Whether you are diving into a history lessons for kids about the first world war in your classroom, a world war one unit in your homeschool, or area parent learning about world war 2 for kids – this WW2 for kids readers is filled with interesting facts about World War Two for kids for children to read, color, and learn! Use this free printable World War 2 worksheet is handy to use with preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, and 5th grade students. Simply print the World war 2 coloring pages and you are ready to read, colour, and learn!
World War 2 for Kids
What do your kids know about the Second World War? Learning about history is important so we learn from the mistakes of the past. This World War 2 for kids printable allows kids to read, color, and learn some fascinating facts about ww2 for kids while getting an idea of the common sights of the time period. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this low-prep activity for helping students learn about The War against Hitler. One of the easiest ways to help kids learn and remember is to have them read and study. This reader is a great introduction to World War II.
World War II began on September 1, 1939 and lasted until September 2, 1945. With over 30 countries taking part in the war, it also became known as the Total War. Aircraft took on an important role during World War II. Bombers were one of the three major types of planes used. The other two were fighters and transport planes. Fighter planes were fast and agile planes that were designed to be used in air-to-air combat. Transport planes were used to transport soldiers and supplies all around the world. Bomber planes were able to fly long distances and were used to take out large targets. They often came with machine gun turrets which they would use as protection, fighting off enemy fighter planes. Submarines are large ships that can travel underwater. During the war, submarines used diesel engines which helped them to move quickly while above the water. For traveling under water, they used electric powered motors which had a short life span, so the time they could stay under was limited. German submarines were know as U boats. The main weapon used by submarines is the torpedo. These torpedoes can carry up to 500 pounds of TNT.
Facts about WW2 for kids
These mini books contain one cover page that children can decorate their own. After this, there are multiple pages all about World War II to add behind this. While reading these books, children will learn about:
- The start of the War
- Sherman Tanks
- Field Guns
- Colditz Castle
- Aircraft Carriers
- Field Hospitals
- Ration Books
- Pearl Harbor
- My Thoughts
WW2 for kids
These two printable books are completely in blackline which is not only great for printing, but also a fun way for kids to get creative by decorating the images however they desire. Children can use crayons, markers, colored pencils, gel pens, etc. to color in their books.
On December 7, 1941, Japanese airplanes made a surprise attack on the U.S. Navy in Pearl Harbor. Before this attack, the war had been raging in Europe and Asia for a couple of years. At this stage, the United States had not joined in the war. This attack on the island of O’ahu in Hawaii, destroyed many ships and killed many soldiers. The following day, the U.S. declared war on Japan. Three days after this, Japan’s allies declared war on the United States.
World War 2 worksheet
There are two different books, with one book being a more simple version of the other. This one is aimed at younger children, while the more in-depth one is aimed at older children. Extra pages for children to write on could also be added, after reading books and researching more on this topic.
During the Second World War, many items, including food, were of short supply. Due to these shortages, the government established a rationing system that distributed items, such as sugar, meat, oil and canned goods, fairly. To purchase items, a person had to hand over the matching ration stamp from their ration book. Once they had used up all their stamps for the month, they couldn’t buy any more of that food.
This printable pack comes in black and white only.
History Lessons for Kids
Check out one of or MANY engaging, Free history lessons for kids or go to American History for kids including lots of fun, hands on activities and free printables
- Digging into World History Curriculum for the whole family to learn together!
- Dive into Mesopotamia History to learn about Gilgamesh
- Learn about Ancient Egypt Activities, crafts, lessons, worksheets, ancient egypt free printables, and more!
- Ancient Civlizations of MesoAmerica: Who Were the Ancient Maya People Readers, Inca Facts Reader, and Aztecs for Kids Reader
- 4 week lesson about Early Explorers for Kids
- Learn about castles, knights, and more in this exciting Middle Ages for Kids
- Make a teepee, dig for arrowheads, color our printable books and more in this Native Americans for Kids lessons
- The Colonial America for Kids lesson takes kids on a journey back to the first permanent settlement in America – Jamestown. Students will learn about colonial life with lots of hands on projects like eating Gruel, making a Wattle & Daub house, and creating a tin lantern will make the settlement come alive.
