Let’s celebrate Independence Day with these fun Fourth of July crafts and activities. These 4th of july crafts are filled with loads of fun 4th of July Activities for kids of all ages from toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th graders too! Use independence day crafts for any time you are looking for some clever USA flag crafts, red white and blue crafts, Memorial Day crafts, Presidents, Day crafts, Veterans Day crafts or any other time you are ready to feel patriotic.
Fourth of July Crafts
Whether you are celebrating with family, or learning about Independence Day, the kids will love all of the Fourth of July crafts and activities on this list. There are lots of 4th of july crafts including so many patriotic craft idea, hands on learning activities, sensory play ideas, recipes to make with the kids, 4th of July printables and more. There are lots of fourth of july activities to do at a Fourth of July picnic, and ideas for learning about Independence Day.
With 100 ideas on this list, there is enough to keep kids of all ages happily entertained and learning, and lots of activities you can do with the whole family. Plus don’t miss our huge archive of 4th of July activities.
4th of july crafts
- Free Printable Fireworks Flextangle from Artsy Fartsy Mama.
Make your own fireworks at home with this cool project!
- Popsicle Stick American Flag Craft from Jinxy Kids.
Try this fun flag craft with your kids.
- Fourth of July Paper Cone Decoration from Milestone Mom.
Decorate our house with this fun paper craft.
- Fourth of July Splatter Paint Activity from The Preschool Toolbox.
This is a fun art activity that even the littlest kids can join in with.
- Patriotic Marshmallow Shootersfrom Big Family Blessings.
Have fun making these as well as playing with them!
- Fourth of July Flag Decoration from School Time Snippets.
Start saving our cardboard tubes so you can make this fun craft.
- Fourth of July Chalk Pastel Art from Projects With Kids.
This simple art technique has stunning results.
- Red White and Blue Coffee Filter Stars from Simple Fun for Kids.
This is a fun process art activity that all ages will enjoy.
- Fourth of July Lantern craft from Artsy Momma.
These would look gorgeous decorating your house or garden.
- Fourth of July Ribbon Fireworks Craft from 123 Homeschool For Me.
This gorgeous craft idea also gives fine motor skills a workout.
- Patriotic Necklace Craft from Buggy and Buddy.
These necklaces are easy to make and provide a great opportunity for patterning and fine motor practice.
- Fourth of July Printable Wand Craft from Projects with Kids.
This is such a fun craft for kids to make.
- Fourth of July Hand Paintings from Fun Handprint Art.
Use hand prints to paint Uncle Sam and a Bald Eagle.
- Patriotic Streamer Paper Airplanes from Our Kid Things.
These super cool paper airplanes are a red, white, and blue with
streamers and stars.
- Fourth of July Rocket Toilet Paper Roll Craft from Easy Activities for Kids.
What a fun and easy way to get ready for the 4th of July celebration!
Independence day crafts
- Patriotic Toilet Paper Roll Confetti Poppers from Hunny I’m Home.
The kids will have fun making these and they’ll have a blast popping them during your celebration.
- Patriotic Ribbon Wands from She Saved.
These fun ribbon wands are great for parades, backyard BBQ fun, or instead of sparklers.
- Patriotic Kids Blower Craft from Natural Beach Living.
These blowers are so much fun to play with and super easy to make.
- Pom Pom Bald Eagle Craft from Soccer Mom Blog.
This little eagle is so cute you’ll want to make lots of them!
- Paper Plate Patriotic Suncatcher Craft from I Heart Crafty Things.
These sun catchers will make gorgeous patriotic decorations on yourwindows.
- Patriotic Suncatcher Craft from A Little Pinch of Perfect.
Here’s another gorgeous Fourth of July suncatcher craft to make.
- Popsicle Stick Uncle Sam Craft from Glued to My Crafts.
This is a fun craft idea for all ages.
- Fourth of July Rockets from Happiness is Homemade.
Make these fun Independence Day rockets from basic supplies andrecyclables.
- Fourth of July Agamograph Template from Easy Peasy and Fun.
Try your hand at making an agamograph with these free printables.
- Patriotic Process Art from The Keeper of the Memories.
