Help first graders practice with s blends using these fun, FREE Printable on Ending Blends themed Do a Dot Printables.
Teaching a child to read can be so much fun, and there are so many other ways to work on reading than being in a book (Though that is very important.)
There are reading games, clip cards, worksheets and so much more that drill in the lesson you are teaching. And today we have a Do-A-Dot worksheet that focuses on ending s blends.
Children will see a picture, see the first few letters of the word, and then dot the correct ending. All the endings will either be “sp”, “st”, or “sk”.
S Blends Worksheet
I love activities that require little or no prep-work, and this is one of them. Start by scrolling to the bottom of the post and click on the text link that says >> Download <<. The pdf file will open in a new window for you to save the freebie. Now print the free first grade worksheet in black line so you can save on link.
Now grab Do-A-Dot markers (also called bingo markers, bingo daubers, do a dot markers, etc) in your favorite colors and you are ready to improve reading fluency with grade 1 students.
Ending blends Worksheet
Before jumping into these worksheets, the children need to be exposed to the s blends. There are many different ways you could do this. My favorite is having them practice spelling them with magnetic letters. You could do picture sorts, and have them sort pictures into “SP’, “SK” and “SP” categorizes. Or grab some clip cards have them practice reading these words before they try out the ending s blend worksheet.
Whatever you do, your goal is to have your children recognizing the sound that each “S blend” makes.
Ending S Blend Worksheet
Now it is time for fun….finding the correct s blend.
- First, have your child say the word the picture represents. (vest)
- Then, sound out the letters in the next box. (vvvvv, eeee)
- Now, ask what s blend they should use to spell the words. (st)
- For the fun part, they get to dot that circle with the Do-A-Dot markers.
- Finally, if they are able, have them write the correct s blend on the blank lines.
And that is it. Your kiddos get to practice reading, spelling and saying “s blends” with this simple worksheet.
Looking for more blends activities for young learners? You will love these resources:
- Ending Blends Game
- Ending Blends Worksheets
- Ch, Sh, Th Digraph Game
- L Blends Worksheets
- Floss Rule Worksheets
- S Blends Clip Cards
- Th Worksheets
- R Controlled Vowel Worksheets
- Plus, don’t miss all 300,000+ pages of our 1st grade worksheets and games!
Do a Dot Free Printables
- Do a dot printables numbers – fun worksheet to practice counting to 12 and using a ten frame
- Letter Recognition Do a Dot Printables
- Beginning sounds worksheets – fun phonics activity with Bingo Markers
- Christmas Math Worksheets – reveal hidden pictures as you complete addition problems
- Fun and Free SHAPE Do a Dot Printables
- Spring Themed Do a Dot Worksheets Free Printable to work on learning color words
- FUN Bingo Dauber Alphabet Printables
- Farm Bingo Marker do a dot printables numbers
- Addition Tic-Tac-Toe – free printable Math Game using dot markers
- Solve and Stamp Addition and Subtraction Worksheets
- Turkey Matching Game for working on color recognition
- Simple Alphabet Bingo Dauber Worksheets
- Roll and Dot Christmas Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Robot Alphabet Do a Dot Worksheet Free Printable
- CVC Maze Do a Dot Printables
- Airplane Rhyming Dot Marker Printables
- Cooking Up Rhymes Do a Dot Printables
- Apple Alphabet Do a Dot Printables
- Landforms for Kids Do a Dot Printables
- Endangered Animals dot marker printables
- Free Pumpkin Printables with bingo daubers
- Silent E Worksheets with do a dot markers
- Free Calendar Dot marker printables
- Star Wars Multiples Worskheets with dot markers
- Do a Dot Ending Blends Worksheets
- St Patricks Day Math Worksheets with bingo markers
- Cute Snow Globe Alphabet Do a Dot Printables
S Blends Activities
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only (to share please direct others to this post to download their own set!)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!