If your kids love puzzles and are learning the alphabet, this alphabet matching game is for you. As preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten students work on letter matching, they need lots of practice matching upper and lowercase letters! This cute alphabet activity allow students to practice matching upperacase and lower case letters to create a picture. Simply print pdf file with Alphabet picture puzzle and you are ready to play and learn with a summer activity for kindergarten.
Alphabet picture puzzle
Alphabet matching game
Print the color or black and white pictures onto card, plus the alphabet mat. If using the black and white versions, color the picture using crayons, markers, or colored pencils. There are two summer scenes to color: kids cooling off as they splash at a water park and children playing at the beach with beach balls and building sandcastles.
Cut the pictures into small pieces and keep each puzzle in a separate, small ziploc bag. Laminate the mat and small cards for longer use if you’d like.
ABC Matching Game
Children place the alphabet mat in front of them. Taking one puzzle, lay each piece in the correct place by matching the lowercase letters on the picture pieces to the uppercase letters on the mat.
Looking to see if the picture is correct is a way for kids to self-check their work. To add more fine motor elements, use glue to attach the picture puzzle pieces to the alphabet mat. To make it easier for those starting out do half the puzzle and then ask the child to complete it, leaving out the letters they are more familiar with plus a partially completed picture which will help them finish off the puzzle.
Matching letter game
THis is not only a way to sneak ins ome fun summer learning, but a fun activity to review or learn letters A-Z with a fun summer activity for kids!
Looking for more outdoor activities for kids and things to do in the summer? Your toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and elementary age kids will love these fun ideas to keep them busy all summer long:
- Marshmallow Shooters – go over 30 feet!
- 2 ingredient Easy Slime Recipe
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – it’s super EASY!
- Kids will no nuts over this simple Pop Rock Experiment
- Handprint Strawberry Craft for Summer
- Grow Your Own Crystals
- Water Balloon Experiment – exploring densit with an EPIC summer activity for kids
- EASY, Colorful Oil and Water Science Experiment
- Kids will be amazed as you change colors of white flowers with this Dying Flowers Science Experiment
- Human Body Project
- Amazing Bubble Painting
- Mind Blowing Color Changing Playdough
- Amazing, Heat Sensitive, Color Changing Slime
Summer Activities for Kids
- Egg Shell DIY Chia Pet Craft – Silly Spring / Summer Activities for Kids
- Outrageously cool Bouncy Egg Experiment
- Rainbow Summer Activities for Preschoolers
- Grass Head Craft for Kids
- Blow GIANT bubbles with this Homemade Bubble Solution
- Outrageously FUN Bubble Painting
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Fireworks Craft
- Beautiful Flower Suncatcher Craft
- 30 Fun June Crafts for Kids
- This super cool Lego Zipline is fun and simple to make
- Exploding Watermelon – science experiment that explores potential and kinetic energy with a big WOW moment!
- Memorable Life Size Skeletal system science project – includes free printable template
- Lego Squishy Circuits Electricity Science Experiments for Kids
- Exploding Watermelon Science Experiment
- Homemade Chalk Recipe
- 75+ FUN Scavenger Hunts for Kids
- Find activities by month with our June Crafts for kids or our June Activities for Kids!
- 107 Epic Summer Activities for Kids
Ice Cream Activities
If you are looking for more ice cream activities to add to your ice cream theme of summer learning, check these out!
- AMAZING, Edible Play doh ice cream Recipe that scoops like ice creaam!
- Ice Cream Themed, Summer Bucket List Ideas
- Work on tracing letter with these free Alphabet Ice Cream Printables
- Delicious Alphabet Ice Cream Printables Puzzles to help kids practice matching upper and lowercase letters
- Check out these Alphabet Mats for your Ice Cream Theme
- Practice adding to to with these cute Make 10 Ice Cream Math
- Cute, Hands-on Number Bonds Ice Cream Activity
- Printable Digraph Activities for first grade scooping Ice Cream
- Ice Cream Compound Word Activity
Ice Cream Printables
- TONS of cute Ice Cream Craft Preschool
- Cute I Spy ice cream games for kids
- Make practicing math fun with these fun Ice Cream Math Worksheets
- Simple Ice Cream craft using washi tape for toddlers, preschoolers and kindergartners.
- Fun-to-Make, Printable Ice Cream Math Craft
- Count to 20 as you Build your Ice Cream Math Sundae
- Scoop up Ice Cream Counting Printable
- Ice Cream Math Game Book Based Activity for Kindergartners
- I is for Ice Cream handart project for kids
- Practice completing patterns with this FUN Ice Cream pattern activity for preschoolers
- Hands-on Ice Cream Shapes Playdough Mats
Plus don’t miss these popular posts from our sister sites:
- Shaped Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets
- Lots of cute, themed Free Kindergarten Worksheets
- Bingo Dauber Printables
- Printable Lowercase letter alphabet crafts
- Printable Uppercase alphabet Letter Crafts
- Cute Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Letter Recognition Worksheets with do a do markers
- Lots of free ABC Printables for preschoolers
- Free Playdough Mats to work on shapes, numbers, colors, alphabet letters, and more!
- Uppercase Letter Tracing with animal alphabet mats
- Free Color Worksheets
- Simple, free alphabet worksheets
Upper and lowercase letter match
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All materials provided on this blog is copyright protected.