Learn all about the 2000s kids with this American History for Kids reader for kids to color and learn! Learn about 2000s kids things with elementary age students from pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students. Simply print pdf file with life in the 2000s for kids to learn about life in the year 2000 while having fun coloring the cute pictures and learning about 2000s fashion, U.S. Presidents, the beginning of the internet, the Wii and Playstation 2, and iPods, and more!
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this low-prep activity for helping students learn about the 2000s. One of the easiest ways to help kids learn and remember is to have them read and study the people, the country and the way of life during this era. This american history for kids reader is a great introduction to the 2000s fashion, the beginning of the internet, the Wii and Playstation 2, iPods, and the Presidents of the US during this decade. Use this livingin the 2000s lesson with kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students.
Living in the 2000s
Early 2000s Kids
These 2000s childhood mini books contain one cover page that children can decorate their own. After this, there are multiple pages all about the 2000s to add behind this. While reading these books, children will learn about:
- the 2000s
- Wii Console
- Playstation 2
- Velour tracksuits
- The Presidents of the US
- Major Events
- Cost of Living
American History for Kids
The 2000’s were a decade that consisted of bell-bottoms, leggings, cardigans, and denim skirts. During this decade, the internet became standard in houses, social media was created, and DVDs had taken over from the VCR. With the Nokia 3310 becoming the best-selling phone, everyone was playing ’Snake.’
Velour tracksuits were all the rage! These tracksuits consisted of low-rise bootcut pants with a matching zip-up hoodie. Sometimes they were paired with Uggs. They became popular when celebrities were photographed wearing Juicy Couture tracksuits while out and about. By the end of the 2000s, they started fading from popular fashion. Crocs are shoes that looked a lot like plastic clogs. They took the world by storm and by the mid-2000s, it seemed like everyone owned a pair. Made from a material known as Croslite, these comfortable and easy to wear shoes are very durable and pliable. These shoes can be worn in most situations, especially during the rainy season.
The Wii console was created by Nintendo in 2006. It was often bundled with the game Wii Sports, which consisted of five sports games tennis, golf, bowling, boxing and baseball. This game won lots of awards, selling over 82 million copies by the end of 2017, making it the fourth best selling game of all time. The remote allowed the player to control the game using physical movement while pressing buttons. This console was discontinued in October 2013. Sony launched the PlayStation 2 in 2000, which went on to become the most sold video console in history. This console was backward compatible, allowing players to play games that were made for the previous PlayStation model. The Sims was a virtual reality game where they player controlled the life of Sim people. This was the hottest game of the year in 2000.
Before phones like the iPhone, kids in the 2000s carried around an iPod. These handheld devices were designed to play music, and view photos. On some models, you could play games and connect to the internet. The first iPod was released in 2001, this model is now known as the iPod classic. A smaller iPod nano, replaced the iPod mini. The iPod touch was released in 2007. It has a touch screen, like the iPhones. Laptops were invented in 1981. Since then, they have decreased in size and increased in popularity. With better batteries, the weight of the laptops was reduced. DVD burners and CD-ROM drives were added and improved storage capabilities. It wasn’t long before there were more laptops on the market than desktop computers, coming in both PC and Mac formats.
George W. Bush became the 43rd President of the US on January 20, 2001 and served until January 20, 2009. His father was the 41st President of the US. His calm, encouraging demeanur during September 11th brought hope to a shaken nation and he easily was voted for a 2nd term. Barack Obama became the 44th President of the US on January 20, 2009 and served until January 20, 2017. He was the first African-American president of the United States.
Life in the Early 2000s
These two books abut early 2000s life are completely in blackline which is not only great for printing, but also a fun way for kids to get creative by decorating the images however they desire. Children can use crayons, markers, colored pencils, gel pens, etc. to color in their books.
There are two different books, with one book being a more simple version of the other. This one is aimed at younger children, while the more in-depth one is aimed at older children. Extra pages for children to write on could also be added, after reading books and researching more on this topic.
This printable pack comes in black and white only.
