If you are working on teaching your child their letters, you will love these fun, hands-on alphabet activities! We have scoured the web to bring you the bery best alphabet activivities for kindergarten, preschool, pre-k, toddler, and first graders too. Plus, in addition to our letter activities for kindergarten, we have included kindergarten alphabet worksheets for children to write their ABCs too!
Learning the alphabet is an essential part of a child’s early education. It lays the foundation for reading and writing, and helps kids develop essential communication skills. But teaching the alphabet to kindergarten kids can be challenging, especially if your kids find it boring or difficult, so the more fun and engaging the alphabet activities are, the easier it is for your kids to grasp the concepts of letters and their sounds. We’ve put together a list of some of the best alphabet activities for kindergarten that can help with letter recognition, phonetic awareness, and more. From sensory play to games and crafts, there are many different ways to help kids learn the alphabet. Whether you are a teacher, a parent, or a home schooler, the activities on this list will provide you with some fun and easy ideas to help your kids learn the alphabet in a fun and engaging way. Plus as your students work on the alphabet for kindergarten, we have gathered a list of fun, FREE printable kindergarten letter worksheets too!
Alphabet for Kindergarten
Children learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process. So alphabet activities that include sensory play and other hands-on activities that allow kids to touch, feel, and interact with letters are a great way to introduce the alphabet to toddlers and preschoolers and work on alphabet concepts with kindergarteners and older kids. There are lots of fun and engaging, hands-on, alphabet activities on our list for you to choose from.
Consistent practice is also important for helping kids remember the letters and their sounds, and build their confidence, so choosing lots of different activities from this list of amazing alphabet activities is a great way to practice alphabet concepts without things getting boring. And don’t forget to make it fun! Choose one of our fun alphabet activities, such as alphabet games, alphabet crafts, or fun alphabet printables, to make learning the alphabet with your kids enjoyable and memorable. And for those time when you need a no-prep way to practice letter recognition and strengthening those hand muscles, don’t miss our abc worksheets for kindergarten.
Alphabet Activities for Kindergarten
These fun and easy alphabet for kindergarten activities are also great for preschoolers learning the alphabet and older elementary kids who need some extra alphabet practice. Try some fun alphabet games, alphabet sensory play, and lots of hands-on alphabet learning ideas.
- Alphabet Hats Craft from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This fun free printable hat craft is a great way to help kids learn letters, vocabulary, and work on phonemic awareness.
- Easter Egg Matching Alphabet Alphabet Activity from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This is a great idea for using all those plastic eggs after Easter!
- Alphabet Maze Activity from Hands on As We Grow.
Work on letter recognition with this fun ABC maze activity.
- A to Z letter of the Week Crafts from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Letter of the week is a great way to teach the alphabet to kindergarteners, and these crafts make it so much fun!
- Alphabet Kite Craft from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This adorable alphabet craft, with a free printable template, is a fun way to work on identifying the letters and beginning sounds.
- Alphabet Apple Lacing Craft from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Learn and practice letter order as you make and use this fun apple craft.
- Alphabet Relay from Fun Learning for Kids.
This easy to set up activity is a super fun way for kids to learn letters.
- Playdough Letters Activity from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
This is a fun, hands-on, way to practice letter writing.
- Alphabet Soup Game from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This is a great, hands-on, letter learning game that kindergarteners will love.
- Hop-to-It Alphabet Matching Game from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Work on learning upper and lowercase letters with this fun, free printable, frog themed alphabet matching game.
- ABC Popsicle Alphabet Activity from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This easy to set up, alphabet matching activity is such a great way to use craft items you probably already have at home.
Letter activities for kindergarten
- Feed the Alphabet Monster from I Can Teach My Child.
This is a fun activity to work on letter recognition with your kids.
- Alphabet Gingerbread Activities from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Kindergarten kids will have so much fun making letters with this super cute, hands-on, alphabet gingerbread activity
- Summer Sun Alphabet Tracing Cards from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
This free printable letter tracing activity is perfect for a summer or weather themed learning activity.
- Alphabet Shower Curtain Ring Activity from And Next Comes L.
This is a great hands-on alphabet activity that kids will love!
- Free Printable A to Z Letter Playdough Mats from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Kids can work on forming letters and learning letter sounds with this fun playdough activity.
- A to Z Handprint Alphabet Crafts from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games
Kids will love getting a bit messy making handprint art for every letter of the alphabet, they won’t even notice they are learning!
- Alphabet Ping Pong Game from The Imagination Tree.
Try this fun hands-on alphabet game for kids using ping pong balls and cardboard tubes.
- Lego Duplo Alphabet Mats from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Grab some Duplo and start building letters with these free printable Duplo letter mats.
- Alphabet Ice Paint from Growing a Jeweled Rose.
Combine art, sensory play, and letter learning in this one awesome activity.
- Pumpkin Before and After Letters game from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This fun, free printable Halloween alphabet game is perfect for learning in October.
- Alphabet Crayons Printable Activity from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
Kids will have fun matching uppercase and lowercase letters with this free printable alphabet activity.
- Gross Motor Alphabet Game from No Time for Flash Cards.
This fun and easy alphabet game gets kids moving while they learn their letters.
Alphabet for kindergarten
- School Bus Letter Matching Game from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games
Have fun learning the alphabet with this super cute, free printable, school bus letter matching game.
- Printable Sandcastle Alphabet Puzzles from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
Practice matching upper and lowercase letters with this fun free printable summer activity.
- Apple Alphabet Letter Recognition Strips Activity from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Work on alphabet identification this fall with this super cute, hands-on, alphabet activity!
