Kids will be fascinated as they learn about the country of Mexico with these free printable Mexico for Kids books. Included are pictures to color and information about the culture, way of life and interests. These are a fanatic resource for kindergarteners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students.
If you ask your children where is Mexico, can they find it on a map? Do they know the capital is Mexico City? Hopefully they can name some popular Mexican food – tacos, burritos, fajitas, quesadillas, tamales, guacamole, salsa, tortillas, and more. If they haven’t seen pictures of the colorful traditional clothes with abanico fans and large sombreros worn in Fiestas you should have them learn about the fun, colorful country of Mexico! (see National Geographic Mexico for a free online source)
Studying Mexican history is fascinating! Ancient civilizations like the Aztecs and Mayans with their impressive pyramids are super interesting and who doesn’t want to learn about where chocolate came from. Chichén Itzá is now listed as one of the modern wonders of the world. Viva Mexico!
Mexico for Kids
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this low prep activity for helping students learn the amazing country of Mexico. We love teaching our preschool, pre k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, and 5th grade students about countries around the world!
Teaching children about different countries and cultures is so much fun, especially learning about maracas, sombreros and tacos. These free Mexico Mini Books are a great way to teach children in prek, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, and grade 5 about these interesting people. These mini books would be great used as part of a unit study on Mexico or a Cinco de Mayo unit or as a fun way for children to practice their reading while learning about another culture.
These mini books contain two cover pages, allowing children to choose and decorate their own. After this, there are ten pages of Mexico worksheets to add behind this. While reading these books, children will learn about:
- the country and reading maps
- the flag of Mexico
- Day of the Dead
- chili peppers
- Chichen Itza
Mexico Coloring Pages
Simply print the black and white pages on plain printer paper and cut the pages in half before stapling the book together. These two books are completely in blackline which is not only great for printing, but also a fun way for kids to get creative by decorating the images however they desire. Children can use crayons, markers, colored pencils, gel pens, etc. to color in their books.
There are two different books, with one book being a more simple version of the other. This one is aimed at younger children, while the more in-depth one is aimed at older children. Extra pages for children to write on could also be added, after reading books and researching more on this topic.
Geography for Kids
Looking for more resources and printables to teach students about countries around the world? You will love these coloring sheets, printable maps, books, activities and games:
- 16 Countries for Kids Printables
- France for Kids Printable Book to learn about the amazing country known for the Eiffel Tower
- Ancient Greece Printable Book to dive into the country famous for the Acropolis
- Kenya for Kids Printable Book takes you on a safari through an amazing country filled with wildlife
- Japan for Kids Printable book takes you to the graceful island country in the pacific ocean.
- Countries for Kids – Color & Learn
- Children around the World Worksheets
- Mexico Coloring Pages
- Spain Coloring Pages
- France Coloring Pages
- Kenya Coloring Pages
- China Coloring Pages
- Germany Coloring Pages
- Italy Coloring Pages
- Printable Maps
- Continents and Oceans Printables
- Missionary Study Pages
- Country Study Notebooking Pages
- Christmas Around the World – huge free study with printables, activities, recipes, crafts, customs, and more!
Mexico Mini Book
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (to share please direct others to this post to download their own set!) To use in a classroom please grab the teacher licensed version here.
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!