History Lessons for Kids
Check out one of or MANY engaging, Free history lessons for kids
- Explore American History for kids including lots of fun, hands on activities and free printables
- Dive into Mesopotamia History to learn about Gilgamesh
- 4 week lesson about Early Explorers for Kids
- Learn about castles, knights, and more in this exciting Middle Ages for Kids
- Make a teepee, dig for arrowheads, color our printable books and more in this Native Americans for Kids lessons
- The Colonial America for Kids lesson takes kids on a journey back to the first permanent settlement in America – Jamestown. Students will learn about colonial life with lots of hands on projects like eating Gruel, making a Wattle & Daub house, and creating a tin lantern will make the settlement come alive.
- We will make westward expansion for kids come alive for kids as they learn facts about the time period from about 1783-1898. In addition to learning about the Oregon trail, pony express, gold rush, transcontinental railroad, students will also learn to match animal trails, map the united states, and learn about North American animals too.
- Civil War for Kids – students will learn about slavery, famous Americans from the Civil War, famous battles, and how our nation stayed together. Lesson includes printable worksheets, mapping activities, printable civil war board game and more!
- Learn about US States for Kids – state coloring pages, president coloring pages, state report forms, states and capital printables, and so much more!
- Pennant History Posters to see US History At-a-Glance
- Learn about the Roaring 1920s for Kids – Printable Book to Read, Color, and Learn
- Rosa Parks for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Martin Luther King Jr for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Titanic for Kids Reader to Color and Learn
- Learn about the Roaring 1920s for Kids – Printable Book to Read, Color, and Learn
- 1930s for Kids – Printable Book about the Golden age of Hollywood, Great Depression for Kids and more to read, color, and learn
- Life in the 1940s America for Kids Reader
- Anne Frank for Kids Printable Reader to read, color, and learn about this Jewish girl who lived behind the wall in Holland during World War 2
- 1950s for Kids Reader to Color, Learn and read about what life was like in America in 1950
- Life in the 1960s for Kids Printable book to read, color and learn about life in the 1960s
- Learn about platform shoes, disco, the beginning of Star Wars and more with this 1970s for kids Reader
- 1980s for kids Reader to read, color, and learn!
- 1990s for Kids Printable Reader filled with information about fashion, technology, Presidents, and more!
- Learn about life for early 2000s Kids with these american history printables to read, color, and learn!
- Review what you’ve leanred with these American History Worksheets (Notebooking)
United States Lesson for Kids
Help children learn about the great country of the United States with these free printables and resources:
- Free Presidents of the United States for Kids
- Cute, Free Printable State Coloring Pages
- Printable USA Presidents Coloring Pages
- Voting for Kids – How Americans elect a new president
- Free Presidents Worksheets – Learn about all the American presidents
- US States I Spy Worksheets
- Help kids understand where do I live with this clever printable activity
- Learn about American symbols with these Patriotic American Symbols for Kids
- United States I Spy Worksheets
- How much do you know about USA for Kids? Color the flag, look at a map, discover famous landmarks like the statue of liberty,and more!
- American Symbols Worksheets
- Fireworks Patriotic Craft
- 50 States Worksheets
Geography for Kids
- Grab this realistic looking Free Printable Passport for Kids
- Free Printable Maps including world map, continents, and country maps with and without labeling
- Ready to dive more in depth? Check out Country Study for Kids – look at 16 countries around the world up close
- Kids can research to learn about other countries with these country worksheets.
- Around the World I Spy Worksheets – learn about 36 countries
- Use Lego to explore famous landmarks in countries for kids
- Research and learn with these free Children around the World Worksheets
- Roll into Geography – Printable Geography Games
- Geography Treasure Hunt Activity
- Landforms Worksheets pdf free
- Snap Geography Games for Kids
- Read, Color and Learn about other countries with FREE country studies including: Vietnam For Kids and Greece for Kids and Peru for Kids and Kenya for Kids and Israel for Kids, plus many more!
- You can find all our FREE printable country coloring pages covering over 36 different nations – or jump right to Spain Coloring Pages, China Coloring Pages, Italy Coloring Pages, Chile Coloring Pages, Germany Coloring Pages, and Costa Rica Coloring Pages
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (to share please direct others to this post to download their own set) For classroom use please purchase a licensed version here.
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
>> 2000s Reader <<
>> 2000s Reader – SIMPLE <<