Practice initial blends with these fun, engaging blends worksheets where children will color by blend. This blending sounds actities is fun for kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd graders. The super cute, happy bug worksheets make this insect activity for kids loads of fun! Simply download pdf file with blending sounds worksheets and you are ready for this fun blends activity.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this Blends Color Activity which help students strengthen their fine motor skill while working on their blends and literacy skills. These free printable pages are perfect for pre k, kindergarten, preschool and grade 1,2 and 3 aged students. Use these for extra practice, at school or at home, summer learning, spring or insect or blends activity or as part of an extra activity for those who finish their other work early.
This activity includes one page for twenty different blends. This black and white activity is a fun no-prep activity, which children can decorate to their own liking after completing the activity.
Blending Sounds Activities
Children can work on a couple of the blends at a time or all of them at once, depending on their current learning ability. They can search through the pile of pages until they find the blend they want to work on. They can use do-a-dot markers or bingo markers to dot the answers. These markers are used differently than other writing utensils and make a complete circle when used. When kids are using these dot markers, they are strengthening their hand eye coordination. The point is to get the dot in the center of the circle.
You could also laminate the pages and children could use pom poms, mini erasers or small candies to cover the correct answers.
Blending Sounds Worksheets
The blends in this pack include:
- bl blends worksheet
- cl blends worksheet
- fl blends worksheet
- gl blends worksheet
- pl blends worksheet
- sl blends worksheet
- br blends worksheet
- cr blends worksheet
- dr blends worksheet
- fr blends worksheet
- gr blends worksheet
- pr blends worksheet
- tr blends worksheet
- sc blends worksheet
- sk blends worksheet
- sm blends worksheet
- sn blends worksheet
- sp blends worksheet
- st blends worksheet
- sw blends worksheet
- TH Worksheets – re-usable activity to help kids work on th sounds
- Mitten Beginning Sounds Matching is a fun Winter Activities for Kindergarten –
- Spring activities Kindergarten for working on consonant blends with digraph blends
- Spelling ch and tch Worksheets for 1st Graders
- Bug Coloring by Blends Worksheets
- Ice Cream Themed Digraph kindergarten summer activities – sneak in some summer learning to improve reading skills with these cute, educational puzzles.
- Clip Cards are a fun Consonant blends activities – help kids learn to combine letters to make digraph sounds
- Spring Initial Blends Worksheets – super cute activity for helping kids master blends
- “nk” Ending Consonant Blends Activity with clip cards
- Graph a blends activities for 2nd graders – fun combination of math and language arts
- Color by blend worksheet – this is a fun way for kids to practice learning blends
- Consonant Blend Cluster Spelling Mats – hands on activity learning blends
- Kindergarten Word Families Sliders – help kids practice sounding out blends in words with this fun, transportation themed reading activity for early readers.
- L Blends Clip Cards, S Blends Clip Cards, R Blend Clip Cards
- Reading and Writing qu words Worksheets
- Cut-and-Paste Trigraphs Worksheets
- Color and Read Book with Trigraphs List for practicing trigraphs pr, squ, and str
- Free Readers to Color and Read MORE words from Trigraphs List
- thr words Playdough Mats
- Hot Cocoa Phonics makes fun winter activities for kindergarten
- Phonics Beginning Sounds Worksheets are a NO prep kindergarten worksheets to improve phonics skills.
- Christmas Phonics by making a Christmas trees by putting together words with the same beginning sounds.
If are looking for more bug activities for preschoolers, toddlers, and kindergartners – including lots of free insect printables, you will love these FREE resources:
- Bug Sight Word Game is a simple-to-play way to practice sight words with preschool, kindergarten, and first grade students
- FUN Spider Slime Recipe
- Fun, hands-on Spiders for Kids Activities
- All About Worm Worksheets
- Ladybug Life Cycle Worksheet Pages
- Coloring by Blends Bug Worksheets
- Free Spider LIfe Cycle WOrksheets
- Bee Preschool Counting Game
- Lots of fun, hands-on learning ideas in this Bug THeme
- Bee and Insect Theme for Preschoolers
- SUPER cute Spider Counting Activity with Playdough Mats
- Fun, Insect Telling Time Puzzle
- Catch 20 Bug Counting Game for Pre-k and Kindergarten
- Ladybug Addition Math Game for Kindergartners and Grade 1 students
- Bug Sight Word Reader – children will cut and paste sentences, color the insect coloring pages, and practice reading sight words
- Free Printable, Simple Bug Coloring Pages for kids
- Practice Letters A-Z with these Free Printable Insect Worksheets
Do a Dot Printables
- Alphabet Find a Letter Do a Dot Printables
- Fish Letter Find Do a Dot Printables
- Shape Do a Dot Printables
- Coloring by Blends Do a Dot Printable Worksheets
- Do a Dot Printables Calendar
- Addition Tic-Tac-Toe Do a Dot Printables
- Telling Time Tic-Tac-Toe Do a Dot Printables
- Cooking up Rhymes Do a Dot Printables
- Bug Blends Do a Dot Printables
First Grade Printables
If you have a 1st grader and you are looking for more fun, hands on grade 1 worksheets, games and activities to make learning fun – you will love these resources!
- Over 5000+ pages of 1st grade Worksheets
- 100 Books 1st Graders can Read Themselves with free 1st grade reading books pdf
- Lots of fun Chapter Books for 1st Graders wth free printable list
- Free Book Report Template to print and use with any book
- Free Cut and Paste Worksheets make learning FUN!
- Solar System Worksheets Pack
- Free Sight Words Printable List
- 1st Grade Word Search Printable
- Free Printable 1st grade math worksheets to print and practice
- Gumball Math Worksheets to practice addition & subtraction
- EPIC, Life-size Human Body Project with free printable template
- 1st Grade Reading Games – Reading the Easy Way 1st Grade
- Fun, hands-on Counting Coins Games
- Over 500 pages of FREE Kindergarten Writing Prompts
- Cut and Paste Sentence Scramble Worksheets
- Princess Color by Sight Word Worksheets
- Free Telling Time Puzzles make learning to use a clock FUN
- HUGE 250+ page Unit with activities, experiments, information, and Ocean Animal Worksheets
- Discover 16 amazing places around the world with these Country worksheets Study
- Crack the Code Worksheets for practicing math while having fun
- Learn about Animal printables with these free printable cootie catchers
- Fun, hands-on History Lessons for kids
- Lots of 1st Grade Science Projects
Beginning Blends Worksheets
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!