- We will make westward expansion for kids come alive for kids as they learn facts about the time period from about 1783-1898. In addition to learning about the Oregon trail, pony express, gold rush, transcontinental railroad, students will also learn to match animal trails, map the united states, and learn about North American animals too.
- Civil War for Kids – students will learn about slavery, famous Americans from the Civil War, famous battles, and how our nation stayed together. Lesson includes printable worksheets, mapping activities, printable civil war board game and more!
- Famous Explorers for Kids Reader – discovering America
- Jamestown Color & Read Jamestown worksheeds pdf
- Revolutionary War Reader – american revolutionary easy reading
- Read, Color & Learn War of 1812 worksheet pdf
- Westward Expansion Reader westward expansion worksheet pdf
- Pennant History Posters to see US History At-a-Glance
- Titanic for Kids Reader to Color and Learn
- World War 1 Coloring Pages to color, read, and learn
- Learn about the Roaring 1920s for Kids – Printable Book to Read, Color, and Learn
- 1930s for Kids – Printable Book about the Golden age of Hollywood, Great Depression for Kids and more to read, color, and learn
- Life in the 1940s America for Kids Reader
- WW2 Printables to read, color, and learn about World War 2
- Learn about the trading of goods that began in 1941 with this Columbian Exchange for Kids printable reader.
- Anne Frank Facts for Kids Printable Reader to read, color, and learn about this Jewish girl who lived behind the wall in Holland during World War 2
- 1950s for Kids Reader to Color, Learn and read about what life was like in America in 1950
- Rosa Parks Worksheets pdf – Free Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Martin Luther King Jr for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Life in the 1960s for Kids Printable book to read, color and learn about life in the 1960s
- Learn about platform shoes, disco, the beginning of Star Wars and more with this 1970s for kids Reader
- 1980s for Kids Printable American History Reader
- 1990s for Kids Printable Reader filled with information about fashion, technology, Presidents, and more!
- Learn about life for early 2000s Kids with these american history printables to read, color, and learn!
- Review what you’ve leanred with these American History Worksheets (Notebooking)
Geography for Kids
Looking for more resources and free worksheets to teach students about geography for kids? You will love these coloring sheets, printable maps, books, activities and games:
- Grab this realistic looking Free Printable Passport for Kids
- Free Printable Maps including world map, continents, and country maps with and without labeling
- Ready to dive more in depth? Check out Country Study for Kids – look at 16 countries around the world up close
- Kids can research to learn about other countries with these country worksheets.
- Around the World I Spy Worksheets – learn about 36 countries
- Use Lego to explore famous landmarks in countries for kids
- Research and learn with these free Children around the World Worksheets
- Roll into Geography – Printable Geography Games
- Geography Treasure Hunt Activity
- Landforms Worksheets pdf free
- Snap Geography Games for Kids
- Read, Color and Learn about other countries with FREE country studies including: Vietnam For Kids and Greece for Kids and Peru for Kids and Kenya for Kids and Israel for Kids, plus many more!
- You can find all our FREE printable country coloring pages covering over 36 different nations – or jump right to Spain Coloring Pages, China Coloring Pages, Italy Coloring Pages, Chile Coloring Pages, Germany Coloring Pages, and Costa Rica Coloring Pages
United States Lesson for Kids
Help children learn about the great country of the United States with these free printables and resources:
- Free Presidents of the United States for Kids
- Cute, Free Printable State Coloring Pages
- Printable USA Presidents Coloring Pages
- Voting for Kids – How Americans elect a new president
- Free Presidents Worksheets – Learn about all the American presidents
- US States I Spy Worksheets
- Help kids understand where do I live with this clever printable activity
- Learn about American symbols with these Patriotic American Symbols for Kids
- United States I Spy Worksheets
- How much do you know about USA for Kids? Color the flag, look at a map, discover famous landmarks like the statue of liberty,and more!
- American Symbols Worksheets
- Fireworks Patriotic Craft
- 50 States Worksheets
- State Animals USA Printables Scavenger Hunt
- United States Scavenger Hunt of State Birds
- FREE USA State Flowers Scavenger Hunt Printables for Kids
World war 2 coloring pages
By dusing resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
Leave a Reply