Kids will have fun learning about the united states with these fun & FREE games, worksheets, coloring pages, lapbooks, and activities! This is just one of our hands on History for Kids units.
US States for Kids
It is important for kids to know about where they live! These fun and free resources in our US States for Kids unit are a great way to help kids have fun while learning about American Symbols, Landmarks, individual states, state capitals and more!
Since we have a lot of resources, and the list is always growing, keep scrolling down for a brief description and picture of what each resource is. Then just click on the resource title to see more or download the FREE resource.
United States for Kids
American Symbols & Landmarks Worksheets
Kids will have fun learning about American Symbols & Lamdmarks with these clever activities and free printable worksheets. American Symbols include: parks, bridges, bald eagle, Uncle Sam, famous buildings, famous landmarks, Thomas Jefferson, the flag, presidents, and more
State Worksheets for Kids (Simple or Colorful styles)
Help kids learn about each of the states with these FREE State Worksheets that help kids practice writing letters, numbers, counting, alphabetizing, colors, and more while learning about the state facts, famous things from each state, state plants and birds.
States & Capitals Game
Help kids learn to identify states by their shape and match the state name with the capital with this fun FREE States & Capitals Game.
Or try this fun State Snap Game.
State Coloring Sheets
Kids of all ages will enjoy these FREE State Coloring Pages. Kids will learn to identify state shape, capital flag, flower, bird, and major landmarks with these worksheets that are perfect for all ages.
State Capitals Cheat Sheet
United States Book for Kids
Geography for Kids
- Where do I live Printable Activity
- US States for Kids – free worksheets, games, hands-on activities and more for teaching kids about us history and all 50 states
- Easy-to-Make Salt Dough Map
- Country Coloring Pages – Color, Read, and Learn
- Books about Countries around the World
- Tons of Free Printable Maps for Kids
- Roll into Geography – Printable Geography Games
- Geography Treasure Hunt Activity
- Landmarks for Kids Lego Challenge Cards
- Children around the World printable worksheets
- Landforms Worksheets pdf free
- Snap Geography Games for Kids
- Roll into Geography Games for Kids – simple printable game to learn about continents
- Country Coloring Pages
See all of our history lessons for kids of all ages to make learning FUN!
History Lessons for Kids
Our fun, hands-on and engaging homeschool history include not only clever activities to make history fun and memorable, but FREE printable worksheets and games too!
- Mesopotamia History – learn about he cradle of civilization while making costumes, recipes, maps, their own wheeled transport replica, play the royal game of Ur, make raised reliefs, practice cuniform in clay, and construct their own zigurats!
- Early Explorers contains activities and printables to relive the adventures of early explorers for kids as they become a viking with Leif Erickson, sale around the world with Magellan, head to China with Marco Polo, discover the New World with Columbus, and more!
- Middle Ages for Kids. Build your own Medieval Castle, learn about the science of a catapult, dye silk, make peasant bread, find out the important roles of knights, make a bow and arrow, learn the origin of pretzels, making illuminated manuscripts, make artwork with egg paint and weaving simple tapestries .
- Native Americans for Kids – explore various tribes as you create free printable book, make PVC tent, totem poles, Indian fry bread, husk dolls, recreate an archeological dig with arrow heads, and more!
- Colonial America for Kids takes kids on a journey back to the first settlers in America – eat Gruel, makea Wattle & Daub house, create a tin lantern, write with a quill, make simple Johnny Cakes, make you own marbles, create traditional silhouette art projects, and more.
- American Revolution for Kids. In 4 units your students will learn what events lead up to the American Revolutionand famous figures will making dragon pistols, roll their own cartridges, working spy cipher, cold feet activity.
- What was the Westward Expanion? Hisotyr comes alive as they learn about the oregon trail, pony express, gold rush, transcontinental railroad, and more with printables and activities like making a covered wagon, homemade crackers, how to square dance, pan for gold, and make a railroad project.
- Civil War for Kids We have recommendations for mapping and visiting famous battle sights nearby, printable civil war board game, make an informative emergent reader, create a flip book or people students should know, and complete some free printable Civil War worksheets.
- United States for Kids – we have worksheets, games, state coloring pages and more to make learning about the USA fun!
- Learn about the Children of the World and the countries they live in with our handy, FREE resources: country readers, map of the world for kids to print and label, a printable countries of the world coloring book.
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin homeschooling for free? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, grade 1 worksheets, second grade worksheets and more for K12. Plus see our history lesson plans, free math games, english worksheets, sight words activities, alphabet worksheets, and cvc word games for kids of all ages!