US History for Kids
Whether you are a parent, teacher, homeschooler, or trying to help your children build their fine motor skills and handwriting skills – you will love these fun and free, no-prep american history timeline printable to learn about us history for kids. After your history lesson (free resources at the bottom of the post) children will write down details for the decade themed pennants for kids. This american history activities for kids is perfect for all ages from preschoolers, kindergarteners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students. These us history posters are a great way to introduce children to researching, learning about the history of the world and then writing their own thoughts on what they have read and learned. These would be great used as part of a history unit.
American history timeline printable
- These pennants contain a a number of places for children to record their research.
- They will write their thoughts or some interesting facts on the trends of the decade, the inventions of the decade, the major events of the decade and the people of the decade.
- There are also some great images, showing these inventions, the clothes that were worn as well as items that were popular during the decade. Children can use crayons, markers or colored pencils to colour or decorate these images how they see fit or in the colors that were popular during the decade.
- The history posters are available to print in color or black and white.
There are nine different decades to research, learn, and hang as history posters for the classroom:
- 1920s for kids
- 1930s for kids
- 1940s for kids
- 1950s for kids
- 1960s for kids
- 1970s for kids
- 1980s for kids
- 1990s for kids
- 2000s for kids
Looking for more fun, free, and engaging printables for teaching kids about the United States of America? Check out these USA resources:
- State Coloring Pages – color the state flags, state map, state bird, state flower, and famous state icons on each of the state coloring pages
- United States Coloring Book – includes a page for each of the 50 states
- American Symbols Worksheets for learning American Symbols and Landmarks (includes cut and paste, bridges, and more!)
- Free American Symbols for Kids Printable Worksheets to write down what you’ve learned
- 50 States Worksheets – grab these state printable to make learing a snap!
- US States I Spy Worksheets
- USA for Kids Printable book
- Super cute Presidents Day Coloring Pages
- Presidents Worksheets for all US Presidents
- 50 President Coloring Pages
- Presidents for Kids – make your own fact book
- Vote for Kids – Election Worksheets for Kids
- Fun USA Geography Games for Kids – SNAP
- Free Printable States and Capitals Matching Game
- Convenient Free Printable State Capitals List for kids to reference
- Plus see all of our fun US history and geography resources —> US States for Kids
American History for Kids
- Native Americans for Kids – explore various tribes as you create free printable book, make PVC tent, totem poles, Indian fry bread, husk dolls, recreate an archeological dig with arrow heads, and more!
- Colonial America for Kids takes kids on a journey back to the first settlers in America – eat Gruel, make a Wattle & Daub house, create a tin lantern, write with a quill, make simple Johnny Cakes, make you own marbles, create traditional silhouette art projects, and more.
- American Revolution for Kids. In 4 units your students will learn what events lead up to the American Revolution and famous figures will making dragon pistols, roll their own cartridges, working spy cipher, cold feet activity.
- What was the Westward Expanion? History comes alive as they learn about the Oregon trail, pony express, gold rush, transcontinental railroad, and more with printables and activities like making a covered wagon, homemade crackers, how to square dance, pan for gold, and make a railroad project.
- Civil War for Kids We have recommendations for mapping and visiting famous battle sights nearby, printable civil war board game, make an informative emergent reader, create a flip book or people students should know, and complete some free printable Civil War worksheets.
- Learn about US States for Kids – state coloring pages, president coloring pages, state report forms, states and capital printables, and so much more!
- Decade Posters – American history timeline printable
- Rosa Parks for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Martin Luther King Jr for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Titanic for Kids Reader to Color and Learn
- Learn about the Roaring 1920s for Kids – Printable Book to Read, Color, and Learn
- 1930s for Kids – Printable Book about the Golden age of Hollywood, Great Depression for Kids and more to read, color, and learn
- 1950s for Kids Reader to Color, Learn and read about what life was like in America in 1950
Geography for Kids
- LOTS of FREE Printable Maps
- Around the World I Spy Worksheets – learn about 36 countries
- Free Country Worksheets for kids to learn about countries around the world
- 16 Countries for Kids Printables
- Germany for Kids – Grab this printable to learn about the Reichstag, Pretzels, and so much more!
- Kenya for Kids Printable Book takes you on a safari through an amazing country filled with wildlife
- You can find all our country coloring pages coloring pages or jump right to: Sweden Coloring Pages, Cuba Coloring Pages, Philippines Coloring Pages, or Netherlands Coloring Pages
- Children around the World Worksheets
- Lots of fun and FREE History Lessons for Kids
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal or personal classroom use only (to share please direct others to download their own copy on our site)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!