Kids love playing and exploring in the backyard. They are fascinated by all the little critters they find. One way to extend their learning of backyard critters, is with this fun Backyard Critters Printable Pack.
Backyard Critters Printable Pack
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these 71-pages of printables to help kids practice a variety of math and literacy activities as well as many activities which help improve fine motor skills; all with a garden theme. The spring and summer bug themed activities in this fun printable pack are sure to make learning fun whether you use this as summer learning, extra practice, bug theme, center in your classroom, or another enrichment activity.
- Alphabet Cards – Cut out, laminate and use to match the lowercase and uppercase letters together. Can also be used to practice spelling beach-related words.
- Number Cards – Cut out and laminate and use to match the word to the number.
- Trace the Letters – Improve handwriting skills while learning to spell.
- 3 Part Cards – Can be used to match the words to the picture or in games such as memory. These cards can also be used together with the alphabet cards. using the alphabet cards to spell out the words.
- I Spy – Count the objects.
- Beginning Letter Sounds – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Syllable Cards – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer.
Free Preschool Printables
These pre k worksheets include a variety of fun spring and summer clipart that will engage kids including: grasshopper, bee, dragonfly, ant, ladybug, spider, frog, worm, snail, flower, mushroom, and sun.
- Counting Puzzles – Cut out, laminate and use the numbers to place the puzzles back together.
- Count and Clip Cards – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Addition Cards – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Subtraction Cards – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Size Sequencing Cards – Cut out, laminate and place in order from largest to smallest or vice versa.
- Odd One Out – Circle the object that is different.
Free Printable Preschool Worksheets
These preschool worksheets free are great for pre k, toddler, kindergarten, and grade 1. Students will practice a variety of math and literacy skills.
- What Comes Next? – Cut out and paste the answer in the correct spot.
- Finish the Patterns – Cut out and paste the answer in the correct spot.
- Coloring Activity – Color in the object using the color listed below.
- Do-A-Dot Letter Activity – Using a dot marker or bingo marker, dot out all of the correct letters.
- Dice / Graphing Activity – Cut out the dice and glue together. Roll the dice and graph each object the dice lands on.
- Creative Writing Pages – Write a story about the picture.
- Write the Numbers – Write the numbers from one to twelve.
- Bee Emotions Matching Clip Cards – Look at the picture and clip the correct matching one.
- Frog Ten Frame Mats – Cut out the mats and flies and practice counting by placing the correct number of flies in each ten frame.
For all the cards and puzzles activities, I prefer to print them out on white card stock and laminate them for durability and repetitive use. They can be kept together in zip lock bags or with binder rings. After they have been cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer.
For the frog ten frame mats, I like to laminate them as well as the flies and store them all in a large zip lock bag. Children can also use playdough, pom poms or candy instead of the flies.
Looking for more free printable themed worksheets for kids? You will love these free resources:
- Spring Themed Worksheets
- Fish Themed Worksheets
- Mouse Paint Themed Worksheets
- Pinkalicious Themed Worksheets
- Bug Printable Pack
- Butterfly Printable Pack
- Insect Tracing and Cutting Strips
- Curious George Themed Worksheets
- Jake and the Neverland Pirates Themd Worksheets
- Princess Themed Worksheets
- Super Hero Themed Worksheets
- If you Give a Mouse a Cookie Themed Worksheets
Looking for more fun, hands on spring activities for toddlers, preschoolers, prek, kindergartners, and first graders? You will love these resources:
- Spring Math Puzzles
- Carrot Shape Playdough Mats
- Rainboots Letter Tracing
- Spring Lego Challenge Cards
- Bunny Short I Puzzles
- Spring Showers Letter Matching
- Kindergarten Spring Worksheets
- 1:1 Correspondence Activity for Spring
- Farm Animals and their Homes Flip Book
- Spring Writing Prompts
- Stained Glass Craft for Kids
- Kite Alphabet Printable Craft
- Spring Craft for Kids
Download Backyard Critters Printable Pack
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.