Getting the hang of consonant blends is important for young readers and these free Consonant Blends Puzzles can help! Use this fun, free printable consonant blends games with kindergarten and first grade children. This beginning blends activity will encourage kids to listen closely to the beginning sounds they hear in each word. There are 36 different puzzles and they come in both color and black and white! Simply print pdf file with initial consonant blends activity and you are ready to play and learn!
Consonant blends games free
Print this initial blends pack then print the color or black and white versions onto card and cut apart. If using black and white your kids might like to color them before cutting.
Consonant blends games
This list tells you all the digraphs and words that are included in this pack.
- CL: clock, clown, clap, cloud, clip, climb.
- FL: flower, flamingo, flat, floss, flashlight, flag.
- GL: globe, glass, glasses, glove, glue, glow.
- PL: planet, plane, plant, play, plug, plus.
- SL: sled, sling, slice, slip, slide, slow.
- SP: spoon, space, spaghetti, spin, spray, spill.
- BR: branch, broken, braids, bread, bride, bridge.
- CR: crow, crayon, crown, crab, cry, crack.
- DR: drink, dress, dragon, drum, draw, dream.
- TR: trampoline, truck, trash, tree house, trunk, trophy.
- SK: skate, ski, skirt, skateboard, skeleton, skip.
- SN: snail, sneeze, snap, snow, snake, sniff.
Consonant blend games
Start by reviewing blends with your child. Can they move smoothly from the first sound to the second sound in the blend? Look at the pictures and say the words – what are the beginning sounds?
Now for this consonant blends activities, students will put the puzzle pieces together by matching the beginning sounds. A word list is included in the file in case you’re not sure what words are meant by each picture!
Looking for more phonics activities for young learners? You will love these resources:
- Consonant Blends Clip Cards
- Ch, Sh, Th Digraph Game
- Consonant Cluster Spelling Mats
- Hershey Kiss Word Families
- L Blends Worksheets
- Floss Rule Worksheets
- Th Worksheets
- R Controlled Vowel Worksheets
- Spring Initial Blends Matching Game
- Short and Long Vowel Spelling Practice
First Grade Printables
If you have a 1st grader and you are looking for more fun, hands on 1st grade Worksheets, games and activities to make learning fun – you will love these resources!
- 100 Books 1st Graders can Read Themselves with free 1st grade reading books pdf free
- Fun-to-Read Chapter Books for 1st Graders
- Free Printable 1st Grade Book Report template
- Kid favorite, FREE Cut and Paste Worksheets for a variety of subjects!
- Sight Words Printable List
- Synonyms and antonyms worksheets
- First Grade Word Search
- Phonics Dab the th worksheets
- sh, ch, th word Digraph Games
- Ending Blends Worksheets with do a dot markers
- Cut and Paste L Blends Worksheets
- LOTS more free printable phonics worksheets and games
1st Grade Math
- 1st Grade Reading Games – Reading the Easy Way 1st Grade
- Fun, hands-on Counting Coins Games
- Over 500 pages of Kindergarten Writing Prompts Free
- Sentence Scramble Worksheets
- Princess Color by Sight Word Worksheets
- Free Printable Number Bond Games
- Time Puzzles make learning to use a clock FUN
- Gumball Math Worksheets to practice addition & subtraction
- Crack the Code Worksheets for practicing math while having fun
- Bingo Shapes Game
- Color the Coin Money Coloring Pages
- Addition and Subtraction Math Mystery
- Printable Addition Tic-Tac-Toe Game
- Free Hundreds Tens and Ones Worksheets
- Free printable 1st grade math worksheets
1st Grade Science
- Solar System Worksheets Pack
- Life-size Human Body Project with free printable template
- EASY Lemon Battery Experiment
- 12 Hands-on Battery Experiment Ideas for Kids
- Mind-blowing Magnetic Slime for Kids
- Magnet experiments for Kids
- Balloon Solid, liquid, gas hands-on activities plus other projects
- Phases of the Moon for Kids – worksheets, activities, Oreo moon phases, and more
- Weather Unit with worksheets and hands-on weather activities for kids
- Learn the planet names with this Solar System for Kids Lesson plus tons of other Solar System Project Ideas
Grade 1 Science
- Learn about Animal Classifications for Kids with these free printable cootie catchers
- Lots of 1st Grade Science Projects
- HUGE Ocean Animals for Kids Unit
- Dive into the amazing world of botany with this plants for kids lessons
- Learn about LOTS of life cycles for kids (panda, spider, watermelon, bee, sunflower, spider, and more!)
- TONS of fun Human Body for Kids activities, expeirments, and free printables too!
- Free Scientific Method Worksheets
United States Lesson for Kids
Help children learn about the great country of the United States with these free printables. Plus don’t miss all our fun, free, and immersive history lessons for kids
- Printable USA Presidents Coloring Pages
- Cute, Free Printable State Coloring Pages
- Free Printable States and Capitals Matching Game
- Free Presidents Worksheets – Learn about all the American presidents
- US States I Spy Worksheets
- Help kids understand where do I live with this clever printable activity
- Learn about American symbols with these Patriotic American Symbols for Kids
- How much do you know about USA for Kids? Color the flag, look at a map, discover famous landmarks like the statue of liberty,and more!
- American Symbols Worksheets
- Explore American History for kids including lots of fun, hands on activities and free printables
- 4 week lesson about Early Explorers for Kids
- The Colonial America for Kids lesson takes kids on a journey back to the first permanent settlement in America – Jamestown. Students will learn about colonial life with lots of hands on projects like eating Gruel, making a Wattle & Daub house, and creating a tin lantern will make the settlement come alive.
- We will make westward expansion for kids come alive for kids as they learn facts about the time period from about 1783-1898. In addition to learning about the Oregon trail, pony express, gold rush, transcontinental railroad, students will also learn to match animal trails, map the united states, and learn about North American animals too.
- Pennant History Posters to see US History At-a-Glance
- Learn about the Roaring 1920s for Kids – Printable Book to Read, Color, and Learn
- Rosa Parks for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Martin Luther King Jr for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Free Printable Maps including world map, continents, and country maps with and without labeling
- Ready to dive more in depth? Check out Country Study for Kids – look at 16 countries around the world up close
- Use Lego to explore famous landmarks in countries for kids
- Research and learn with these free Children around the World Worksheets
- Roll into Geography – Printable Geography Games
- You can find all our FREE printable country coloring pages covering over 36 different nations – or jump right to Spain Coloring Pages, China Coloring Pages, Italy Coloring Pages, Chile Coloring Pages, Germany Coloring Pages, and Costa Rica Coloring Pages
- Over 1+ million pages of Free Printable Worksheets
Plus, don’t miss all our other blends activities and over 300,000+ pages of our 1st grade worksheets and 1st grade activities, plus over 1million free worksheets for kids of all ages! Don’t miss all our free first grade worksheets and our other printable worksheets for prek-12th grade students. We have free printable math worksheets, english worksheets, history for kids, cool science experiments, and even fun activities for kids to go with every season and holiday throughout the year!
Free consonant blends worksheets
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.