Learn about american symbols for kids with these free printable american symbols worksheet pages. These us symbols worksheet are perfect for preschool, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grde, 4th grdae, and 5th grade students to learn about symbols of America while having fun. Inlcuded in these american symbols free printables are cut and paste pages, coloring pages, matching activities, and more to learn about america for kids! Simply print pdf file with united states symbols worksheets to help kids learn about the liberty bell, white house, mount rushmore, George Washington, Washington memorial, national parks, famous bridges like the Golden Gate Bridge, American flag, pledge of allegiance, bald eagle, Thomas Jefferson, Uncle Sam, and American presidents too.
American Symbols Worksheet
Most Americans would say they are proud to be American. Americans say they buy American, are trying to live the American dream, tear up at the national anthem being sung before ball games, and take off their hats and put their hands over their hearts when saying the pledge of allegiance. But how much do your kids really know about the United States of America? Grab this pack of over 10 pages of american symbol worksheets to help kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students learn abou the usa for kids!
American Symbols for Kids
This United States for Kids theme includes both hands on activities and printable free worksheets to help kids learn about the famous landmarks of the United States of America. Use this to study the United States, as part of expanding horizons, American History, special center, summer learning for road trips, patriotism supplement, independent learning, or alongside an American holiday like the 4th of July or Presidents Day.
The american symbols for kids pack includes ideas for learning the 50 states, states & capitals, becoming familiar with the states locations, finding major National Parks (Yellowstone, Smokey Mountains, Acadia, Grand Canyon, Sequoia, and more), cut and paste famous landmarks (Mount Rushmore, White House, Liberty Bell, and more), famous bridges, matching landmarks like statue of liberty, learning about the bald eagle, get to know Thomas Jefferson & George Washington, who really is Uncle Sam, all about the American flag, American Presidents, and more!
American symbols worksheet pdf
We looked at the American flag and how it has changed throughout the years. Goofy observed how there was a star for each state. We talked about how the stripes represented the 13 original colonies. Then we made an edible American flag.
US symbols worksheet
- National Parks – Yellowstone, Smokey Mountains, Acadia, Grand Canyon, Sequoia, Olympic, Rockies, Zion Canyon, Yosemite, Cuyahoga Valley, and more
- Cut and paste famous landmarks – Mount Rushmore, White House, Liberty Bell, declaration of independence, George Washing, Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, Empire State Building, Martin Luther King Jr., Hoover Dam, Great Seal
- Famous bridges – Golden Gate Bridge, Brooklyn Bridge, Mackinac Island Bridge, Paseo Bridge, Bartonsville Covered Bridge
- Learning about the bald eagle,
- Get to know Thomas Jefferson
- Who really is Uncle Sam
- All about the American flag
- American Presidents
American Buildings with Lego
We built The Empire State Building (NY) with a super cool Lego kit. There are lots of other famous landmarks out of lego brick kids available.
Famous American Bridges
We looked at some famous bridges in America. Then we built the Golden Gate Bridge (CA) with a 3D puzzle.
We read about the Bald Eagle, discovered that Benjamin Franklin wanted the turkey to be our national bird, and picked a family bird.
The White House
After reading about The White House & learning about some famous Presidents, Goofy wrote the President a letter & drew him a picture. (This was also great practice writing!) And two weeks letter we got an envelope from The White House! We were so excited to get a response letter, signed picture of Obama, signed family picture, interview with Obama & White House info, exploring the white house through art, and a day in the life of Boo (Obama’s dog).
National Parks of USA
We also worked on our mapping skills both in the american symbols worksheets and playing some fun board games that helped my kiddos become familiar with where states and major cities are on a map.
Statue of Liberty Crafts for Kids
We read a wonderful historical fiction book Saving the Liberty Bell by Megan McDonald and then made a liberty bell of our own. We also read about the statue of liberty & made our own torch.
Looking for more fun, free, and engaging printables for teaching kids about the United States of America? Check out these USA resources:
- State Coloring Pages – color the state flags, state map, state bird, state flower, and famous state icons on each of the state coloring pages
- United States Coloring Book – includes a page for each of the 50 states
- American Symbols Worksheets for learning American Symbols and Landmarks (includes cut and paste, bridges, and more!)
