Explore the world of chemistry with these fun battery experiments for kids! Create simple circuits, a simple powered motor, and a “robot” from one of science’s greatest inventions!! Your science loving kiddos, from Kindergartners, Grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 will love these battery experiments!
Did you know the invention of the battery dates back to the late 1700’s? Yep, this simple to understand TED Talk shows how the invention of the battery all started from a disagreement from two men and a frog! Take a moment to watch and check out various other sites to learn more about batteries!
Fun Battery Facts for Kids
- The first battery was created by Alessandro Volta in 1800 (the term “voltage” gets it’s namesake from him).
- A battery uses chemistry to produce electricity.
- A battery is made up of three parts: a negative charge, a positive charge, and an electrolyte.
Battery Experiments for Kids
Whether you are a parent, teacher or homeschooler – you will love engaging students curiosity and teaching them science with these fun science fair projects with batteries. These are fun science projects for kids from kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students.
Which Battery Last the Longest? | Don’t we ALL want to know the answer to this question?! Set up a science experiment testing several different batteries. Then make sure you come back here and comment your findings!!
Coin Battery | Did you know you can make a battery out of coins? It’s true! Teach Beside Me shows you how you can turn your couch cushion change into a small battery.
Tiny Dancers Homopolar Motor | Babble Dabble Do shows you a fun and simple way to introduce your children to electricity. Anyone interested in making a wire ballerina “dance?”
Homemade Wigglebot | Research Parent turns an ordinary paper cup into a moving and grooving “robot.” This battery experiment would be enjoyed by kids of all ages!
Super Simple Circuit | No need for fancy wires and tape, What do We Do All Day? shows you how easy it is to make a simple circuit using household materials. This is a great battery experiment to help kids tinker and explore electricity.
DIY Light Up Card | Using a simple circuit, turn your battery experiment into a sweet craft for a friend! Great way to learn AND create!
Fruit Battery | Carrots Are Orange shows how to use fruit to create an electrical charge! So fun! This would be a great experiment to add to your Kitchen Science Unit!
Dirt Battery Science Experiment | Did you know you can make a battery out of dirt? Me neither! Check out Teach Beside Me for a great visual “how-to” for this battery experiment for kids.
Battery Powered Traffic Light | Move beyond simple circuits to make a traffic light with aluminum foils switches. This cool battery experiment would be great for older kids!
Potato Battery Science Experiment | Try this cool battery science experiment from STEAM Powered Family, using a potato to light up an LED battery! That is a lot of energy!
Salt Circuit | If your kids love building circuits, this Rainbow Salt Experiment is a MUST TRY!
Electromagnetic Train | Fascinate your science loving kiddos with this fun “electric” train using a train “car” comprised of a battery.
Battery Science Project
Science for Kids
Looking for lots more fun, science experiments for kids? You’ve GOT to try some of these outrageously fun science experiments for kids! We have so many fun, creative and easy science experiments for elementary age children:
- 100 Amazing Food science experiments for kids – arranged by type of science
- Colorful Capillary action science experiment (also known as walking water)
- Amaze kids with these 12 Hands on Science experiments with batteries
- 24 Epic Solar system science projects to try this week
- Fun Water balloon science experiment that explores density
- 50 Fun Preschool science experiments the whole family will want to try
- Simple Galaxy science project
- Easy and Fun Dancing Raisins Experiment
- Learn about weather as you find how to make a weather vane
- Eye opening Eye science experiments
- Easy-to- make Air pressure science project
- Amazing POP rocks science experiment is one of our all-time favorite science experiments we like to do during the summer are
- Stunning Chromatography Flowers are so pretty you’ll forget it was as science project!
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – super easy and SO cool!
- 30 Simple machines science projects kids will want to try
- Easy, fascinating, and colorful project answering Why do Leaves Change Color Experiment
- Free Printable Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers
- 19 Edible science experiments – which delicious project will you try first?
- HUGE Free Solar System Unit (coloring pages, hands on science projects, worksheets, and more!)
- Pipe Cleaner Constellation Activity (As seen on Good Housekeeping!)
- Teach kids about conductivity with this fun squishy circuits projects
- Amazing, Heat Sensitive, Color Changing Slime
- Life Cycles for Kids (from penguin to sunflower and spider to turkey we have LOTS of life cycles to explore and learn about)
- EASY, Colorful Oil and Water Science Experiment
- Kids will be amazed as you change colors of white flowers with this Dying Flowers Science Experiment
- This super cool Lego Zipline is fun and simple to make
- Human Body Project
- Check out this super cool look INSIDE a Volcano Project
- Exploding Watermelon – science experiment that explores potential and kinetic energy with a big WOW moment!
- Memorable Life Size Skeletal system science project – includes free printable template
- Find LOTS more Easy Science Experiments for kids of all ages!
Leave a Reply