The nk sound at the end of words can be challenging for some readers. But these nk ending blends clip cards are a fun blends activity to practice reading nk words. Use this final consonant blends games with kindergarten and first grade students to improve reading and spelling with Ending Blends nk. Simply print pdf file with nk printable and you are ready to play, learn, and improve phonics skills!
Ending Blends nk
Trying saying the sounds for “n” and “k” together. Not the easiest sound to say. And if it isn’t easy to say, that makes it even harder for our little ones to read. That means, we have to give our little readers extra practice with fun nk ending blends. And that is what these this blends activity is designed to do. Use these handy, low prep clip cards as a final consonant blends games for kindergartners and grade 1 students.
Consonant Blends Activity
Clip cards require a little bit of cutting, but I love how they can be used over and over again.
- First, print them off on cardstock paper. I’ve found if I use regular paper, the cards get ripped and messed up easily. And this is especially true if you have a child that needs to develop better fine motor skills. They are trying so hard to get the clip on, that the paper gets a little mangled in the process.
- Next, cut them out.
- Finally, gather up some clothes pins and you are ready to go.
Final consonant blends games
Now it is time to practice saying and reading words that end with “nk”!
But before we jump in, you may want to warn your child or one irrugulartiy with these “nk” words.
Write out the words bank, sank, tank, thank, and drank on a piece of paper or white board. Read them out loud to your little one and ask them if they notice anything about the vowel sound. Hopefully, they notice that the “a” is making a “long a” sound.
Then write out words like….
- think and sink
- honk and monk
- dunk and junk
Once again, read the words and ask them what they notice with the vowel sound. Did they see that the “i”, “o”, and “u” all make the short sound next to the “nk”.
Once that quick lesson is taught. Let you little ones read the words on the clip cards and place a clothes pin underneath the picture that matches the word.
And just like that, your little ones get some great practice reading “nk” ending blend words.
Looking for more blends activities for young learners? You will love these resources:
- Final Consonant Ending Blends Games
- Practice Consonant Blends with cute printable puzzles
- Slide and Read Blends Activity
- Beginning Blends Fall Activities for 1st Grade
- Blue Bird Sorting Blends Activity
- Read and Color Ending Blends Worksheets
- Mitten Initial Blends Winter Activities for 1st Grade
- Initial Blends Matching Game for kids
- Do a Dot Ending Blends Worksheet
- Ending Blends Bingo Dauber Worksheets
- Ch, Sh, Th Digraph Game
- Read and Clip Consonant Blends Activities
- Handy L Blends Worksheets with magenetic letters
- Graph a Blends Activities for 2nd graders
- Floss Rule Worksheets
- Free Printable Color by Blend Worksheet
- Ending S Blends Clip Cards
- Printable nk Ending Blends Clip Cards
- NG Words for Kids Game
- BIngo Dabber ng and nk worksheets
- Th Worksheets – Read th blends in sentences
- R Controlled Vowel Worksheets
- Free printable Blends Worksheets with dot markers
- See all of our blends activities here
First Grade Printables
If you have a 1st grader and you are looking for more fun, hands on grade 1 worksheets, games and activities to make learning fun – you will love these resources!
- Over 5000+ pages of 1st grade Worksheets
- 100 Books 1st Graders can Read Themselves with free 1st grade reading books pdf
- Lots of fun Chapter Books for 1st Graders wth free printable list
- Free Book Report Template to print and use with any book
- Free Cut and Paste Worksheets make learning FUN!
- Solar System Worksheets Pack
- Free Sight Words Printable List
- 1st Grade Word Search Printable
- Free Printable 1st grade math worksheets to print and practice
- Gumball Math Worksheets to practice addition & subtraction
- EPIC, Life-size Human Body Project with free printable template
- 1st Grade Reading Games – Reading the Easy Way 1st Grade
- Fun, hands-on Counting Coins Games
- Over 500 pages of FREE Kindergarten Writing Prompts
- Cut and Paste Sentence Scramble Worksheets
- Princess Color by Sight Word Worksheets
- Free Telling Time Puzzles make learning to use a clock FUN
- HUGE 250+ page Unit with activities, experiments, information, and Ocean Animal Worksheets
- Discover 16 amazing places around the world with these Country worksheets Study
- Crack the Code Worksheets for practicing math while having fun
- Learn about Animal printables with these free printable cootie catchers
- Fun, hands-on History Lessons for kids
- Lots of 1st Grade Science Projects
- Over 1+ million pages of Free Printable Worksheets
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!