- Free American Symbols for Kids Printable Worksheets to write down what you’ve learned
- 50 States Worksheets – grab these state printable to make learing a snap!
- US States I Spy Worksheets
- USA for Kids Printable book
- Super cute Presidents Day Coloring Pages
- Presidents Worksheets for all US Presidents
- 50 President Coloring Pages
- Presidents for Kids – make your own fact book
- Vote for Kids – Election Worksheets for Kids
- Fun USA Geography Games for Kids – SNAP
- Free Printable States and Capitals Matching Game
- Convenient Free Printable State Capitals List for kids to reference
- Plus see all of our fun US history and geography resources —> US States for Kids
History Lessons for Kids
Check out one of or MANY engaging, Free history lessons for kids
- Explore American History for kids including lots of fun, hands on activities and free printables
- Dive into Mesopotamia History to learn about Gilgamesh
- 4 week lesson about Early Explorers for Kids
- Learn about castles, knights, and more in this exciting Middle Ages for Kids
- Make a teepee, dig for arrowheads, color our printable books and more in this Native Americans for Kids lessons
- The Colonial America for Kids lesson takes kids on a journey back to the first permanent settlement in America – Jamestown. Students will learn about colonial life with lots of hands on projects like eating Gruel, making a Wattle & Daub house, and creating a tin lantern will make the settlement come alive.
- We will make westward expansion for kids come alive for kids as they learn facts about the time period from about 1783-1898. In addition to learning about the Oregon trail, pony express, gold rush, transcontinental railroad, students will also learn to match animal trails, map the united states, and learn about North American animals too.
- Civil War for Kids – students will learn about slavery, famous Americans from the Civil War, famous battles, and how our nation stayed together. Lesson includes printable worksheets, mapping activities, printable civil war board game and more!
- Learn about US States for Kids – state coloring pages, president coloring pages, state report forms, states and capital printables, and so much more!
- Pennant History Posters to see US History At-a-Glance
- Learn about the Roaring 1920s for Kids – Printable Book to Read, Color, and Learn
- Rosa Parks for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Martin Luther King Jr for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Titanic for Kids Reader to Color and Learn
- Learn about the Roaring 1920s for Kids – Printable Book to Read, Color, and Learn
- 1930s for Kids – Printable Book about the Golden age of Hollywood, Great Depression for Kids and more to read, color, and learn
- Life in the 1940s America for Kids Reader
- Anne Frank for Kids Printable Reader to read, color, and learn about this Jewish girl who lived behind the wall in Holland during World War 2
- 1950s for Kids Reader to Color, Learn and read about what life was like in America in 1950
- Life in the 1960s for Kids Printable book to read, color and learn about life in the 1960s
- Learn about platform shoes, disco, the beginning of Star Wars and more with this 1970s for kids Reader
- 1980s for kids Reader to read, color, and learn!
- 1990s for Kids Printable Reader filled with information about fashion, technology, Presidents, and more!
- Learn about life for early 2000s Kids with these american history printables to read, color, and learn!
- Review what you’ve leanred with these American History Worksheets (Notebooking)
Geography for Kids
- LOTS of FREE Printable Maps
- Around the World I Spy Worksheets – learn about 36 countries
- Free Country Worksheets for kids to learn about countries around the world
- 16 Countries for Kids Printables
- Germany for Kids – Grab this printable to learn about the Reichstag, Pretzels, and so much more!
- Kenya for Kids Printable Book takes you on a safari through an amazing country filled with wildlife
- You can find all our country coloring pages coloring pages or jump right to: Sweden Coloring Pages, Cuba Coloring Pages, Philippines Coloring Pages, or Netherlands Coloring Pages
- Children around the World Worksheets
- Lots of fun and FREE History Lessons for Kids
US Symbols Worksheet
By using materials from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal or personal classroom use only (to share please direct others to grab their own copy on our site)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!