Learn there is so much more to the fascinating Native Americans for kids than just what is depicted in old Indians movies. Our fun history lessons for kids will help preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th graders about Indians of North America with these fun, hands on history lessons. These native american lessons for kids include engaging native american activities, native american crafts, plus print pdf file with Native American Printables and worksheets to learn about various native american tribes for kids.
Native Americans for Kids
Are you looking for some fun, engaging, and intersting Native Americans for kids lessons? Children are fascinated by the original inhabitatns of the New World. Perhaps it is all the old Cowboys & Indians movies that are floating around or the idea of an untamed America where buffalo roam and tribes take care of one another while living in harmony with nature. Whatever the reason, it is wonderful to be able to teach History lessons for Kids when they are already naturally interested in the topic! Elementary age kids from preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade, 5 and grade 6 students will dive into the rich, interesting culture of various native american tribes each week. Each week students will look at tribes from a different area. Learn how each tribe’s customs and how they lived are very different. These native american lesson plan include native american games for kids to make history come alive!
The Woodland Tribes lived in the woods up and down the east coast stretching from the Atlantic Ocean towards the middle of America. Find out how archaeological digs help us get clues to the past, make an arrow with an arrowhead stone, try a friendship dance, and even make corn husk dolls if you like.
Included are black and white mini-books with lots of information about the Iroquois and Powhatan tribes for kids to read, color, and learn as well as comparison worksheets and mapping.
Once the Comanche Plains Tribes roamed roamed all over the plains of central America. They were nomadic, following the buffalo. This week you will make an epic history project your kids will remember forever! We will show you how to easily and inexpensively make a PVC tent that you can decorate just like the plains tribes did. Then, print off your weekly free printables to learn more about the tribes who called the American plains home.
This week learn about the Southwest Tribes of the Navajo and Hopi tribes who lived in the southwest part of the United States. If you get a chance, visit the cliff dwellings in Mesa Verde. Not only will it help you understand this rich culture better, but it is an amazing experience I highly recommend!
This week make Indian fry bread, weave baskets (in a very clever, kid friendly way), and continue making printable native american mini books.
This week venture up to the northwest corner of the United States to learn about the Pacific Northwest Native American Tribes. Kids will be fascinated by how different life, habits, and customs were for these tribes compared to last week’s southwest tribes!
This week you will read some wonderful books and make a fun totem pole craft (printable included).
Seminole and REVIEW
Last, but not least, you will take a peak at the Seminole tribe that lived it what is now Florida and then do some review to see how much your students remember. Students will love making the seminole bead necklaces to make this unique tribe come alive.Depending on where you live, check out your local history museum to see if they have exhibits about how the Native Americans who are from your area lived. This is such a great way to make history come alive to kids!
Typical tribe mini books are included along with mapping exercises and review worksheets for kids to review what they’ve learned.
History Lessons for Kids
Check out one of or MANY engaging, Free history lessons for kids
- Explore American History for kids including lots of fun, hands on activities and free printables
- Dive into Mesopotamia History to learn about Gilgamesh
- 4 week lesson about Early Explorers for Kids
- Learn about castles, knights, and more in this exciting Middle Ages for Kids
- Make a teepee, dig for arrowheads, color our printable books and more in this Native Americans for Kids lessons
- The Colonial America for Kids lesson takes kids on a journey back to the first permanent settlement in America – Jamestown. Students will learn about colonial life with lots of hands on projects like eating Gruel, making a Wattle & Daub house, and creating a tin lantern will make the settlement come alive.
- We will make westward expansion for kids come alive for kids as they learn facts about the time period from about 1783-1898. In addition to learning about the Oregon trail, pony express, gold rush, transcontinental railroad, students will also learn to match animal trails, map the united states, and learn about North American animals too.
- Civil War for Kids – students will learn about slavery, famous Americans from the Civil War, famous battles, and how our nation stayed together. Lesson includes printable worksheets, mapping activities, printable civil war board game and more!
- Learn about US States for Kids – state coloring pages, president coloring pages, state report forms, states and capital printables, and so much more!
- Pennant History Posters to see US History At-a-Glance
- Learn about the Roaring 1920s for Kids – Printable Book to Read, Color, and Learn
- Rosa Parks for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Martin Luther King Jr for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Titanic for Kids Reader to Color and Learn
- Learn about the Roaring 1920s for Kids – Printable Book to Read, Color, and Learn
- 1930s for Kids – Printable Book about the Golden age of Hollywood, Great Depression for Kids and more to read, color, and learn
- Life in the 1940s America for Kids Reader
- Anne Frank for Kids Printable Reader to read, color, and learn about this Jewish girl who lived behind the wall in Holland during World War 2
- 1950s for Kids Reader to Color, Learn and read about what life was like in America in 1950
- Life in the 1960s for Kids Printable book to read, color and learn about life in the 1960s
- Learn about platform shoes, disco, the beginning of Star Wars and more with this 1970s for kids Reader
- 1980s for kids Reader to read, color, and learn!
- 1990s for Kids Printable Reader filled with information about fashion, technology, Presidents, and more!
- Learn about life for early 2000s Kids with these american history printables to read, color, and learn!
- Review what you’ve leanred with these American History Worksheets (Notebooking)
Geography for Kids
- Grab this realistic looking Free Printable Passport for Kids
- Free Printable Maps including world map, continents, and country maps with and without labeling
- Ready to dive more in depth? Check out Country Study for Kids – look at 16 countries around the world up close
- Kids can research to learn about other countries with these country worksheets.
- Around the World I Spy Worksheets – learn about 36 countries
- Use Lego to explore famous landmarks in countries for kids
- Research and learn with these free Children around the World Worksheets
- Roll into Geography – Printable Geography Games
- Geography Treasure Hunt Activity
- Landforms Worksheets pdf free
- Snap Geography Games for Kids
- Read, Color and Learn about other countries with FREE country studies including: Vietnam For Kids and Greece for Kids and Peru for Kids and Kenya for Kids and Israel for Kids, plus many more!
- You can find all our FREE printable country coloring pages covering over 36 different nations – or jump right to Spain Coloring Pages, China Coloring Pages, Italy Coloring Pages, Chile Coloring Pages, Germany Coloring Pages, and Costa Rica Coloring Pages
United States Lesson for Kids
Help children learn about the great country of the United States with these free printables and resources:
- Free Presidents of the United States for Kids
- Cute, Free Printable State Coloring Pages
- Printable USA Presidents Coloring Pages
- Voting for Kids – How Americans elect a new president
- Free Presidents Worksheets – Learn about all the American presidents
- US States I Spy Worksheets
- Help kids understand where do I live with this clever printable activity
- Learn about American symbols with these Patriotic American Symbols for Kids
- United States I Spy Worksheets
- How much do you know about USA for Kids? Color the flag, look at a map, discover famous landmarks like the statue of liberty,and more!
- American Symbols Worksheets
- Fireworks Patriotic Craft
- 50 States Worksheets
- State Animals USA Printables Scavenger Hunt
- United States Scavenger Hunt of State Birds
- FREE USA State Flowers Scavenger Hunt Printables for Kids
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin your free homeschool? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE Printable Worksheets including resources for: pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, 1st grade worksheets, 2nd grade worksheets, 3rd grade worksheets, 4th grade worksheets, 5th grade worksheets, 6th grade worksheets, and more. Plus see our history lessons for kids, hands-on countries for kids, printable math games, language arts worksheets, sight word worksheets, free alphabet printables, and cvc word activities for kids of all ages!