Looking for a fun abc printable to help kids learn their alpahbet letters, learn vocabulary, and work on phonemic awareness. These hugely popular Printable Alphabet hats are a great way to intorduce students to the letters in the alphabet from A to Z. There is a different hat to make for each letter – perfect to go with a letter of the week program for toddlers, preschoolers, pre k, and kindergartners.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, homeschooler, daycare provider, or an involved grandparent – this preschool printable is sure to be a hit with your kids. These Alphabet Hats just happen to be one of my favorite printables I made to go along with my letters of the week program we have been working on with preschool, prek, kindergarten and children.
Letter of the Week
These are such a fun learning tool for younger kids working on their alphabet letters! Just print out all 26 alphabet worksheets or just the letter you are working on. Each page is in black and white to save on printing costs. Once you’ve printed the blackline sheets you need, have children use crayons, markers, colored pencils, gel pens, and any other utencil they like to:
- color the upper and lowercase letter (great for working on visual discrimination)
- color the clipart that features an image that starts with the featured letter (great for letter recognition, building vocabulary, and an introduction to phonemic awareness)
- trace the picture words (optional, but a great way to see how letters, when sounded out, make up words that – great intorduction to phonics, spelling, and more).
- Now cut apart on the dotted lines and tape together to make a crown
Kids will be so proud to wear this alphabet craft they made themselves and it serves as a great visual reminder of the letter you are working on. These are great for boys or girls!
We know that not all pictures featured on the alphabet crowns make the sound used when introducing young learners to letters. The purpose was to build a rich vocabulary and introduce the letters.
- A is for apple, ax, airplane, artichoke, apron, anchor, and acorn
- B is for bread, butterfly, balloon, baby, boots, bell, basketball, and bee
- C is for clam, cow, cloud, corn, caterpillar, camel, can, and carrot
- D is for dog, drum, drill, duck, dolphin, dragon, and dice
- E is for eggplant, Earth, envelope, eagle, ear, elephant, and egg
- F is for frog, flower, fork, fan, flag, fish, and football
- G is for goose, glove, grape, gift, gorilla, game, and goat
- H is for hook, heart, hat, hamburger, hand, harp, horseshoe, and hen
- I is for igloo, ice cream, ice, iron, ice skates, insect, and inch
- J is for jet, jar, juice, jigsaw, jaguar, jumprope, and jello
- K is for koala bear, kite, kangaroo, key, king, kettle, and keybaord
- L is for leaf, ladybug, lantern, llama, lion, lock, laundry, and lemon
- M is for mask, mushroom, mouse, moon, moose, mouth, mug, and mail
- N is for needle, nuts, note, newspaper, nose, nine, nest, and necklace
- O is for octopus, onion, oyster, orange, orchid, oval, oars, and otter
- P is for potato, penguin, pie, pail, pineapple, picnic table, and pea
- Q is for quail, Queen, quarter, quilt, quil, and question
- R is for ring, rainbow, rose, recycling, rug, radio, and rain
- S is for spider, screw, suitcase, sun, snail, snowflake, seeds, and star
- T is for taco, tent, tooth, turtle, tape measure, tomato, and train
- U is for unicorn, umpire, ukelele, umbrella, up, unicycle
- V is for vacuum, vulture, vase, volleyball, van, violen, and vest
- W is for worm, wheel, window, wagon, watch, wing, and whale
- X is for xylophone, xray, and Xenops
- Y is for yarn, yacht, yolk, yak, yo-yo, and yawn
- Z is for Zeplin, zebra, zipper, zookeeper, zinnia, zuchini, and zero
Printable Alphabet Worksheets
Looking for more free printable alphabet worksheets? You will love these we’ve made!
- Find the Letter Worksheets from A to Z
- Cut & Paste Alphabet Worksheets
- Fun Alphabet Dot to Dot
- Hands on Alphabet Playdough mats
- Alphabet Handwriting Worksheets (A to Z)
- Do a Dot Printable Letter Find Worksheets
- Letter Flashcards
- Duplo Alphabet Mats
- Phonics Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Free Printable Letter Crafts (includes both upper and lowercase letter options)
- FREE Letter Identification Worksheets – each of these super cute pages from A to Z has a different theme
- Bingo Dauber Find the Letter Printables – simple worksheets that use do a dot markers to practice making upper and lowercase letters
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin homeschooling for free? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, grade 1 worksheets, second grade worksheets and more for K12. Plus see our history lesson plans, free math games, english worksheets, sight words activities, alphabet worksheets, and cvc word games for kids of all ages!
Download Free Alphabet Hats
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please purchase a classroom licensed version here TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!