Take a fascinating journey into the Pacific Ocean to see Mt Fiji, charming gardens, and try sushi with chopsticks without even leaving home to learn about Japan for Kids with these free printable books for preschool, pre k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th grade students.
Japan for Kids
If you ask your student where Japan is, can they find it on a map in the Pacific Ocean? Do they know the capital is Tokyo? Can they picture beautiful gardens, Mt Fuji, the unique architecture of the roofs, shrines to their ancestors, crowded cities, chop sticks and sushi? Do they know they use Yen as their currency? (see National Geographic Japan for a free online source)
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this low prep Japan Printables for helping students learn the amazing country of Japan. We love teaching our preschoolers, prek, kindergarteners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, and grade 5 students about countries around the world!
Teaching children about different countries and cultures is so much fun, especially learning about rice, bonsai and origami. These free Japan Mini Books are a great way to teach children in prek, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, and grade 5 about these interesting people. These mini books would be great used as part of a unit study on Japan or cherry blossom unit or as a fun way for children to practice their reading while learning about another culture.
Information About Japan
These mini books contain two cover pages, allowing children to choose and decorate their own. After this, there are ten pages of Japan worksheets to add behind this. While reading these books, children will learn about:
- the country and reading maps
- the flag of Japan
- cherry blossom
- rice bowl
- traditional Japanese houses
There are two different books, with one book being a more simple version of the other. This one is aimed at younger children, while the more in-depth one is aimed at older children. Extra pages for children to write on could also be added, after reading books and researching more on this topic.
Geography for Kids
Looking for more resources and printables to teach students about countries around the world? You will love these coloring sheets, printable maps, books, activities and games:
- Italy for Kids– color, read, and learn about the country famous for pizza, leaning tower of pisa, art, venice, and more!
- France for Kids Printable Book to learn about the amazing country known for the Eiffel Tower
- Ancient Greece Printable Book to dive into the country famous for the Acropolis
- Kenya for Kids Printable Book takes you on a safari through an amazing country filled with wildlife
- Mexico for Kids Printable book takes you to a Fiesta filled with colorful dresses, sombreros, and mariachi music!
- Spain for Kids Printable Book introduces kids to flamenco dancers, bull fighting, delicious paella, and more!
- Countries for Kids – Color & Learn
- Children around the World Worksheets
- Japan Coloring Pages
- Spain Coloring Pages
- France Coloring Pages
- Mexico Coloring Pages
- China Coloring Pages
- Kenya Coloring Pages
- Germany Coloring Pages
- Italy Coloring Pages
- Printable Maps
- Continents and Oceans Printables
- Missionary Study Pages
- Country Study Notebooking Pages
- Christmas Around the World – huge free study with printables, activities, recipes, crafts, customs, and more!
Japan Mini Book
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only (to share please direct others to this post to download their own set!)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!