Kids love playing and exploring in the backyard come sprint and summer; they are fascinated by all the little critters they find. One way to extend their love of exploring the backyard snails, frogs, bees, ladybugs, worms, grasshoppers, dragon friels, ants, spiders, and more is to sneak in these Fun Worksheets for Kindergarten. Chidren in preschool, pre-k, kinders, and even grade 1 students will have fun practicing math and literacy skills with engaging spring worksheets with this HUGE pack. Simply download pdf file with these bug worksheets and have fun playing and learning!
Fun Worksheets for Kindergarten
Celebrate the arrival of warmers spring and summer weather with these cute insect worksheets for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students. This HUGE, 71 page pack of fun worksheets for kindergarten are the perfect addition to your bug theme or insect theme. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these practice sheets to learn new vocabulary, counting, alphabet matching, practicing initial letter sounds, syllable counting, addition, subtraction, skip coutning, patterns, visual discrimination and more which help improve fine motor skills; all with a garden theme. The bug activities for kids in this printable pack are sure to make learning fun whether you use this as summer learning, extra practice, center in your classroom, or another enrichment activity.
Insects worksheets for kindergarten
- Alphabet Cards – Cut out, laminate and use to match the lowercase and uppercase letters together. Can also be used to practice spelling beach-related words.
- Number Cards – Cut out and laminate and use to match the word to the number.
- Trace the Letters – Improve handwriting skills while learning to spell.
- 3 Part Cards – Can be used to match the words to the picture or in games such as memory. These cards can also be used together with the alphabet cards. using the alphabet cards to spell out the words.
- I Spy – Count the objects.
- Beginning Letter Sounds – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Syllable Cards – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer.
These pre k worksheets include a variety of fun spring and summer clipart that will engage kids including: grasshopper, bee, dragonfly, ant, ladybug, spider, frog, worm, snail, flower, mushroom, and sun.
- Counting Puzzles – Cut out, laminate and use the numbers to place the puzzles back together.
- Count and Clip Cards – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Addition Cards – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Subtraction Cards – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Size Sequencing Cards – Cut out, laminate and place in order from largest to smallest or vice versa.
- Odd One Out – Circle the object that is different.
These preschool worksheets free are great for pre k, toddler, kindergarten, and grade 1. Students will practice a variety of math and literacy skills.
- What Comes Next? – Cut out and paste the answer in the correct spot.
- Finish the Patterns – Cut out and paste the answer in the correct spot.
- Coloring Activity – Color in the object using the color listed below.
- Do-A-Dot Letter Activity – Using a dot marker or bingo marker, dot out all of the correct letters.
- Dice / Graphing Activity – Cut out the dice and glue together. Roll the dice and graph each object the dice lands on.
- Creative Writing Pages – Write a story about the picture.
- Write the Numbers – Write the numbers from one to twelve.
- Bee Emotions Matching Clip Cards – Look at the picture and clip the correct matching one.
- Frog Ten Frame Mats – Cut out the mats and flies and practice counting by placing the correct number of flies in each ten frame.
For all the cards and puzzles activities, I prefer to print them out on white card stock and laminate them for durability and repetitive use. They can be kept together in zip lock bags or with binder rings. After they have been cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer.
For the frog ten frame mats, I like to laminate them as well as the flies and store them all in a large zip lock bag. Children can also use playdough, pom poms or candy instead of the flies.
Looking for more themed, free pre k worksheets? You will love these resources:
- Super cute The Very Hungry Caterpillar Printables
- Join Olaf, Anna, and Elsa with this cute Frozen Worksheets pack of worksheets for pre-k, kindergarten, and grade 1 students
- Free Superhero Worksheets featuring Superman, Batman, Spiderman, and more super hero pals to make learning fun!
- These princess worksheets are sure to help your little princess get excited about learning her ABCs and 123s.
- Of grab your frying pan to go on an adventure learning with these Rapunzel Worksheets
- If you give a mouse a cookie printable worksheets to work on a variety of early learning skills.
- Work on these Star Wars Worksheets from a galaxy far, far away
- Practice a variety of skills while learning about the life cycle of a penguin worksheets
- These free firefighter printables are a great way to learn about fire fighters while practicing other skills too
- Complete these Knights and Castles Activities in these fun pages
- The friendly guys in these Monsters Inc Printables scare because they care!
- Kids will go nuts over these prehistoric Free Dinosaur Printables
- Ahoy there! Landlubers join the crew with these Pirate Worksheets
- Preschool Construction Theme Printables are perfect for kids who love all those big construction vehicles
- Super cute Pattern Worksheets
- Stop to smell the roses with this huge pack of Flower Worksheets
- Dive into a fun period of history with these Wild West Worksheets
- Head out of this world as you learn about the solar system with these Planet Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Practice number recognition with these Animal color by number worksheets or work on counting with these Farm I Spy Printables
- Plus don’t miss these free alphabet printables
- Disney Villain Printables – Themed Kindergarten Worksheets
Looking for more fun, hands on spring activities for toddlers, preschoolers, prek, kindergartners, and first graders? You will love these resources:
- Spring Math Puzzles
- Carrot Shape Playdough Mats
- Rainboots Letter Tracing
- Spring Lego Challenge Cards
- Bunny Short I Puzzles
- Spring Showers Letter Matching
- Kindergarten Spring Worksheets
- 1:1 Correspondence Activity for Spring
- Farm Animals and their Homes Flip Book
- Spring Writing Prompts
- Stained Glass Craft for Kids
- Kite Alphabet Printable Craft
- Spring Craft for Kids
Insect activities for preschoolers
If are looking for more bug activities for preschoolers, toddlers, and kindergartners – including lots of free insect printables, you will love these FREE resources:
- Peek-a-Bug Alphabet Games – four abc games to help kids learn their ABCs, match upper and lowercase letters, and more!
- Ladybug Alphabet Matching activity for pre-k and kindergarten
- Bug Sight Word Game is a simple-to-play way to practice sight words with preschool, kindergarten, and first grade students
- I is for Inchworm insect activities including a worm observation book
- Potato Stamped Bee Craft for Kids
- FUN Spider Slime Recipe
- Fun, hands-on Spiders for Kids Activities
- All About Worm Worksheets
- Counting Bugs 1-10 Coloring Book for preschoolers
- Ladybug Life Cycle Worksheet Pages
- Free Spider LIfe of a Spider for Kids
- Bee Preschool Counting Game
- Lots of fun, hands-on learning ideas in this Bug THeme
- Bee and Insect Theme for Preschoolers
- SUPER cute Spider Counting Activity with Playdough Mats
- Fun, Insect Telling Time Puzzle
- Catch 20 Bug Counting Game for Pre-k and Kindergarten
- Ladybug Addition Math Game for Kindergartners and Grade 1 students
- Bug Sight Word Reader – children will cut and paste sentences, color the insect coloring pages, and practice reading sight words
- Free Printable, Simple Bug Coloring Pages for kids
- Practice Letters A-Z with these Free Printable Insect Worksheets
- Learn all about ants with these creative ant activities for kids
- Cute Bug Number Worksheets
- Measuring Lines of Bugs Preschool Measurement Worksheets
- Count and Clip Bugs Counting to 30 Worksheets
- Buzzing Bees Numbers 1-12 Worksheets
- I Spy Bugs Activity Sheets
- Bug Themed Alphabet FInd and Color
- FUN Backyard Critter Bug Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Ladybug Counting Mats
- Silly Worm Count to 10 with stickers
- Hands-on Spider Shape Matching Activity
Download Backyard Critters Printable Pack
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.