Learn about american symbols for kids with these free printable american symbols worksheet pages. These us symbols worksheet are perfect for preschool, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grde, 4th grdae, and 5th grade students to learn about symbols of America while having fun. Inlcuded in these american symbols free printables are cut and paste pages, coloring pages, matching activities, and more to learn about america for kids! Simply print pdf file with united states symbols worksheets to help kids learn about the liberty bell, white house, mount rushmore, George Washington, Washington memorial, national parks, famous bridges like the Golden Gate Bridge, American flag, pledge of allegiance, bald eagle, Thomas Jefferson, Uncle Sam, and American presidents too.
Most Americans would say they are proud to be American. Americans say they buy American, are trying to live the American dream, tear up at the national anthem being sung before ball games, and take off their hats and put their hands over their hearts when saying the pledge of allegiance. But how much do your kids really know about the United States of America? Grab this pack of over 10 pages of american symbol worksheets to help kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students learn abou the usa for kids!
American symbols worksheet
This United States for Kids theme includes both hands on activities and printable free worksheets to help kids learn about the famous landmarks of the United States of America. Use this to study the United States, as part of expanding horizons, American History, special center, summer learning for road trips, patriotism supplement, independent learning, or alongside an American holiday like the 4th of July or Presidents Day.
The american symbols for kids pack includes ideas for learning the 50 states, states & capitals, becoming familiar with the states locations, finding major National Parks (Yellowstone, Smokey Mountains, Acadia, Grand Canyon, Sequoia, and more), cut and paste famous landmarks (Mount Rushmore, White House, Liberty Bell, and more), famous bridges, matching landmarks like statue of liberty, learning about the bald eagle, get to know Thomas Jefferson & George Washington, who really is Uncle Sam, all about the American flag, American Presidents, and more!
American symbols worksheet pdf
US symbols worksheet
We looked at the American flag and how it has changed throughout the years. Goofy observed how there was a star for each state. We talked about how the stripes represented the 13 original colonies. Then we made an edible American flag.
American symbols for kids
- National Parks – Yellowstone, Smokey Mountains, Acadia, Grand Canyon, Sequoia, Olympic, Rockies, Zion Canyon, Yosemite, Cuyahoga Valley, and more
- Cut and paste famous landmarks – Mount Rushmore, White House, Liberty Bell, declaration of independence, George Washing, Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, Empire State Building, Martin Luther King Jr., Hoover Dam, Great Seal
- Famous bridges – Golden Gate Bridge, Brooklyn Bridge, Mackinac Island Bridge, Paseo Bridge, Bartonsville Covered Bridge
- Learning about the bald eagle,
- Get to know Thomas Jefferson
- Who really is Uncle Sam
- All about the American flag
- American Presidents
American Buildings with Lego
We built The Empire State Building (NY) with a super cool Lego kit. There are lots of other famous landmarks out of lego brick kids available.
Famous American Bridges
We looked at some famous bridges in America. Then we built the Golden Gate Bridge (CA) with a 3D puzzle.
We read about the Bald Eagle, discovered that Benjamin Franklin wanted the turkey to be our national bird, and picked a family bird.
The White House
After reading about The White House & learning about some famous Presidents, Goofy wrote the President a letter & drew him a picture. (This was also great practice writing!) And two weeks letter we got an envelope from The White House! We were so excited to get a response letter, signed picture of Obama, signed family picture, interview with Obama & White House info, exploring the white house through art, and a day in the life of Boo (Obama’s dog).
National Parks of USA
We also worked on our mapping skills both in the american symbols worksheets and playing some fun board games that helped my kiddos become familiar with where states and major cities are on a map.
Statue of Liberty Crafts for Kids
We read a wonderful historical fiction book Saving the Liberty Bell by Megan McDonald and then made a liberty bell of our own. We also read about the statue of liberty & made our own torch.
