Learn there is so much more to the fascinating Native Americans for kids than just what is depicted in old Indians movies. Our fun history lessons for kids will help preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th graders about Indians of North America with these fun, hands on history lessons. These native american lessons for kids include engaging native american activities, native american crafts, plus download pdf file with Native American Printables and worksheets to learn about various native american tribes for kids.
Native Americans for Kids
Are you looking for some fun, engaging, and intersting Native Americans for kids lessons? Children are fascinated by the original inhabitatns of the New World. Perhaps it is all the old Cowboys & Indians movies that are floating around or the idea of an untamed America where buffalo roam and tribes take care of one another while living in harmony with nature. Whatever the reason, it is wonderful to be able to teach History lessons for Kids when they are already naturally interested in the topic! Elementary age kids from preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade, 5 and grade 6 students will dive into the rich, interesting culture of various native american tribes each week. Each week students will look at tribes from a different area. Learn how each tribe’s customs and how they lived are very different. These native american lesson plan include native american games for kids to make history come alive!
The Woodland Tribes lived in the woods up and down the east coast stretching from the Atlantic Ocean towards the middle of America. Find out how archaeological digs help us get clues to the past, make an arrow with an arrowhead stone, try a friendship dance, and even make corn husk dolls if you like.
Included are black and white mini-books with lots of information about the Iroquois and Powhatan tribes for kids to read, color, and learn as well as comparison worksheets and mapping.
Once the Comanche Plains Tribes roamed roamed all over the plains of central America. They were nomadic, following the buffalo. This week you will make an epic history project your kids will remember forever! We will show you how to easily and inexpensively make a PVC tent that you can decorate just like the plains tribes did. Then, print off your weekly free printables to learn more about the tribes who called the American plains home.
This week learn about the Southwest Tribes of the Navajo and Hopi tribes who lived in the southwest part of the United States. If you get a chance, visit the cliff dwellings in Mesa Verde. Not only will it help you understand this rich culture better, but it is an amazing experience I highly recommend!
This week make Indian fry bread, weave baskets (in a very clever, kid friendly way), and continue making printable native american mini books.
This week venture up to the northwest corner of the United States to learn about the Pacific Northwest Native American Tribes. Kids will be fascinated by how different life, habits, and customs were for these tribes compared to last week’s southwest tribes!
This week you will read some wonderful books and make a fun totem pole craft (printable included).
Seminole and REVIEW
Last, but not least, you will take a peak at the Seminole tribe that lived it what is now Florida and then do some review to see how much your students remember. Students will love making the seminole bead necklaces to make this unique tribe come alive.Depending on where you live, check out your local history museum to see if they have exhibits about how the Native Americans who are from your area lived. This is such a great way to make history come alive to kids!
Typical tribe mini books are included along with mapping exercises and review worksheets for kids to review what they’ve learned.
History Lessons for Kids
Our fun, hands-on and engaging homeschool history include not only clever activities to make history fun and memorable, but FREE printable worksheets and games too!
- Mesopotamia History – learn about he cradle of civilization while making costumes, recipes, maps, their own wheeled transport replica, play the royal game of Ur, make raised reliefs, practice cuniform in clay, and construct their own zigurats!
- Early Explorers contains activities and printables to relive the adventures of early explorers for kids as they become a viking with Leif Erickson, sale around the world with Magellan, head to China with Marco Polo, discover the New World with Columbus, and more! (plus Leif Erikson for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn)
- Middle Ages for Kids. Build your own Medieval Castle, learn about the science of a catapult, dye silk, make peasant bread, find out the important roles of knights, make a bow and arrow, learn the origin of pretzels, making illuminated manuscripts, make artwork with egg paint and weaving simple tapestries .
- Native Americans for Kids – explore various tribes as you create free printable book, make PVC tent, totem poles, Indian fry bread, husk dolls, recreate an archeological dig with arrow heads, and more!
- Colonial America for Kids takes kids on a journey back to the first settlers in America – eat Gruel, makea Wattle & Daub house, create a tin lantern, write with a quill, make simple Johnny Cakes, make you own marbles, create traditional silhouette art projects, and more.
- American Revolution for Kids. In 4 units your students will learn what events lead up to the American Revolutionand famous figures will making dragon pistols, roll their own cartridges, working spy cipher, cold feet activity.
- What was the Westward Expanion? Hisotyr comes alive as they learn about the oregon trail, pony express, gold rush, transcontinental railroad, and more with printables and activities like making a covered wagon, homemade crackers, how to square dance, pan for gold, and make a railroad project.
- Civil War for Kids We have recommendations for mapping and visiting famous battle sights nearby, printable civil war board game, make an informative emergent reader, create a flip book or people students should know, and complete some free printable Civil War worksheets.
- United States for Kids – we have worksheets, games, state coloring pages and more to make learning about the USA fun!
- Learn about the Children of the World and the countries they live in with our handy, FREE resources: country readers, map of the world for kids to print and label, a printable countries of the world coloring book.
- Rosa Parks for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- 1950s for Kids Reader to Color, Learn and read about what life was like in America in 1950
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin homeschooling for free? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, grade 1 worksheets, second grade worksheets and more for K12. Plus see our history lesson plans, free math games, english worksheets, sight words activities, alphabet worksheets, and cvc word games for kids of all ages!