Kids will have fun learning to listen for blends in words and improve spelling l blend words with these free printable l blends worksheets. for kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students. These free phonics worksheets are such a fun way for children wo work on phonics kills with L Blend Worksheets.
L blends worksheets
Part of being able to read is hearing sounds and knowing which letters make that sound. In the beginning, this isn’t too hard. Our little ones learn the sound the b makes and that it words like bat, bee, and bus start with that sound. Then they learn that sometimes the c and the k can sometimes make the same sound. Let’s just make reading a struggle. And next, we jump into blends. And now we combine two letters to make one new sound. Our poor kiddos!
So today we have an activity to help our small readers recognize “L” blend sounds, and the letters that make up this new sound. These super cute and Free l blends worksheets are such a great way to help kindergartners and grade 1 students to recognize, read, and spell l blends.
L Blends Worksheets pdf
L Blend Worksheets
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this fun phonics activity! For this activity, you will want to print off all the pages, and then print off page 8 twice. Next, gather up glue and scissors, and you are ready to go. As always, we want to begin by saying the word each picture represents and having your child repeat after you.
Free Phonics Worksheets
These l blends worksheets free are important for two reasons.
- Many children have trouble pronouncing the “l” blend sounds, and this gives them practice.
- It also gives you a chance to emphasize the sound, make it easier for our little ones to hear and consequently figure out which letters make up that sound.
Once you do that, then let them try it out. Stay close by so you can repeat the word if they are choosing the wrong “l” blend. And that’s it. Enjoy this simple blending sounds worksheets where children will cut and paste to practice saying the “l” blends and knowing which letters make them.
Phonics worksheets for kindergarten
There are two different ways to use these phonics worksheets:
I personally like this way the best, but I personally didn’t have enough of the letter l. I suggest printing on cardstock, laminating, or putting in a page protector for durability – especially if they will be used in a literacy center in a classroom. You will need need magnetic letters: bl, cl, fl, gl, pl, and sl
Another great way to do this activity is to have children write out the letters. I slipped pages 3 – 7 in a folder and let my boy write out the letters that would make the correct blend.
Looking for more blends activities for young learners? You will love these resources:
- Final Consonant Ending Blends Games
- Practice Consonant Blends with cute printable puzzles
- Slide and Read Blends Activity
- Beginning Blends Fall Activities for 1st Grade
- Blue Bird Sorting Blends Activity
- Read and Color Ending Blends Worksheets
- Mitten Initial Blends Winter Activities for 1st Grade
- Initial Blends Matching Game for kids
- Do a Dot Ending Blends Worksheet
- Ending Blends Bingo Dauber Worksheets
- Ch, Sh, Th Digraph Game
- Read and Clip Consonant Blends Activities
- Handy L Blends Worksheets with magenetic letters
- Graph a Blends Activities for 2nd graders
- Floss Rule Worksheets
- Free Printable Color by Blend Worksheet
- Ending S Blends Clip Cards
- Printable nk Ending Blends Clip Cards
- NG Words for Kids Game
- BIngo Dabber ng and nk worksheets
- Th Worksheets – Read th blends in sentences
- R Controlled Vowel Worksheets
- Free printable Blends Worksheets with dot markers
- See all of our blends activities here
Free l blend worksheets
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!