This adorable blends game is a fun way to help kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students listen for and identifying initial blends in words. This blends games has a fun spring and summer theme with cute bees to keep kids engaged! Use this low-prep blends matching game is gret for improving literacy skills in young learners. Simply download pdf file with beginning blends worksheets
Are you looking for a fun way for young readers to work on listening for initial blends in words to improve literacy? This fun beginning blends games is a grea way to sneak in practice with consonant blends such as consonant l blends and consonant r blends, and initial s blends. Add this bee printable to your next insect theme or summer theme to make learning FUN with kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students. This bug activity for kids is such an engaging consonant blends games where studnets match the cute clipart with the beginning blend.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this initial blends activities! Use this phonics game at home, at a literacy center in the classroom, or as a supplement to your homeschool phonics curriculum.
Beginning Blends Worksheets
Print out each of the pages in this pack on cardstock. I suggest laminating them for durability. Then, cut the cards apart. I like to use a paper cutter, because it makes cutting the cards quick and easy. When you’re done, you’ll have nineteen sets of matching cards and an answer key.
This matching game is designed to help your young learners focus on initial blends. Each flower patch card features an initial blend:
- consonant l blends – BL, CL, FL, GL, PL, SL
- consonant r blends – BR, CR, DR, FR, GR, PR, TR
- initial s blends – SC, SK, SN, SP, ST, SW
Each bee card features an image that starts with one of the initial blends featured. There are two cards for each blend.
Separate the image cards from the letter cards. Have your preschooler name each image paying close attention to the initial blend.
Initial blends activities
Once they’ve identified the blend on each bee card, have them find the flower card that represents that initial blend sound.
To make this activity self-correcting, place small stickers on the back of each set of inital blends matching cards. Use a separate sticker for each set. Then, your child can turn the cards over to see if they have correctly matched the image and the blend.
- Cut-and-Paste Trigraphs Worksheets
- Color and Read Book with Trigraphs List for practicing trigraphs pr, squ, and str
- Free Readers to Color and Read MORE words from Trigraphs List
- thr words Playdough Mats
- Hot Cocoa Phonics makes fun winter activities for kindergarten
- Phonics Beginning Sounds Worksheets are a NO prep kindergarten worksheets to improve phonics skills.
- Christmas Phonics by making a Christmas trees by putting together words with the same beginning sounds.
- TH Worksheets – re-usable activity to help kids work on th sounds
- Mitten Beginning Sounds Matching is a fun Winter Activities for Kindergarten –
- Spring activities Kindergarten for working on consonant blends with digraph blends
- Ice Cream Themed Digraph kindergarten summer activities – sneak in some summer learning to improve reading skills with these cute, educational puzzles.
- Clip Cards are a fun Consonant blends activities – help kids learn to combine letters to make digraph sounds
- Spring Initial Blends Worksheets – super cute activity for helping kids master blends
- Graph a blends activities for 2nd graders – fun combination of math and language arts
- Color by blend worksheet – this is a fun way for kids to practice learning blends
- Consonant Blend Cluster Spelling Mats – hands on activity learning blends
- Kindergarten Word Families Sliders – help kids practice sounding out blends in words with this fun, transportation themed reading activity for early readers.
- Reading and Writing qu words Worksheets
First Grade Printables
If you have a 1st grader and you are looking for more fun, hands on grade 1 worksheets, games and activities to make learning fun – you will love these resources!
- Over 5000+ pages of 1st grade Worksheets
- 100 Books 1st Graders can Read Themselves with free 1st grade reading books pdf
- Lots of fun Chapter Books for 1st Graders wth free printable list
- Free Book Report Template to print and use with any book
- Free Cut and Paste Worksheets make learning FUN!
- Solar System Worksheets Pack
- Free Sight Words Printable List
- 1st Grade Word Search Printable
- Free Printable 1st grade math worksheets to print and practice
- Gumball Math Worksheets to practice addition & subtraction
- EPIC, Life-size Human Body Project with free printable template
- 1st Grade Reading Games – Reading the Easy Way 1st Grade
- Fun, hands-on Counting Coins Games
- Over 500 pages of FREE Kindergarten Writing Prompts
- Cut and Paste Sentence Scramble Worksheets
- Princess Color by Sight Word Worksheets
- Free Telling Time Puzzles make learning to use a clock FUN
- HUGE 250+ page Unit with activities, experiments, information, and Ocean Animal Worksheets
- Discover 16 amazing places around the world with these Country worksheets Study
- Crack the Code Worksheets for practicing math while having fun
- Learn about Animal printables with these free printable cootie catchers
- Fun, hands-on History Lessons for kids
- Lots of 1st Grade Science Projects
- Over 1+ million pages of Free Printable Worksheets
Initial Blends Worksheets
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!