Make learning about the Civil War for kids not only enaging, but memorable with these civil war activities. From NO PREP civil war worksheets to fun civil war games – we have lots of civil war printables to make learning about american history for kids fun! Kids will especially love the civil war games to review what they have learned. These resources are such a fun and FREE way to teach american history for kids from kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, 6th grade, 7th grade, and 8th grade students too.
Civil War for Kids
While the Civil War deals with some hard issues, it is an important period of history for Americans to study. Students will learn about slavery, famous Americans from the Civil War, famous battles, and how our nation stood together. Because of the strides made during the Civil War, slavery would be abolished, women would get the right to vote, and we would begin becoming a UNITED people. This civil war for kids lesson helps kids learn a lot of important civil war facts for kids while keeping kids engage with civil war activities. In addition to the popular civil war worksheets, don’t miss the outrageously fun, free printable civil war game.
Civil War Activities
Unlike our other history units that include a week-by-week lesson, I’ve included resources below. Because of the content, this is not a one-size-fits-all history lesson. Grab the resources you like and dive into as much as your child is ready for. We have free civil war worksheets and civil war activity ideas for kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students.
Civil War Coloring Pages
To start out with, grab this reader to learn facts about the civil war. You can print it in color or colour your own pages and make a book out of these Civil War Coloring Pages . This read, color, and learn is a great introduction to this period of us history for kids!
People of the Civil War
Students will be fascinated to learn about these famous figured from this intense time in our American History such as Jefferson Davis, Rober E Lee, Clara Barton, Harriet Tubman, Abraham Lincoln, and more. You can print this People of the Civil War flip book in color or black and white.
Civil War Worksheets
Finally, assess what kids have learned about The Civil War with thes free printable Civil War Worksheets that review key people, battles, vocabulary, terms, and ideas of the Civil War for kids.
Civil War Games
Help kids learn about the Civil War while playing this fun, low prep, Civil War Game that can be printed in color or black and white. This free civil war game is a great way for kid sto learn with a fun american history game for kids of all ages!
Online Civil War Resources
- Civil War in 4 Minutes (3rd-8th)
- Interactive Civil War Battles Map for Kids
- Civil War in 7 Minutes (for 6-8th)
- Gettysburg Address Video
- Civil war Battlefields
Recommended Civil War Books for Kids
Grab some of these wonderful civil war books to emmerse yourself in the period of history!
History Lessons for Kids
Our fun, hands-on and engaging homeschool history include not only clever activities to make history fun and memorable, but FREE printable worksheets and games too!
- Mesopotamia History – learn about he cradle of civilization while making costumes, recipes, maps, their own wheeled transport replica, play the royal game of Ur, make raised reliefs, practice cuniform in clay, and construct their own zigurats!
Early Explorers contains activities and printables to relive the adventures of early explorers for kids as they become a viking with Leif Erickson, sale around the world with Magellan, head to China with Marco Polo, discover the New World with Columbus, and more! (plus Leif Erikson for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn)
- Middle Ages for Kids. Build your own Medieval Castle, learn about the science of a catapult, dye silk, make peasant bread, find out the important roles of knights, make a bow and arrow, learn the origin of pretzels, making illuminated manuscripts, make artwork with egg paint and weaving simple tapestries .
- Native Americans for Kids – explore various tribes as you create free printable book, make PVC tent, totem poles, Indian fry bread, husk dolls, recreate an archeological dig with arrow heads, and more!
- Colonial America for Kids takes kids on a journey back to the first settlers in America – eat Gruel, makea Wattle & Daub house, create a tin lantern, write with a quill, make simple Johnny Cakes, make you own marbles, create traditional silhouette art projects, and more.
American Revolution for Kids. In 4 units your students will learn what events lead up to the American Revolutionand famous figures will making dragon pistols, roll their own cartridges, working spy cipher, cold feet activity.
- What was the Westward Expanion? Hisotyr comes alive as they learn about the oregon trail, pony express, gold rush, transcontinental railroad, and more with printables and activities like making a covered wagon, homemade crackers, how to square dance, pan for gold, and make a railroad project.
- Civil War for Kids We have recommendations for mapping and visiting famous battle sights nearby, printable civil war board game, make an informative emergent reader, create a flip book or people students should know, and complete some free printable Civil War worksheets.
- United States for Kids – we have worksheets, games, state coloring pages and more to make learning about the USA fun!
- Learn about the Children of the World and the countries they live in with our handy, FREE resources: country readers, map of the world for kids to print and label, a printable countries of the world coloring book.
- Rosa Parks for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Martin Luther King Jr for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Titanic for Kids Reader to Color and Learn
- Learn about the Roaring 1920s for Kids – Printable Book to Read, Color, and Learn
- 1930s for Kids – Printable Book about the Golden age of Hollywood, Great Depression for Kids and more to read, color, and learn
- 1950s for Kids Reader to Color, Learn and read about what life was like in America in 1950
United States Lesson for Kids
Help children learn about the great country of the United States with these free printables and resources:
- Free Presidents of the United States for Kids
- Printable USA Presidents Coloring Pages
- Voting for Kids – How Americans elect a new president
- Free Presidents Worksheets – Learn about all the American presidents
- US States I Spy Worksheets
- Painters Tape American Flag Craft
- US State Symbols Mats
- American Revolution for Kids
- Printable Maps for Kids
- American Symbols Worksheets
- Fireworks Patriotic Craft
- 50 States Worksheets
- Super CUTE, Free State Coloring Pages
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin homeschooling for free? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, grade 1 worksheets, second grade worksheets and more for K12. Plus see our history lesson plans, free math games, english worksheets, sight words activities, alphabet worksheets, and cvc word games for kids of all ages!