You will love the simple beauty of Peppermint Candy Ornaments for kids to make this holiday season. These easy Christmas Craft Ornaments use this traditional holiday candy to make beautiful ornament crafts that are edible too. These Christmas ornaments for kids to make are perfect for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students to make this December. So grab a handful of red and white or red, green, and white hard candy to make some pretty peppermint ornaments.
Peppermint Candy Ornaments
This simple Christmas Ornament Craft is one you can whip up in no time with just one ingredient – Peppermint candies! My kids loved filling our metal cookie cutters with these simple, easy to find mints and were AMAZED at the results we got. Make these peppermint ornaments with your toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1 elementary age kids for a fun, easy Christmas Craft for kids.
Christmas ornaments for kids to make
These DIY ornaments couldn’t be easier to make! Let me show you how to make peppermint candy ornaments. You can use either the red and white or the green, red, and white peppermint candies. Unwrap candies as you need them.
On a parchment paper lined cookie sheet, I lightly greased the inside of several metal cookie cutters and pancake molds with butter. Then we put as many peppermint candies in each cookie cutter as fit. They will spread so don’t worry about the blank spaces.
Note: The pancake molds were the easiest to use as they had a nice handle that I could pull on to pop them out, but either work fine.
Cook the oven save cookie cutters/pancake molds filled with candy at 350 F for 5 minutes or so. Watch them carefully for the desired look. Remove from the oven and the them cool a minute or two so the candy starts to harden. Then carefully pull off cookie cutter. These peppermint Christmas ornaments are so pretty and can be made into so many different shapes!
Note: You can use a hot glue gun to attach an ornament hook, but if you prefer to make a hole, just poke a hole in the candy as soon as it comes out of the oven and continue to keep the hole open until the candy hardens. Now you can easily hang your peppermint candy Christmas ornaments.
Ornament Craft Ideas
Looking for more fun and easy ornament crafts to make with your kids in December. You will love these ideas:
- Gorgeous Melted Crayon Ornaments
- Peppermint Candy Ornaments
- Easy Melted Crayon Ornaments to use up small crayon pieces
- Snowman Handprint Ornament
- Gingerbread Pirates Craft Ornament
- Puffy Gingerbread Ornament Recipe
- Stick Christmas Tree Craft
- Paper Strip Easy Ornament Craft
- Cute Christmas Bell Craft
- Star Christmas ornament crafts for kids
- Plastic Cup Snowman Ornament
- 200 Christmas Crafts and Activities
- Easy Melted Bead Ornaments
- Simple, I Spy Name Ornaments
- Colorful Pom Pom Ornaments
- Candy Cane Puzzle Piece Ornaments
- Fizzy Ornaments Christmas Science Experiments
- 31 Fun December Activities for Kids
Christmas Worksheets for Kids
- Magical How to Grow a Candy Cane Activity
- Polar Express Worksheets
- Free December Writing Prompts
- Alphabet Gingerbread Printables
- Count to 20 Christmas Playdough Mats
- Free Elf on the Shelf Printables
- Christmas BINGO Printable Game
- Christmas Around the World Worksheets for Kids
- Sight Word Christmas Coloring Pages
- Free Gingerbread Math Puzzles
- Grinch Worksheets
- Christmas Printables Word Family Activity