Everyone will love this super fun, process art activity.
- Fourth of July Party Popper Craft from Simple Everyday Mom.
Make these fun poppers as a safe alternative to fireworks.
- Easy Patriotic Jar Lanterns from Fantastic Fun and Learning.
These star spangled lanterns will look great decorating your home or celebration.
- Pipe Cleaner Fireworks Stamp Craft from Artsy Momma.
This is a super fun art activity that all ages can enjoy.
- Fourth of July Bunting to Color In from Views from a Step Stool.
Color in this free printable bunting and decorate for your Fourth of July party!
- Popsicle Stick and Paper Straw Flag from Glued to My Crafts.
This patriotic, mixed media, craft is fun and easy to make.
Independence day activity
- 4th of July Skittles Science Experiment from Little Bins for Little Hands.
What better way to celebrate than with a red white and blue science experiment!
- Spread Kindness with Letters to Soldiers from Coffee and Carpool.
This is activity and free printable is the perfect way to show our gratitude and patriotic spirit.
- Fourth of July Writing Printable from Jinxy Kids.
This free printable encourages kids to list ‘5 reasons I am thankful for my freedom’.
- 4th of July Interactive Hundreds Chart from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games
- Make an American Flag using Water Science Experiments from From Engineer to Stay at Home Mom.
Try these two cool water science experiments to color the American Flag.
- Patriotic Preschool Worksheets from 123 Homeschool For Me.
This free printable pre-k pack has 6 different activities to do with your kids.
- Baking Soda and Vinegar Fireworks Experiment from STEAM Powered Family.
Learn about chemical reactions and make a glittery fireworks effect.
- Fourth of July Number Recognition from Fluffy Tots.
This free printable is great for working on number recognition skills.
- Fourth of July Word Search from The Artisan Life.
This free printable word search will keep the kids happily learning.
- Fourth of July CVC Words Activity from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
Kids will have fun practicing reading, writing with this free printable.
- Independence Day Building Structures STEM Activity from Little Bins for Little Hands.
I love this easy to set up Independence Day building activity!
- American Flag Color By Sight Words from April Golightly.
This printable activity is a fun way to practice sight words.
- Red White and Blue Science Project from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
Kids will love making this red white and blue science project that demonstrates a beautiful chemical reaction.
- Fourth of July Counting Game from Playdough to Plato.
This printable counting game is a playful way to practice numbers from 1 to 50.
- Patriotic Flower Experiment from The Artful Parent.
Turn plain white flowers, into red, white and blue flowers with this simple science activity.
- Fourth of July Cutting Practice Sheets from Itsy Bitsy Fun.
Work on scissor skills with these fun free printables.
- 4th of July Color By Numbers Printable from Preschool Play and Learn.
This fun free printable is great for early learners and fun for kids of all ages.
- Free Printable Fourth of July Book from A Little Pinch of Perfect.
Learn about and color in patriotic symbols with this gorgeous printable book.
- Fourth of July Dot a Dots from Easy Peasy Learners.
Work on fine motor skills and eye hand coordination with these fun free printables.
- American Flag Shape Matching from Totschooling.
This free printable is a fun patriotic activity for toddlers and preschoolers.
- Patriotic Roll and Cover Math Game from Darcy Brian.
This free printable math game is great for preschoolers and kindergarten children.
Fourth of July Sensory Play Activities
- Fourth of July Slime from Little Bins for Little Hands.
This glittery, patriotic slime is perfect for all Fourth of July festivities!
- How to Make Fourth of July Slime from The Art Kit.
Here’s another fun slime recipe to try.
- Patriotic Cloud Dough Play Tray from Glitter on a Dime.
What a fun sensory play set up.
- Patriotic Sensory Bottle from Little Bins for Little Hands.
The kids will love making this and watching all the swirling glitter!
- Red White and Blue Water Sensory Bin from Simple Fun for Kids.
This is the perfect patriotic themed activity for a hot day!
- Easy Fourth of July Playdough Activity from Teaching 2 and 3 Year olds.
This 4th of July playdough activity is easy to make, and super fun to play with.
- Fluffy Patriotic Slimef rom STEAMsational.
