Making practicing addition to make 10 fun and easy with these making 10 with ten frames activity. These ten frame worksheets are a great way for pre-k and kindergarten age students to grasp making 10 on a ten frame! Students will use this ten frame printable with circle stickers or do-a-dot markers to make learning FUN! Simply print pdf file with ten frames worksheets and you are ready to play and learn kindergarten math!
Making 10 worksheets
Making 10 is an important skill that kindergarteners and grade 1 students are asked to learn and then memorize. This making 10 with ten frames math activity is a great way to reinforce and explain the concept of adding on to make 10. We use these ten frame worksheets with dot markers to make them extra fun for early learners. Children will dab away as they are making 10 on a ten frame.
Ten frames are great for visual learners. Researchers such as Van de Walle and Bobis developed this concept to help children develop number sense especially with the reference of tens. As children see dots on ten frames it helps them begin to visualize the value of the number and its relationship to 10. This is why teaching children to add to 10 using 10 frames is very helpful.
For example, once a child recognizes what seven looks like on a ten frame, they can easily see that there are three empty spaces. Now it is easy for them to notice that 3 and 7 together make 10. Now, all we have to do is introduce them to equations, and help our littles one be able to write out 7 + 3 = 10. It is a fun, and hands-on way to teach adding to 10.
Ten frame worksheets
Making 10 worksheets pdf
This 10 frame printable is a fun way for kids to practice addition within 10. Kids will use the ten frame on each of the ten frame worksheets to add up the equation on the page. This is a great visual for kindergarten math.
There is almost no prep-work for this free printable Ten Frame Worksheets. Simply print off enough pages for each of your students. Next, grab bingo daubers (also called bingo markers), circle stickers, or markers and you are ready for some fun, hands on 10 frame math.
Making 10 with ten frames
There are two variations of making 10:
The first variation has dots already on the ten frames. The children then use their Do -A – Dot to fill in all the rest of the ten frame and then create an equation.
In this example, there were already 3 dots. The child completed the ten frame by making 7 dots. Now they can easily see that the 3 + 7 = 10 and can write the equation in the blanks.
10 frame printables for kindergarten
In this variation, only the equation is provided. Children use two colors of Do- A – Dot markers to fill in the ten frames so that represents the equation.
In this example, the equation is 6 + 4 = 10. The child used yellow to make six dots, and purple to make four dots. Now they have modeled 6 + 4 = 10.
Ten frame addition worksheets pdf
I hope these printables help your children learn and begin to memorize the number the make 10.
Learning all the different combos to make 10 is important….and I hope these fun dot pages make it fun for your child!
Making Ten Worksheet
- This ten frame games uses magnets for a fantastic visual!
- Dinosaur ten frame printable addition activity
- Looking for a seasonal activity, try this Christmas Math Task Cards using a ten frame
- In the fall use this hands-on ten frame apple activities for kindergarten
- Celebrate winter with this Snowman Printable ten frame clip card set
- Cute Valentines Day Math Love Monster Ten Frame
- Your llama llama fan will love using this ten frame counting worksheets
- Get buzzing with this Bee Ten Frame Math
- Making 10 with Ten Frames Worksheets
- Count to 20 on a ten frame using these summer playdough counting mats
- Kids will go nuts over this Grilling up ten Frame Activities
- Fruit Loop Ten Frame Activities for Preschoolers
- Simple Ten Frame Template Printable activity with playdough
- Marshmallow ten frame activities
- Summer Lemonade Stand ten frame printable
Math Activities for Kindergarten
Looking for more early math activities to make learning to count, add, shapes, and more FUN? Check out these free resources:
- Hoppy Frog Math Game (addition within 10 and addition to 20)
- Goldfish Kindergarten Subtraction Games
- Blowing Bubble Math Worksheets
- Smores Free Kindergarten Math Worksheets
- Hands-on Estimation for Kindergarten Activity
- Snowball Sorting Odd and Even Math Activities
- Bug Measuring Kindergarten Worksheets
- Roll to 100 Counting Game
- Flower Shape Kindergarten Math Crafts
- Kids will have fun as they color and learn with these Ordinal Number Worksheets
- Spring Kite Skip Counting Craft
- Pirate I Spy Worksheets
- Engaging, Reusable Kindergarten Math Worksheets pdf
Do a Dot Free Printables
- Do a dot printables numbers – fun worksheet to practice counting to 12 and using a ten frame
- Letter Recognition Do a Dot Printables
- Beginning sounds worksheets – fun phonics activity with Bingo Markers
- Christmas Math Worksheets – reveal hidden pictures as you complete addition problems
- Fun and Free SHAPE Do a Dot Printables
- Spring Themed Do a Dot Worksheets Free Printable to work on learning color words
- FUN Bingo Dauber Alphabet Printables
- Farm Bingo Marker do a dot printables numbers
- Addition Tic-Tac-Toe – free printable Math Game using dot markers
- Solve and Stamp Addition and Subtraction Worksheets
- Turkey Matching Game for working on color recognition
- Simple Alphabet Bingo Dauber Worksheets
- Roll and Dot Christmas Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Robot Alphabet Do a Dot Worksheet Free Printable
- CVC Maze Do a Dot Printables
- Airplane Rhyming Dot Marker Printables
- Cooking Up Rhymes Do a Dot Printables
- Apple Alphabet Do a Dot Printables
- Landforms for Kids Do a Dot Printables
- Endangered Animals dot marker printables
- Free Pumpkin Printables with bingo daubers
- Making 10 with Ten Frames Worksheets
- Silent E Worksheets with do a dot markers
- Free Calendar Dot marker printables
- Star Wars Multiples Worskheets with dot markers
- Do a Dot Ending Blends Worksheets
- St Patricks Day Math Worksheets with bingo markers
- Cute Snow Globe Alphabet Do a Dot Printables
Making 10 on a ten frame worksheet
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
Leave a Reply