Whether your child is a fan of old Western movies about the wild west or you are learning about the westward expansion in American history, these super cute wild west worksheets are a fun way to sneak in some math and literacy skills! Use these wild west printables to teach toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students. The cute cowboy, cactust,horse, covered wagon, boots with spur, cowboy hat, and more on the free printable kindergarten worksheets will make children eager learners! Simply print pdf file with free preschool pages and you are ready to learn with fun themed worksheets.
Wild West Worksheets
There are over 70 pages in this HUGE pack of wild west worksheets! These themed worksheets filled with cowboys and indians make it fun for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students to practice a variety of skills with a wild west theme! From letter w worksheets to vocabulary, tracing shapes to learning colors, counting to addition, greater than / less than to skip counting – this pack has so many fun, educational activities to add to your free preschool or as free printable kindergarten worksheets. We used these in our homeschool along with our study of the Westward expansion in American History.
Preschool cowboy theme printables
There are lots of fun math activities included in this pack! Start by helping young children work on counting with the cactus count and clip activity and the hands-on, cute cactus counting mat for pre-k. Then pratice adding umbers with the cactus add it up math activity and the Going West Addition Worksheet for kindergartners.
letter w worksheets
Now let’s practice tracing both upper and lowercase letter w. Then work on letter recogition as you use a bingo dauber to find all the w is for wagon and help the cowboy lasso all the W horses. Finally, start working on identifying the sound letters make with these beginning sound worksheet pages.
Free wild west printables
Practice pre-writing skills with these tracing pages and then practice writing letters to identify the new vocabulary words like hat, saddle, cactus, and cowboy. Next cut and paste all the items in the covered wagon that the pioneer will need on their journey heading west. Draw lines to match the shape with the western object that features that shape.
My kids love these pagse where they trace the word, read it, then use letter stamps to make the word and finally write the word. The repition is great for learning to read and spell. Learn more about the route settlers took as they left from St. Louis to head towards California and Washington. Work on improving writing with these creatie writing pages. Finally, practice skip counting by 2s, 5s, and 10s with these cute skip counitng maze worksheets.
Free western printables
Make a caravan of wagons for your westward journey just like early americans with this skip counting activity. Then unscramble the sentence about families heading west. Use bingo markers to complete the picture of a western town. Finally, add the greater than, less than, or equal to sign on these cute math worksheet pages.
Wild west activities
Kids will have fun practicing identiying odd numbers with this circl the correct boot page. Make your own wagon color book to work on color recognition. Improve visual discrimination by finding what picture is different and then cut and paste to complete the pattern page.
There are truly so many fun activities in this huge wild west pack, we can’t cover them all. But hopefully that gives you an idea of what you will find in the free worksheets for kids.
Wild west activities for elementary
- Lewis and clark for kids – Start out the way with wild west did with the journey of Louis and Clark after the Lousiana Purchase in 1803.
- Oregon Trail for Kids – learn about the dangerous Oregon Trail and make a salt dough map, covered wagon model, and learn how hard life was for settlers traveling west.
- Pony Express for Kids plus the gold rush and first transcontinental rail road are just a few of the fun topics explores in this final week of our wild west for kids unit!
- Free Wild West Worksheets – over 70 pages of math and liteacy skills for kids 2-7 years old with a fun cowboy theme! Perfect to do alongside this history lesson and to keep younger siblings engaged at the same time
- Oregon Trail Skip Counting Game allows children to practice skip counting with a fun themed activity
- Westward Expansion Flip Book
- Dig in to history with this engaging, Wild West History Sensory Bin ideas
- Geography is Fun with a Salt Dough Map – learn about US geography and features as you mark the path the westward travelers too
- Westward Expansion for Kids Book to read, color, and learn!
Looking for more themed, free pre k worksheets? You will love these resources:
- Super cute The Very Hungry Caterpillar Printables
- Join Olaf, Anna, and Elsa with this cute Frozen Worksheets pack of worksheets for pre-k, kindergarten, and grade 1 students
- Free Superhero Worksheets featuring Superman, Batman, Spiderman, and more super hero pals to make learning fun!
- These princess worksheets are sure to help your little princess get excited about learning her ABCs and 123s.
- Of grab your frying pan to go on an adventure learning with these Rapunzel Worksheets
- If you give a mouse a cookie printable worksheets to work on a variety of early learning skills.
- Work on these Star Wars Worksheets from a galaxy far, far away
- Practice a variety of skills while learning about the life cycle of a penguin worksheets
- These free firefighter printables are a great way to learn about fire fighters while practicing other skills too
- Complete these Knights and Castles Activities in these fun pages
- The friendly guys in these Monsters Inc Printables scare because they care!
- Kids will go nuts over these prehistoric Free Dinosaur Printables
- Ahoy there! Landlubers join the crew with these Pirate Worksheets
- Preschool Construction Theme Printables are perfect for kids who love all those big construction vehicles
- Super cute Pattern Worksheets
- Stop to smell the roses with this huge pack of Flower Worksheets
- Dive into a fun period of history with these Wild West Worksheets
- Head out of this world as you learn about the solar system with these Planet Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Practice number recognition with these Animal color by number worksheets or work on counting with these Farm I Spy Printables
- Plus don’t miss these free alphabet printables
- Disney Villain Printables – Themed Kindergarten Worksheets
Free printable worksheets
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar Worksheets
- Monsters Inc Pre k Worksheets
- Princess Worksheets
- Minion Preschool Worksheets
- Pond Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Preschool Construction Theme Printables
- Solar System Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Zoo Animals Color by Number Worksheets
- Preschool Farm Activities Free
- Free Mouse Paint Printables
- Pre k Sight Words List and free activities to help learn preschool sight words
- Hand Washing Activities for Preschoolers
- 50+ Fun Preschool Science Experiments
- Grab some kid favorite cut and paste worksheets
- **See all of our 5000+ FREE pre k worksheets
You can find all of our 1+ million free printable worksheets for toddler-8th graders here!
Wild West for Kids
Here are some fun wild west eductaional toys, books, and resources to add to your theme!
Wild west for kids
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics purchased and used with permission from Graphos and Scrappin Doodles License #9483
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!