You’ll want to sink your hands into this fluffy red white and blue slime.
- Red White and Blue Edible Marshmallow Dough from Crafts and Activities for Kids.
Made with all edible products, the kids can nibble while they play!
- Fourth of July Playdough Mats from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
These cute printable play dough mats will get the kids counting as they add playdough food to the grill!
- Simple Patriotic Sensory Activity from No Time for Flash Cards.
This sensory activity is quick and easy to set up and is lots of fun to play with.
- Stars and Stripes Sensory Bin from What Can We Do With Paper and Glue.
Make this amazing sensory bin with pantry staples
- 4th of July Sensory Bin from Teaching Mama.
This is another easy to set up, red, white, and blue, sensory bin to try.
- Easy Fourth of July Sensory Station from Toddler Approved.
There are some great ideas for no-mess sensory play here.
- Fireworks Play Dough from Fantastic Fun and Learning.
This play dough set up is gorgeous, and a great way to work through any worries about fireworks.
- Bubble Wrap Fireworks from The OT Toolbox.
This activity is lots of popping fun and a great way to talk about the noise fireworks will make with a child who may be scared or sensitive.
- Red White and Blue Playdough from Growing Hands on Kids.
This easy, no-cook playdough is perfect for some patriotic sensory play.
- Quick and Easy Fourth of July Sensory Bin from The Keeper of the Memories.
Practice fine motor skills and measuring with this fabulous sensory play set up.
Fourth of July Snacks and Recipes
- Easy Fourth of July Cookie Decorating from Red Ted Art.
These 4th July Cookies are so easy to decorate, they make for a great party activity.
- Patriotic Popcorn Cake from Glittle on a Dime.
This is a fun and easy recipe to make with the kids.
- Red White and Blue Fruit Popsicles from Simplifying Family.
These healthy fruit popsicles are a perfect treat on a hot summer’s day.
- Patriotic Rice Krispie Treat Stars from 3 Boys and a Dog.
These patriotic treats are so simple and easy to make!
- Red White and Blue Cupcakes from Simple Fun for Kids.
This is an easy and delicious cupcake recipe to make with the kids.
- Red White and Blue Layered Jello Treats from Artsy Momma.
These non-alcoholic jello shots that are kid-friendly and look super cool.
- USA Flag Brownie Treats from Mama Cheaps.
The kids will have lots of fun decorating these brownies.
- Chocolate Covered Pretzels for Fourth of July from Natural Beach Living.
These pretzels are easy to make, they taste delicious and they’ll look fancy on your celebration table.
- Patriotic Flag Rice Crispy Treats from Life Should Cost Less
This big batch recipe is perfect for any patriotic celebration.
- USA Flag Rice Krispie Treats from Making of a Mom.
You could pop these on a lollipop stick and make flags on a flagpole!
- Red White and Blue Cherry Almond Sugar Cookies from Sustain My Cooking Habit.
Bake some of these gorgeous looking cookies with your family.
- American Flag Fruit Skewers from Pink Fortitude.
The kids will have lots of fun making this easy, no-cook, treat.
- Patriotic Pretzels from A Crazy Family.
This is a no-bake dessert that you can make with the kids in minutes.
- Patriotic Bark from Loving Homeschool.
This is a quick and easy treat to make with the kids.
- Fourth of July Fruit Kabobs from The Baby Bump Diaries.
What a gorgeous, healthy, treat ideas.
- Kid-friendly Patriotic Flag Snack Idea from Glued to My Crafts.
This snack idea is easy enough for even the littlest hands to make.
- Patriotic Oreo Pops from Happiness is Homemade.
These oreo pops are quick and easy to make, and they look amazing.
- Fourth of July Waffles from The Joys of Boys.
This is a simple Independence Day breakfast idea!
- Easy Patriotic Cheesecake Dip from Pint-sized Treasures.
Get the kids to help whip up this delicious party food.
- Fourth of July Rice Krispie Treat Ice Cream Cones from Simple Everyday Mom.
These fun rice krispie treats are shaped like ice cream and topped with sprinkles!
- Fourth of July Fruit Platter from Passion for Savings.
