Help kids learn about the American Civil War with these free printable civil war worksheets for elementary age students. These are also great as a no prep, review activity for learning American History with 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students. These civil war worksheet pages are such a handy way to evaluate what children have learned about The Civil War. Simply download pdf file with free printable american civil war worksheets and you are ready to learn about American history for kids from 1861-1865.
Civil War Worksheets
Free Printable American civil war worksheets
Civil War worksheet
There are 4 pages of black and white free civil war worksheets to help your students review what they’ve learned including:
- True & False
- Short Answers
- 11 States that Seceded on a Map
- Compare/Contrast being a Union/Confederate Soldier
- Battles of the Civil War
- People of the Civil War
- Key Vocabulary of the Civil War
Civil war worksheets 5th grade pdf
Kids will also have fun finding Civil War battlefields in their own state here: Civil war Battlefields and then fill in the information on the page included.
American Civil War for Kids
- Civil War for Kids Printable Book to color, read, and learn
- Famous People in the Civil War Flip Book
- Free Civil War Worksheets
- Civil War Games for Kids
Recommended Civil War Books for Kids
Here are some of our favorite books on the civil war for kids! They approach the period of history from different perspective and storytelling techniques to help kids get excited about learning.
- I Survived the Battle of Gettysburg, 1863
- Spies of the Civil War: An Interactive Espionage Adventure
- Civil War On Sunday
- Time For Kids: Clara Barton
- At Battle in the Civil War: An Interactive Battlefield Adventure
- You Wouldn’t Want to Be a Civil War Soldier!
- The Mystery at Fort Sumter
- The Mystery on the Underground Railroad
- Escape North! The Story of Harriet Tubman
- Sweet Clara and the Freedom Quilt
- Who Was Abraham Lincoln?
- Robert E. Lee: Young Confederate
- What Was the Battle of Gettysburg?
History Lessons for Kids
Our fun, hands-on and engaging homeschool history include not only clever activities to make history fun and memorable, but FREE printable worksheets and games too!
- Mesopotamia History – learn about he cradle of civilization while making costumes, recipes, maps, their own wheeled transport replica, play the royal game of Ur, make raised reliefs, practice cuniform in clay, and construct their own zigurats!
Early Explorers contains activities and printables to relive the adventures of early explorers for kids as they become a viking with Leif Erickson, sale around the world with Magellan, head to China with Marco Polo, discover the New World with Columbus, and more! (plus Leif Erikson for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn)
- Middle Ages for Kids. Build your own Medieval Castle, learn about the science of a catapult, dye silk, make peasant bread, find out the important roles of knights, make a bow and arrow, learn the origin of pretzels, making illuminated manuscripts, make artwork with egg paint and weaving simple tapestries .
- Native Americans for Kids – explore various tribes as you create free printable book, make PVC tent, totem poles, Indian fry bread, husk dolls, recreate an archeological dig with arrow heads, and more!
- Colonial America for Kids takes kids on a journey back to the first settlers in America – eat Gruel, makea Wattle & Daub house, create a tin lantern, write with a quill, make simple Johnny Cakes, make you own marbles, create traditional silhouette art projects, and more.
American Revolution for Kids. In 4 units your students will learn what events lead up to the American Revolutionand famous figures will making dragon pistols, roll their own cartridges, working spy cipher, cold feet activity.
- What was the Westward Expanion? Hisotyr comes alive as they learn about the oregon trail, pony express, gold rush, transcontinental railroad, and more with printables and activities like making a covered wagon, homemade crackers, how to square dance, pan for gold, and make a railroad project.
- Civil War for Kids We have recommendations for mapping and visiting famous battle sights nearby, printable civil war board game, make an informative emergent reader, create a flip book or people students should know, and complete some free printable Civil War worksheets.
- United States for Kids – we have worksheets, games, state coloring pages and more to make learning about the USA fun!
- Learn about the Children of the World and the countries they live in with our handy, FREE resources: country readers, map of the world for kids to print and label, a printable countries of the world coloring book.
- Rosa Parks for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- 1950s for Kids Reader to Color, Learn and read about what life was like in America in 1950
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin homeschooling for free? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, grade 1 worksheets, second grade worksheets and more for K12. Plus see our history lesson plans, free math games, english worksheets, sight words activities, alphabet worksheets, and cvc word games for kids of all ages!
Civil war worksheets pdf
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (to use in a coop or classroom please purchase a classroom licensed edition here TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles #94836, EduClips, The Enlightened Elephant, MelonHeadz
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!