USA for Kids
Help children learn about the great country of the United States with these free printables and resources:
- Printable USA Presidents Coloring Pages, Free Presidents Worksheets, and Presidents of the United States for Kids mini book
- American Symbols for kids Mini Book, Free American Symbols Worksheets, American Symbols for Kids Set, and American Symbols for Kids Worksheets (math/alphabet)
- Printable States and Capitals Matching Game or this free list of states and capitals
- Voting Worksheets – How Americans elect a new president
- LIfe Cycle of a Bald Eagle worksheets
- US States I Spy Worksheets
- Fun USA Geography Games for Kids, salt map in 3D, and free printable maps
- SCIENCE: Easy REd White and Blue Science Experiment, Slime red white and blue activities,
- USA for Kids printable book, Cute State Coloring Pages, free USA coloring pages, and free 50 States Worksheet
- CRAFTS: Fireworks Patriotic Craft, Painters Tape American Flag Craft
- Lots of fun 4th of July Activities – skittle 4th of July science, errupting 4th of July science experiments, cool shaving cream fireworks,
- United States Scavenger Hunt of State Birds, State Animals USA Printables Scavenger Hunt, US State Flowers Scavener Hunt
- HISTORY: Native American Activities, hands-on Jamestown Activities, Colonial America pilgrim activities, American Revolution Easy Reading, Westward Expansion for kids unit, Civil War Activities plus civil war worksheets, 1920s roaring 20s worksheet pdf, 1930s great depression coloring pages, 1940s kids, learn about the 1950s for kids, 1960s for kids, color 1970s facts for kids, 1980s coloring sheets, life in the 1990s, free martin luther king jr coloring pages, and life for early 2000s Kids to read, color, and learn!
History Lessons for Kids
Check out one of or MANY engaging, Free history lessons for kids or go to American History for kids including lots of fun, hands on activities, our free blank timeline template, and lots more printables
- Digging into World History Curriculum for the whole family to learn together!
- Dive into Mesopotamia History to learn about Gilgamesh
- Learn about Ancient Egypt Activities, crafts, lessons, worksheets, ancient egypt free printables, hieroglyphics activity worksheet pdf, and more!
- Discover Ancient Greece for kids and Ancient Rome for Kids
- Ancient Civlizations of MesoAmerica: Who Were the Ancient Maya People Readers, Inca Facts Reader, and Aztecs for Kids Reader
- 4 week lesson about Early Explorers for Kids plus European Explorers for Kids Reader
- Learn about castles, knights, and more in this exciting Middle Ages for Kids
- Make a teepee, dig for arrowheads, color our printable books and more in this Native Americans for Kids lessons
- The Colonial America for Kids lesson from Jamestown (Jamestown worksheeds pdf to colonial America, and more!
- American Revolution activities including minute man drills, spy ciphers, printing press, vally forge, lapbook, american revolutionary easy reading, and more free printables
- Read, Color & Learn War of 1812 worksheet pdf
- We will make westward expansion for kids come alive for kids learning about the Oregon trail, pony express, gold rush, transcontinental railroad, westward expansion worksheet pdf, and more
- Civil War for Kids – students will learn about slavery, famous Americans from the Civil War, famous battles, and how our nation stayed together. Lesson includes printable worksheets, mapping activities, printable civil war board game and more!
- Titanic for Kids Reader to Color and Learn
- World War 1 Coloring Pages to color, read, and learn
- WW2 Printables to read, color, and learn about World War 2 plus Anne Frank Facts for Kids Printable Reader
- Learn about the trading of goods that began in 1941 with this Columbian Exchange for Kids printable reader.
- American Decades – History Posters , Roaring 1920s for Kids, 1930s Great Depression for Kids, life in the 1940s America for Kids Reader, 1950s for Kids, Rosa Parks Worksheets pdf, Martin Luther King Jr for Kids, life in the 1960s for Kids , 1970s for kids reader, 1980s for Kids, 1990s for Kids, life for early 2000s Kids , and review with American History Worksheets (Notebooking)
- Engaging Historical Fiction Books for Kids
US Symbols Worksheet
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
Thank you! You’ve made my day!
Thank you so much. You are a life saver. I will use this for my first graders. Thanks again.
What a wonderful site! Thank you for organizing so many wonderful activities for kiddos. This is so helpful!