Teach about the civil war for kids with this printable civil war activity. Students in first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, 6th grade, and 7th grade will learn lots of civil war facts for kids as they comlete this famous people in the civil war flip book. Simply download pdf file with civil war worksheets to make learning about people of the civil war FUN with a printable mini book.
Civil War for Kids
Civil war worksheets
Famous people in the civil war
This fun and informative People of the Civil War can be printed in either color or black and white. If you print the famous people of the civil war in black and white, students can use crayons, markers, or colored pencils to colour the clipart images.
Now, just cut along the solid lines, stack up lining up at the top, and staple on the staple marks.
Civil War Facts for Kids
This famous people during the civil war book gives a simple illustration and information about the following eight famous people in the civil war:
- William Sherman
- Stonewall Jackson
- Ulysses S. Grant
- Jefferson Davis
- Robert E. Lee
- Clara Barton
- Harriet Tubman
- Abraham Lincoln
Civil War Activities
- Civil War for Kids Printable Book to color, read, and learn
- Famous People in the Civil War Flip Book
- Free Civil War Worksheets
- Civil War Games for Kids
Recommended Civil War Books for Kids
Here are some of our favorite books on the civil war for kids! They approach the period of history from different perspective and storytelling techniques to help kids get excited about learning.
- I Survived the Battle of Gettysburg, 1863
- Spies of the Civil War: An Interactive Espionage Adventure
- Civil War On Sunday
- Time For Kids: Clara Barton
- At Battle in the Civil War: An Interactive Battlefield Adventure
- You Wouldn’t Want to Be a Civil War Soldier!
- The Mystery at Fort Sumter
- The Mystery on the Underground Railroad
- Escape North! The Story of Harriet Tubman
- Sweet Clara and the Freedom Quilt
- Who Was Abraham Lincoln?
- Robert E. Lee: Young Confederate
- What Was the Battle of Gettysburg?
American History for Kids
- Native Americans for Kids – explore various tribes as you create free printable book, make PVC tent, totem poles, Indian fry bread, husk dolls, recreate an archeological dig with arrow heads, and more!
- Colonial America for Kids takes kids on a journey back to the first settlers in America – eat Gruel, make a Wattle & Daub house, create a tin lantern, write with a quill, make simple Johnny Cakes, make you own marbles, create traditional silhouette art projects, and more.
- American Revolution for Kids. In 4 units your students will learn what events lead up to the American Revolution and famous figures will making dragon pistols, roll their own cartridges, working spy cipher, cold feet activity.
- What was the Westward Expanion? History comes alive as they learn about the Oregon trail, pony express, gold rush, transcontinental railroad, and more with printables and activities like making a covered wagon, homemade crackers, how to square dance, pan for gold, and make a railroad project.
- Civil War for Kids We have recommendations for mapping and visiting famous battle sights nearby, printable civil war board game, make an informative emergent reader, create a flip book or people students should know, and complete some free printable Civil War worksheets.
- Learn about US States for Kids – state coloring pages, president coloring pages, state report forms, states and capital printables, and so much more!
- Learn about the Roaring 1920s for Kids – Printable Book to Read, Color, and Learn
- Rosa Parks for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Martin Luther King Jr for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- 1950s for Kids Reader to Color, Learn and read about what life was like in America in 1950
Download People of the Civil War Flapbook
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (to use in a coop or classroom please purchase a classroom licensed edition here TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles #94836, EduClips, The Enlightened Elephant, MelonHeadz
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!