable template
- EASY Lemon Battery Experiment
- 12 Hands-on Battery Experiment Ideas for Kids
- Mind-blowing Magnetic Slime for Kids
- Magnet experiments for Kids
- Balloon Solid, liquid, gas hands-on activities plus other projects
- Phases of the Moon for Kids – worksheets, activities, Oreo moon phases, and more
- Weather Unit with worksheets and hands-on weather activities for kids
- Learn the planet names with this Solar System for Kids Lesson plus tons of other Solar System Project Ideas
Grade 1 Science
Plus don’t miss these worksheets for grade 1
- Learn about Animal Classifications for Kids with these free printable cootie catchers
- Lots of 1st Grade Science Projects
- HUGE Ocean Animals for Kids Unit
- Dive into the amazing world of botany with this plants for kids lessons
- Learn about LOTS of life cycles for kids (panda, spider, watermelon, bee, sunflower, spider, and more!)
- TONS of fun Human Body for Kids activities, expeirments, and free printables too!
- Free Scientific Method Worksheets
Free first grade worksheets
Help children learn about the great country of the United States with these free printables. Plus don’t miss all our fun, free, and immersive history lessons for kids and our other worksheet for grade 1
- Printable USA Presidents Coloring Pages
- Cute, Free Printable State Coloring Pages
- Free Printable States and Capitals Matching Game
- Free Presidents Worksheets – Learn about all the American presidents
- US States I Spy Worksheets
- Help kids understand where do I live with this clever printable activity
- Learn about American symbols with these Patriotic American Symbols for Kids
- How much do you know about USA for Kids? Color the flag, look at a map, discover famous landmarks like the statue of liberty,and more!
- American Symbols Worksheets
- Explore American History for kids including lots of fun, hands on activities and free printables
- 4 week lesson about Early Explorers for Kids
- The Colonial America for Kids lesson takes kids on a journey back to the first permanent settlement in America – Jamestown. Students will learn about colonial life with lots of hands on projects like eating Gruel, making a Wattle & Daub house, and creating a tin lantern will make the settlement come alive.
- We will make westward expansion for kids come alive for kids as they learn facts about the time period from about 1783-1898. In addition to learning about the Oregon trail, pony express, gold rush, transcontinental railroad, students will also learn to match animal trails, map the united states, and learn about North American animals too.
- Pennant History Posters to see US History At-a-Glance
- Learn about the Roaring 1920s for Kids – Printable Book to Read, Color, and Learn
- Rosa Parks for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Martin Luther King Jr for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Free Printable Maps including world map, continents, and country maps with and without labeling
- Ready to dive more in depth? Check out Country Study for Kids – look at 16 countries around the world up close
- Use Lego to explore famous landmarks in countries for kids
- Research and learn with these free Children around the World Worksheets
- Roll into Geography – Printable Geography Games
- You can find all our FREE printable country coloring pages covering over 36 different nations – or jump right to Spain Coloring Pages, China Coloring Pages, Italy Coloring Pages, Chile Coloring Pages, Germany Coloring Pages, and Costa Rica Coloring Pages
- Over 1+ million pages of Free Printable Worksheets
Cootie Catchers Template
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
Thank you, these are awesome!
Thank you. These are going to be great be for so many age groups!
I really think you are the best!!!
Signed up for newsletter. Cannot figure out how to print anything. Went to bottom of the post nothing their but leave a comment.
Love free printables, thank you for your generosity!
Thank you very much for your excellent materials. My students in Taiwan love them!!