If you are wanting to teach kids countries for kids this is a fun, free Countries of the World Coloring book Book – perfect for preschool, kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade kids to learn about 19 countries of the world.
Countries for Kids
Last year we studied geography. As we took a “trip” around the world. We learned about many countries. I grew up as a missionary kid in Europe, so helping my kids learn about other nations is super important to me. There are so many amazing places around the world, so much history that kids can see / touch / feel / experience, and amazing, friendly people in every country.
We did several things for each country that we learned about:
- found the country on a map (or use our free printable maps)
- printed this around the world coloring pages to get a glimps of the country at a glance
- looked the country up on National Geographic to see some amazingly well photgraphed pictures of life in the country (including wildlife!)
- prepared a meal filled with typical dishes served from that country (my kids love eating food from around the world)
- older students would read an additional book learning more about the country, famous person from that country, family landmark, industry, etc. and write a 1 page report
- younger students typically made a craft with me that represented something that country is known for
Countries of the World Coloring Pages
Country Coloring Pages
Children Around the World
Geography for Kids
Looking for more resources and printables to teach students about countries around the world? You will love these coloring sheets, printable maps, books, activities and games:
- Lego Challenge Cards of Famous Landmarks Around the World
- France for Kids Printable Book
- Italy for Kids Printable Book
- Kenya for Kids Printable Book
- Spain for Kids Printable Book
- Ancient Greece Printable Book
- Children around the World Worksheets
- Spain Coloring Sheet
- China Coloring Page
- Germany Coloring Page
- Italy Coloring Page
- France Coloring Page
- Christmas Around the World – huge free study with printables, activities, recipes, crafts, customs, and more!
- Brain Breaks for kids – studies show that taking a 3-5 minutes brain break increases productivity for the next 45 minutes! Plus, kids need to get the wiggles out and not sit in front of a screen all day as they school at home!
- 40 Virtual Fieldtrips for Families
- Sandwich Book Report Form
- Printable Sight Word List
- 200 Science Experiments, Printables & Lessons
- Crayon CVC Words Activity
- Beginning Sounds Snowmen
- AMAZING Tin Foil Art
- Easter Word Family Worksheets
- Flower Sight Word Printable Mazes
- Little Mermaid Color by Sight Words
- Roll a Character Writing Activity
- Native Americans for Kids
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin homeschooling for free? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, grade 1 worksheets, second grade worksheets and more for K12. Plus see our history lesson plans, free math games, english worksheets, sight words activities, alphabet worksheets, and cvc word games for kids of all ages!
Download Countries of the World Book
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Day Designs
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!