Kids will have fun learning with this number sense activity perfect for spring! April Showers Number sense is a fun Spring Math activity for preschool, prek, and kindergarten. Simply download the raindrops math game pdf file and you are ready to play and learn with this spring theme.
Number Sense Activities
In our neck of the woods, it’s true what they say; April showers really do bring May flowers! With this free umbrella printable springtime number sense activity, you’ll have plenty of fun waiting for those spring showers to pass. Recently, we’ve been working a bit on recognizing and associating numerals and number words as well as finding various ways to make numbers this printable number sense activity is the perfect way to practice all of those for numbers 1-10. Use this spring math with preschoolers and kindergartners. This spring math activities for kindergarten is a fun, hands-on way to practice the different ways numbers can be represented – fingers, dice, tally marks, numeral, ten frame, and number word.
Raindrops math game
To use this April showers printable set, simply download the umbrella and raindrop pieces and cut them out. To make them a bit more durable, either print the pages off on card stock or laminate the pieces before using them with your preschooler.
Within the download, you’ll find ten different umbrellas, each one containing a number word for numbers 1-10. Also included are ten sets of five raindrops that correspond with the numbers printed on the umbrellas so that once your child has matched all of the pieces, each umbrella will have five matching raindrops.
With the pieces your child will practice matching not only the numeral to the number word, but also counting tally marks, ten frames, the dots on dice, and fingers.
Number sense activities preschoolers
If you use this spring math activities for preschoolers just choose one or two of the raindrop sets to have them match to the umbrellas rather than matching all five.
Number sense activities kindergarten
To use this spring math activities for kindergarten or for those pre-k children have already mastered this activity, increase the difficulty level by turning it into addition or subtraction practice.
While working on sums to 10, pick two different raindrops (with different numbers) and have your child add them together and match them with the correct umbrella.
Get more practice with over 100 FUN number sense activities
Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Pretty Cherry Blossom Craft for Spring
- Simple Windsock Craft for kids
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Rainy Day Crafts for Kids
- EASY ink pad spring crafts for toddlers
- EDIBLE, Peeps Playdough Recipe
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- Make your own yummy milk Rainbow Toast
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Plant a Number Line to 10 Math activity for pre-k and kindergarten
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Silly Grass Head Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Rainbow Hand Art Projects for St Patricks Day
- Looking for more fun color activities for kids don’t miss these 37 Colorful Activities for Kids
- Super clever, bubble wrap rain craft
- Wow! Over 100 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Stunning, Easy Stained Glass Art for Kids
- Kids will go nuts over this painting with cars rainbow project
- Amazing Bubble Painting process art project for kids
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- Egg Drop Challenge with marshmallows!
- You’ve got to try this Lego Balloon Car
- Make a popsicle stick catapult
- Colorful Polymer Chemistry Experiment
- MUST try capillary action experiment
- Lego DIY Zipline for your backyard
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
- Pop Rocks Experiment kids will LOVE!
- How to Grow Rainbow Crystals EASILY at Home – Spring Science Activity
- Beautiful Rainbow Slime Activity for Kids
Looking for some fun, educational spring theme ideas to make learning fun this April and May? Check out these fun resources:
- Cute, free printable Flower Shape Craft for kids
- Match the Rhyming Words – a fun Spring Activities for Kindergarten
- Flower Rhyming Words Worksheet
- Sunflower Alphabet Matching
- Flower Mazes – Free Printable Sight Word Worksheets
- Pretty Flower Name of Number Puzzles
- F is for Flower Handprint Craft
- Count to 20 Spring Playdough Mats
- Rainbow Shape Playdough Mats
- Spring Do a Dot Printables
- Flower Letter Matching Printable
- Grow a Plant Sequencing Worksheets
- Fun Spring Flower SIght Word Game
- Spring Jelly Bean Egg One to One Correspondence Activities
- Super cute Carrot Shape Playdough Mats for Spring
- Count the Bunny Number Flashcards
- Rainbow Color Matching Game
- Practice adding numbers with this free printable Spring Addition Matching Game
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printables Ten Frame Math Activity
- Birds on a Branch Alphabet Matching Game
- Practice making shapes with these flower playdough mats
- Spring Flower Counting Games for Preschoolers
- Grab these cute Spring Printables Sudoku Puzzles for kids
- Seed Find the Letter Worksheets
- Frog Alphabet Game Matching Printable
- Kite Beginning Sound Activities printable craft for spring
- Print and GO Spring Scavenger Hunt
- Spring Step by Step Drawings
- Practice reading with this Spring sight word cut and paste reader
- Worm Worksheets Pack
- Spring Telling Time Worksheets
- Digraphy Activity to improve reading and spelling skills with these spring puzzles
- Cute Blubird Soring Blends Activity for first and second graders.
- LOTS of fun PLANTS arts and crafts for preschool and kindergartners
Number sense worksheets
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.