- Back To School Letter Find from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
This fun, free printable, school bus letter find activity is perfect for kindergarteners.
If you are looking for even more awesome alphabet activities for kindergaten, check out all our amazing alphabet activities here.
Kindergarten letter worksheets
Alphabet printables are a great way to work on letter learning with kids. These free printable alphabet activities and alphabet worksheets are an easy, ‘no-prep’ way to practice ABCs and teach kids the alphabet.
- Alphabet Strip Printable from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games
This free printable alphabet strip is a wonderful handy visual alphabet reference for your students to put on their desks.
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
These free printables are a great no prep alphabet activity for kindergarten, and first grade students.
- Printable Gumball Alphabet Game from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This fun, free printable, letter matching activity is great for practicing upper and lowercase letters.
- Phonics Letter Coloring Pages from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
These free printable phonics coloring pages are a fun way to practice letter sounds.
- Printable ABC Alphabet Books from 123 Homeschool 4 Me
These fabulous, free printable, alphabet books only needing cutting and folding to make!
- Printable Alphabet Letter Builder from 123 Homeschool for Me.
Building letters with these free printable curved and straight lines is a great way for kindergarteners to work on letter formation.
- Superhero Alphabet Printables Bracelets from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Everyone is going to love being a super hero while learning the alphabet!
- Printable Alphabet Writing Worksheets from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Use these free printable worksheets to practice tracing letters and work in handwriting.
- Free Printable Trace the Picture Alphabet Worksheets from 123 Homeschool for Me.
Practice tracing, coloring and handwriting all in one with this printable tracing pictures worksheet set.
- Free Printable Alphabet Trace and Color Worksheets from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
These no-prep worksheets are great for working on learning and writing uppercase and lowercase letters of the alphabet.
- Free Printable Alphabet Pirate Worksheets for Kids from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Your kids will have lots of fun learning their ABCs with these free printable pirate worksheets.
Kindergarten alphabet worksheets
- Candy Corn Alphabet Mats from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
Kindergarteners will love practicing identifying lowercase letters with these super cute, free printable candy corn alphabet mats.
- Free Printable Uppercase Letter Tracing Worksheets from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
These capital letter tracing worksheets allow students to trace the upper case letter and color in a cute picture that starts with the letter.
- Free Printable Find and Trace the Alphabet Worksheets from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
These cute find and trace alphabet printables help kids improve letter recognition and letter formation.
- Christmas Tree Beginning Sounds Printable Activity from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This is a fun and hands-on way to practice alphabet and beginning sounds during the Christmas season.
- Fall Alphabet Sticker Worksheets from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
These super fun, printable sticker worksheets help children practice letter matching, letter recognition, and matching upper and lowercase letters.
- Construction Tracing Letters from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
This is the perfect printable alphabet activity for kids who love trucks and construction!
- Alphabet Do-a-dot Marker Printables from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
These free printable dot marker worksheets are perfect for reinforcing learning ABCs while having fun completing pictures.
- Free Printable Alphabetical Order Worksheets from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
These fun, free printable alphabetical order worksheets help students learn to alphabetize words
- Ice Cream Cone Alphabet Tracing from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
Practicing writing upper and lowercase letters with this fun, free printable, ice cream tracing activity.
- Seeds Find The Letter Worksheets from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
Learning to identify letters is lots of fun with these spring themed, free printable, find the letter worksheets.
- Christmas Tree Letter Find Worksheets from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
This free printable is a fabulous Christmas themed alphabet learning activity for kindergarten.
- Printable Alphabet Flip Book from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This super cute, free printable, ABC flip book is great for learning letters.
- Alphabet Letter Recognition Worksheets from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Work on identifying uppercase and lowercase letters with these free printable letter find worksheets.
If you need even more alphabet worksheets and printables for kindergarten, check out this HUGE list of amazing free alphabet printables.
ABC worksheets for kindergarten
Teaching children their letters with over 60 FUN, hands-on alphabet activities for kindergarten! Plus FREE printable letter worksheets too!
- 50 Books for Kindergarten Book List – Books for Kindergarteners to read themselves
- Kindergarten Calendar Printable, free Days of the Week Worksheets
- Kindergarten Spelling Words – add a vowel practice or Free Kindergarten spelling words Printable
- Hoppy Frog Math Game (addition within 10 and addition to 20) and Goldfish Kindergarten Subtraction Games
- Roll to 100 Counting Game, 100s Chart Battleship Game, and Days of the Week Worksheets
- Free Ordinal Number Worksheet, Pirate I Spy Worksheets, Crack the Code Worksheet Pages
- Playdough Subtraction Smash free printable math activity, What Comes Next Kindergarten Math
- Short i cvc worksheets cut and paste pdf, Short E CVC Words Booklet, Crack the Code CVC Word Worksheets
- Crayon CVC Words Activity, free CVC Word Puzzles Free Printable, Blowing Bubbles Word Family Activities
- Word Family Sliders Free – lots of styles to print in color or black and white
- Free Printable Seasons Worksheets w/ Free 4 Season Printables, Large Printable Weather Unit for kids
- Rain Cloud for Kids experiment and free worksheet, Water Cycle for Kids Printable Book
- Human Body human body playdough mats , EPIC, Life-size Human Body Project
- Amazing 5 Senses for kids lesson, Free Community Helpers Coloring Pages – over 20 pages, Community Helpers Printables Wheel – spin and learn, Free Kindergarten Word Search with Sight Words
- Non Standard Measurement Worksheets, Free Printable Community Helpers Matching Game
I was looking for the printable using dappers to trace the alphabet letters. I had downloaded them in the past but can’t find them. Are they still available?
Thanks for your help.