This adorable blends game is a fun way to help kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students listen for and identifying initial blends in words. This blends games has a fun spring and summer theme with cute bees to keep kids engaged! Use this low-prep blends matching game is gret for improving literacy skills in young learners. Simply download pdf file with beginning blends worksheets
Are you looking for a fun way for young readers to work on listening for initial blends in words to improve literacy? This fun beginning blends games is a grea way to sneak in practice with consonant blends such as consonant l blends and consonant r blends, and initial s blends. Add this bee printable to your next insect theme or summer theme to make learning FUN with kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students. This bug activity for kids is such an engaging consonant blends games where studnets match the cute clipart with the beginning blend.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this initial blends activities! Use this phonics game at home, at a literacy center in the classroom, or as a supplement to your homeschool phonics curriculum.
Beginning Blends Worksheets
Print out each of the pages in this pack on cardstock. I suggest laminating them for durability. Then, cut the cards apart. I like to use a paper cutter, because it makes cutting the cards quick and easy. When you’re done, you’ll have nineteen sets of matching cards and an answer key.
This matching game is designed to help your young learners focus on initial blends. Each flower patch card features an initial blend:
- consonant l blends – BL, CL, FL, GL, PL, SL
- consonant r blends – BR, CR, DR, FR, GR, PR, TR
- initial s blends – SC, SK, SN, SP, ST, SW
Each bee card features an image that starts with one of the initial blends featured. There are two cards for each blend.
Separate the image cards from the letter cards. Have your preschooler name each image paying close attention to the initial blend.
Initial blends activities
Once they’ve identified the blend on each bee card, have them find the flower card that represents that initial blend sound.
To make this activity self-correcting, place small stickers on the back of each set of inital blends matching cards. Use a separate sticker for each set. Then, your child can turn the cards over to see if they have correctly matched the image and the blend.
Looking for more blends activities for young learners? You will love these resources:
- Final Consonant Ending Blends Games
- Practice Consonant Blends with cute printable puzzles
- Slide and Read Blends Activity
- Beginning Blends Fall Activities for 1st Grade
- Blue Bird Sorting Blends Activity
- Read and Color Ending Blends Worksheets
- Mitten Initial Blends Winter Activities for 1st Grade
- Initial Blends Matching Game for kids
- Do a Dot Ending Blends Worksheet
- Ending Blends Bingo Dauber Worksheets
- Ch, Sh, Th Digraph Game
- Read and Clip Consonant Blends Activities
- Handy L Blends Worksheets with magenetic letters
- Graph a Blends Activities for 2nd graders
- Floss Rule Worksheets
- Free Printable Color by Blend Worksheet
- Ending S Blends Clip Cards
- Printable nk Ending Blends Clip Cards
- NG Words for Kids Game
- BIngo Dabber ng and nk worksheets
- Th Worksheets – Read th blends in sentences
- R Controlled Vowel Worksheets
- Free printable Blends Worksheets with dot markers
- See all of our blends activities here
First Grade Printables
If you have a 1st grader and you are looking for more fun, hands on grade 1 worksheets, games and activities to make learning fun – you will love these resources!
- Over 5000+ pages of 1st grade Worksheets
- 100 Books 1st Graders can Read Themselves with free 1st grade reading books pdf
- Lots of fun Chapter Books for 1st Graders wth free printable list
- Free Book Report Template to print and use with any book
- Free Cut and Paste Worksheets make learning FUN!
- Solar System Worksheets Pack
- Free Sight Words Printable List
- 1st Grade Word Search Printable
- Free Printable 1st grade math worksheets to print and practice
- Gumball Math Worksheets to practice addition & subtraction
- EPIC, Life-size Human Body Project with free printable template
- 1st Grade Reading Games – Reading the Easy Way 1st Grade
- Fun, hands-on Counting Coins Games
- Over 500 pages of FREE Kindergarten Writing Prompts
- Cut and Paste Sentence Scramble Worksheets
- Princess Color by Sight Word Worksheets
- Free Telling Time Puzzles make learning to use a clock FUN
- HUGE 250+ page Unit with activities, experiments, information, and Ocean Animal Worksheets
- Discover 16 amazing places around the world with these Country worksheets Study
- Crack the Code Worksheets for practicing math while having fun
- Learn about Animal printables with these free printable cootie catchers
- Fun, hands-on History Lessons for kids
- Lots of 1st Grade Science Projects
- Over 1+ million pages of Free Printable Worksheets
Initial Blends Worksheets
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!