This bubble art is such a pretty and fun art project! Kids are going to have a blast blowing to make colorful bubbles from dish soap that will turn into unique, interesting, and memorable bubble art for kids. This Bubble Painting is a MUST TRY summer activities for kids from preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and elementary age kids from first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, and up! All you need are a few simple materials to try this EPIC painting bubbles!
Bubble art for kids
After the long, dreary winter kids are tired of being cooped up. They are ready to get outside and PLAY! We are all about making sure kids have lots of time to free play during the summer. Kids are scheduled enough during the school year – they don’t need to be running from one scheduled event to the other! Between summer camps, art classes, swimming lessons, Vacation Bible School, and other fun activities – kids don’t have time to use their imaginations and be creative. This bubble art is such a fun way to let kids play, create, and have fun with an outrageously FUN summer activity for kids!
I do think that kids benefit immensly from having one new activity or idea each day. This allows them to try something different, experiment with a new concept, and play with a purpose. This fun bubble art for kids is more than just a fun summer activity for kids – it is a chance for kids to make big, crazy bubbles. It is the chance to make beautiful, bold, colorful summer art projects. They will watch colors mix and expand so that they can see every color in the rainbow. Plus it is a chance to be outside, explore their creativity, and be kids while they are still young. This bubble paint art is a fun bubble activity for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarteners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students! This bubbles painting is a MUST TRY activity you will want to add to your summer bucket list!
This bubble painting is just as fun to make as it is to look at as a finished product. Kids will love that this art project is to be done outside – where you don’t mind having crazy bubbles oozing out of the side of a bowl, where the overflowing colors won’t chance staining your carpet of floors. We suggest doing this project on a patio, driveway, or grassy surface when the weather has warmed up.
Fill a non breakable bowl with several Tablespoons of any brand of dish detergent and add water. We suggest using a hose to add water because it is easy AND it will start getting the solution all bubbly saving you some time so your children can focus on making the unique bubbles and color mixing.
Hint: Big shallow dishes work best; we like to use plastic, Tupperware, metal mixing bowls, buckets, sand toys, etc.
Bubble painting for kids
Use plastic straws (or several straws taped together) to blow air into the bubble solution to get even more bubbles in your bow. Move the straw(s) around to add bubbles of various heights and densities to your mixture. Toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartens especially seem to enjoy this silly, messy part. This part can take as long or go as quickly as you want it to go. This is process art so depending on what your child does, his art project will look different.
Hint: Make a small hole in the straw so that younger kids wouldn’t accidentally suck up the mixture.
Bubble art preschool
Now squirt in some washable liquid water color or food coloring and continue to blow bubbles. This will allow the colors to mix and blend. Look at the different shades of blue we have just adding in one color. The more you blow and make bubbles the more the colors will mix and morph together. Try making some art prints with just one colors. It is a prety monochromatic piece of art.
Bubble art painting
Now its time to make your bubble painting. Lay a piece of paper on top of the bubbles. Lift up in 5-10 seconds to discover a fun, interesting, and unique piece of artwork. You can press it more than once if you like, but having the white space in between bubbles makes it look really cool.
Lay it on a table indoors to dry so it doesn’t blow away.
Bubble art projects
Continue making more bubbles by blowing in the straw and adding more colors to mix up the look. No to bubble artwork pieces will look the same as the colors are constantly mixing to create new derivations of themselves. Even several imprints of the same colorful bubbles will turn out differently!
Then empty out your bowl and start over with different colors to make a totally different composition.
Bubble paint art
The bubble prints you can make are only limited only by your creativity! Try different variations of colors (red, orange, yellow, pink, blue, purple, green) and sizes of bubbles (large, small, multiple) by using one straw or more. So many beautiful art projects for kids to make. Simply stunning!
When your artwork has dried, I suggest stacking them and putting them under a heavy book to flatten the papers – they will probably have morphed a little from being wet. We hang our artwork on the wall, use it to make beautiful cards, save it as one-of-a-kind DIY wrapping paper, cut it apart to make paper chains to count down until vacation, make beautiful hearts or butterflies out of the paper to decorate our walls and windows, etc. The uses are endless!
Looking for more fun, creative ways to paint with bubbles? Check out these FUN ideas!
- Bubble Painting by blowing bubbles
- Slime Bubbles
- How to make bubbles – makes HUGE bubbles!
- Easy Bubble Experiment for Preschoolers
- Beautiful Bubble Art for Kids
- Foam Bubble Painting Art for Kids
- DIY Foam Paint for Kids
- EASY Science Activities for Preschoolers
- Baking Soda Slime
- Watermelon Slime Activity
- Printable Road Shapes Activity
- Glow in the Dark Fairy Jar
- Color Changing FLowers Experiment
- Painting with Cars
- Easy-to-Make Balloon Hovercraft
- Super Cool Scribble Draw Bot
- Edible Peanut Butter Playdough
- Egg Shell DIY Chia Pet Craft – Silly Spring / Summer Activities for Kids
- Grass Head Craft for Kids
- EASY Stained Glass Pasta Art for Kids
- Race Track Pool Noodle Activity
- Starry Night Project with Tin Foil
- Blow GIANT bubbles with this Homemade Bubble Solution
- DIY Foosball Table
- Lots of fantastic Books for Preschoolers
- 30 Fun June Crafts for Kids
- Must try Lego Zipline
- Fizzy Planets Solar System Project
- Free Printable Doctor Pretend Play
Looking for more outdoor activities for kids and things to do in the summer? Your toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and elementary age kids will love these fun ideas to keep them busy all summer long:
- Marshmallow Shooters – go over 30 feet!
