This bubble art is such a pretty and fun art project! Kids are going to have a blast blowing to make colorful bubbles from dish soap that will turn into unique, interesting, and memorable bubble art for kids. This Bubble Painting is a MUST TRY summer activities for kids from preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and elementary age kids from first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, and up! All you need are a few simple materials to try this EPIC painting bubbles!
Bubble art for kids
After the long, dreary winter kids are tired of being cooped up. They are ready to get outside and PLAY! We are all about making sure kids have lots of time to free play during the summer. Kids are scheduled enough during the school year – they don’t need to be running from one scheduled event to the other! Between summer camps, art classes, swimming lessons, Vacation Bible School, and other fun activities – kids don’t have time to use their imaginations and be creative. This bubble art is such a fun way to let kids play, create, and have fun with an outrageously FUN summer activity for kids!
I do think that kids benefit immensly from having one new activity or idea each day. This allows them to try something different, experiment with a new concept, and play with a purpose. This fun bubble art for kids is more than just a fun summer activity for kids – it is a chance for kids to make big, crazy bubbles. It is the chance to make beautiful, bold, colorful summer art projects. They will watch colors mix and expand so that they can see every color in the rainbow. Plus it is a chance to be outside, explore their creativity, and be kids while they are still young. This bubble paint art is a fun bubble activity for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarteners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students! This bubbles painting is a MUST TRY activity you will want to add to your summer bucket list!
This bubble painting is just as fun to make as it is to look at as a finished product. Kids will love that this art project is to be done outside – where you don’t mind having crazy bubbles oozing out of the side of a bowl, where the overflowing colors won’t chance staining your carpet of floors. We suggest doing this project on a patio, driveway, or grassy surface when the weather has warmed up.
Fill a non breakable bowl with several Tablespoons of any brand of dish detergent and add water. We suggest using a hose to add water because it is easy AND it will start getting the solution all bubbly saving you some time so your children can focus on making the unique bubbles and color mixing.
Hint: Big shallow dishes work best; we like to use plastic, Tupperware, metal mixing bowls, buckets, sand toys, etc.
Bubble painting for kids
Use plastic straws (or several straws taped together) to blow air into the bubble solution to get even more bubbles in your bow. Move the straw(s) around to add bubbles of various heights and densities to your mixture. Toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartens especially seem to enjoy this silly, messy part. This part can take as long or go as quickly as you want it to go. This is process art so depending on what your child does, his art project will look different.
Hint: Make a small hole in the straw so that younger kids wouldn’t accidentally suck up the mixture.
Bubble art preschool
Now squirt in some washable liquid water color or food coloring and continue to blow bubbles. This will allow the colors to mix and blend. Look at the different shades of blue we have just adding in one color. The more you blow and make bubbles the more the colors will mix and morph together. Try making some art prints with just one colors. It is a prety monochromatic piece of art.
Bubble art painting
Now its time to make your bubble painting. Lay a piece of paper on top of the bubbles. Lift up in 5-10 seconds to discover a fun, interesting, and unique piece of artwork. You can press it more than once if you like, but having the white space in between bubbles makes it look really cool.
Lay it on a table indoors to dry so it doesn’t blow away.
Bubble art projects
Continue making more bubbles by blowing in the straw and adding more colors to mix up the look. No to bubble artwork pieces will look the same as the colors are constantly mixing to create new derivations of themselves. Even several imprints of the same colorful bubbles will turn out differently!
Then empty out your bowl and start over with different colors to make a totally different composition.
Bubble paint art
The bubble prints you can make are only limited only by your creativity! Try different variations of colors (red, orange, yellow, pink, blue, purple, green) and sizes of bubbles (large, small, multiple) by using one straw or more. So many beautiful art projects for kids to make. Simply stunning!
When your artwork has dried, I suggest stacking them and putting them under a heavy book to flatten the papers – they will probably have morphed a little from being wet. We hang our artwork on the wall, use it to make beautiful cards, save it as one-of-a-kind DIY wrapping paper, cut it apart to make paper chains to count down until vacation, make beautiful hearts or butterflies out of the paper to decorate our walls and windows, etc. The uses are endless!\
Fun things to do in the summer
- Outrageous Leak Proof Bag Science Experiments, Heat Sensitivie Color Changing Slime Recipe
- Summer Science Experiments and 100 Exciting Year-Round Science Experiments , How to Make a Newton’s Cradle Science Expeirment, Edible Peanut Butter Playdough, fun-to-make DIY Foosball Table, White Baking Soda Clay
- Easy Sand Volcano with NO clean-up, Mind-Blowing Magnetic Slime, Strawberry Scented Jello Playdough Recipe
- LOTS of Fun Sidewalk Chalk Games, simple Popsicle Stick Catapult project for kids, vibrant Sidewalk Chalk Paint
- Epic Squirt Gun Painting, Van Gogh Starry Night Aluminum Foil Art Project, or watermelon slime
- 107 Epic Summer Activities for Kids, 100 animal crafts, I Spy DIY Bottles are quick, easy and FUN!
- I Spy DIY Bottles are quick and easy, our favorite Ice Cream Edible Playdough,
- Lego Squishy Circuits Electricity Science Experiments, blow GIANT bubbles with this Homemade Bubble Solution
- Puffy watermelon slime, make your own pvc marshmallow gun, grow a grass house
- Bubble Painting by blowing bubbles, shaving cream butterfly crafts, 25 fun water balloon games, pretty pasta mosaic art, color changeing capillary action experiment with flowers, fun balloon rocket experiment for preschool, bee pollination experiment with jello, how to make a weather vane, Pipe cleaner constellation activities
- How to make a fairy jar,, playdough ice cream math activities for preschoolers, ten frame marshmallow template, alphabet watermelon printable activity, easy Rubber Band Powered Car, paint stick Solar System Project for Kids
- Lots of FUN 4th of july activities, delphinium flower craft, name craft camping crafts for preschoolers, lemonade summer playdough recipe, colorful capillary action experiment, and life size human body project
- Or hang out inside with this fun indoor scavenger hunt printable activity
Summer Printable Activities
- Pool trace numbers 1-20, Sun Summer Tracing Worksheets, Mazes Sight Words Worksheets pdf, Free Summer Worksheets for Kindergarten, Cute Summer Worksheets for Preschoolers, free summer lego challenge cards pdf, free numer coloring pages,
- Counting watermelon activity sheets, or skip counting puzzles, surfboard opposites games printable
- Simple Beach Coloring Pages, free printable summer activity sheets, Seashell Alphabet Matching, pool Summer Worksheets for Preschool, smore free camping math worksheets, Smore complete sentence games, squish painting sun craft, potato stamped bumble bee craft, sandcastle number tracing practice, free summer bookmarks printable
- Water Gun Parts of Speach Game, playdough watermelon seed counting activity, Summertime Dot Art Printables, free printable Beach Worksheets, cute flip flop Letter Matching, free bubble math worksheets, hands-on strawberry rhyming Activity, alphabt printable picture puzzles, free ladybug life cycle worksheet
- Summer Tracing Worksheets for preschoolers, garden Kindergarten sight Word Activities, pail and shovel Matching Letter Game, free summer playdough mats, summer addition puzzles, free summer scavenger hunt, build a sundae place value game, free i spy beach printable, mosquito worksheets, summer color by number
- Firefly preschool counting worksheets, free camping worksheets preschool, I Spy Pirate Game, Crab summer math worksheets, free ice cream math worksheets, free printable summer tracing worksheets, or summer word searches,
Hi Miss Beth,
Thank you so much for the beach theme it is very helpful and my kids love it.