- Lemon Volcano is a fun Summer Experiment for kids of all ages
- Silly Bandaid Art Craft for kids
- 2 ingredient Easy Slime Recipe
- Epic Squirt Gun Painting
- Super Simple Sand Slime
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – it’s super EASY!
- Kids will no nuts over this simple Pop Rock Experiment
- Leak Proof Bag – Amazing Science Experiment with Everyday Materials
- Mind-Blowing Magnetic Slime for Kids
- Water Balloon Experiment – exploring densit with an EPIC summer activity for kids
- Amazing Bubble Painting
- Mind Blowing Color Changing Playdough
Free Beach Printables
Looking for more summer beach themed printable worksheets and activities for kids? You will love these free resources:
- Free I Spy Beach Printable
- Sandcastle Math Subraction Craft
- Summer Beach Coloring Pages
- Lots of Beach Worksheets to practice a variety of math and literacy skills
- Sandcastle Activities – Count & Trace Worksheets
- Free Printable Summer preschool math worksheets
- Seashell Summer Letter Maching Printable
- Practice counting and tracing with these cute Sandcastle Number Tracing
- Letter Tracing Sandcastle Printable
- Summer Worksheets for Preschool
These pages will allow you to get in some low-prep practice with a variety of math from telling time, counting, writing numbers, number recognition, and more!
- Crab Preschool Summer Math Worksheets
- Ice Cream Math Worksheets
- Summer Math Puzzle Worksheets
- Garden theme Telling Time Worksheets pdf free
- Kindergarten Summer Math Worksheets
- Free Printable Summer Scavenger Hunt
- Summer Printable Activity Sheets
- Hands-on Summer Skip Counting Puzzles
- Fun Summer Activity Sheets
- Preschool Number Coloring Pages for Summer
- Summer Kindergarten Worksheets to work on math
- Pool Summer Worksheets Preschool
Camping & Smores Printables
- Smore Kindergarten Math Worksheets
- Math Camping Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Free Camping Tracing Worksheets
- Smore Complete Sentence Game
- Pratical Advice and Tips for Camping with Kids
- 10 Campfire Games to play around the fire
- Smore Skip Counting Activities
- Camping Worksheets to work on math and literacy skills with kindergartners
- Camping Theme for a weeks worth of educational activities for kids of all ages
- Smores Rhyming Words Activity
- Counting camping math activities for preschoolers
- Printable Marshmallow Template Ten Frame Activity
- Name Recognition Camping Craft Preschool
Summer worksheets for kindergarten
Looking for more fun, summer theme educational activities for prek and kinders? Check out these free summer printables!
- Summer alphabet picture puzzles
- Pail and Shovel Summer Alphabet Letter Game for Summer
- Summer Handwriting Worksheets
- Hands-on Ice Cream Compound Word Activity
- Summer Playdough Mats
- Water Gun Parts of Speach Game
- Playdough Watermelon Seed Counting Activity
- Summertime Dot Art Printables
- Cute Flip Flip Letter Matching
- Free Printable Bubble Math Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Beach Ball and Pool Writing Numbers 1-20 Kindergarten
- Summer Counting Clip Cards
- Printable Kindergarten Summer Math
- Grill and Count Summer Playdough Mats
- free printable ice cream sundae template to 20 Activity
- Pirate Number Sense Games
- Hands-on Playdough Ice Cream Patter Printable
- I Spy Ice Cream Activity SHeets
- Hot Dogs number words activities for kindergarten
- Count to 20 with these Watermelon Watermelon Seed Counting Activity
- Count to 10 vegetable counting worksheet
- Counting Animals Worksheets
- Fishing Math Craft is a fun Number Craft Activities
- Strawberry Picking Summer Rhyming Activity
- Summer Color by Number Worksheets
- Free Bubble word family sort printable
- Practice Tracing Letters with this summer themed Ice Cream Alphabet Printable
- Swimming Goggles matching upper and lowercase letters game
- Seeds Find the Letter Worksheets
- Garden Seeds Adding to 10 – Addition Games Printable
- Work on phonics skills with these alphabet popsicles beginning sound activity for summer
- Surfboard opposites game printable
- Zoo Color by Number Animals
- Summer Sun Maze Kindergarten Sight Word Worksheets
- Grab these Free Printable Summer Bookmarks and a book off our Kindergarten Book List
- Counting Firefly Math Worksheets
- Firefly Math making 10 free printable
- Watermelon Watermelon Rhyming Words
- Practice making letters with this hands-on Watermelon Printables
- Learn about the life cycle of a dreaded summer bug with Mosquito Worksheets
- Discover this helpful insect with the life cycle of a bee worksheets
- Free Plant Life Cycle Worksheets
- Learn about life cycles with these ladybug life cycle worksheet
- Practice letter tracing on these cheery summer alphabet tracing
- Work on writing with these summer writing prompts ,Build and Write Lego Writing Promtps, or these Pineapple wrting [printables.
- Summer Hat Craft Printable Template
- Bee Ten frame addition worksheets
- June Coloring Pages
- Number Sense Butterfly Math Activities for Preschoolers