This simple, healthy, fruit platter is perfect for any patriotic celebration.
Fourth of july games
- Patriotic Bingo from Preschool Play and Learn.
This Free Printable Patriotic Bingo is the perfect patriotic activity to celebrate the Fourth of July.
- Fourth of July Bingo Scavenger Hunt from Big Family Blessings.
This free printable combines bingo with a scavenger hunt to keep the kids busy!
- Patriotic Bubble Blowers from Pint-sized Treasures.
Everyone loves chasing bubbles outside, it’s the perfect picnic activity.
- Fourth of July Pinata Balloons from The Gunny Sack.
This would be such a fun activity for a family picnic.
- Fourth of July Photo Booth Props from Mama Cheaps.
These free printable photo props are a fun addition to a celebration.
- Fourth of July Tic Tac Toe Printable Game from Where’d My Sanity Go.
This free printable game is fun for kids to play during the patriotic holiday.
- 4th of July Coloring Pages from Preschool Play and Learn.
- Lego American Flag from Little Bins for Little Hands.
Keep the kids busy building this Lego American flag.
- Patriotic Count and Colour Game from This Tiny Blue House.
This is a great printable activity to keep the kids busy while waiting for festivities to begin.
- Printable Fourth of July Puzzles from Real Life at Home.
These fun printable puzzle set includes four different puzzles and two levels of difficulty.
- I Spy 4th of July Printables from Preschool Play and Learn
- Decorate Bikes for a Parade from Coffee Cups and Crayons.
Whether you are joining in a neighborhood parade or doing your own at home, decorating bikes is lots of fun.
- DIY Patriotic Ladder Golf from Mom Endeavors.
This is a fun outdoor game for the whole family to play.
- Ring the Glad Fourth of July Game from A Girl and a Glue Gun.
This game is simple to set up and even glows in the dark!
- Fourth of July Balloon Game from Mess for Less.
The kids will have as much fun making the bats for this game as they will playing it.
- Printable 4th of July Hats for Kids from Preschool Play and Learn
The whole family will have fun celebrating Independence Day with these fabulous Fourth of July activities and crafts.
4th of July Activities
- EASY Red, White and Blue 4th of July Science Experiment, Fireworks in a Jar Oil and Water Science Experiment
- Magic Milk 4th of July Science Experiments or Rocket 4th of July Science Experiment for Kids
- Painters Tape American Flag Craft or Salty Fireworks 4th of july crafts with free printable templates
- 100 FUN 4th of July Crafts & Activities for Kids or Try this easy Fireworks 4th of July Craft
- Rec, White, and Blue Patriotic Slime and Bleeding Tissue Paper 4th of July Crafts
- Print off these FREE 4th of July Coloring Pages or try Fidget Spinner Firework 4th of July Crafts
- 4th of July Red White and Blue Experiment and Stars “Bursting” 4th of July Science Experiments
- Tic-Tac-Toe on the GO, 4th of July Firework Crafts with shaving cream
- Fourth of July Red White and Blue Science Experiment and Firework 4th of July Crafts for Preschoolers
- Bomb Pop Fourth of July Craft ,or Founding Father George Washington Craft, and Simple 4th of July Fireworks Crafts painted with TP roll
- FREE 4th of July Color by Number Worksheet and American Symbols for Kids themed worksheets
- Read, Color, and Learn about American Symbols for Kids and 4th of July Activity counting with playdough mats
- Practice CVC Words with 4th of July Activity or Color by Hundreds Chart 4th of July Worksheets
- Subtraction 4th of July Math Worksheets and free printable 4th of July Bingo Game
- Super cute, free 4th of July Hat Craft, Fourth of July I Spy – super cute 4th of July Worksheets
- Free 4th of July Worksheets for Preschool kids or American Symbols Worksheets
Summer Activities for Kids
- EASY Pool Noodle Race Track for Kids, 30 Homemade Bird Feeders to make, EPIC Water Balloon Painting Activities
- Fun-to-Make DIY Foosball Table, Easy Marshmallow Shooter, 100 Exciting Year-Round Science Experiments for Kids
- Vibrant Sidewalk Chalk Paint, 25+ Water Balloon Games, Outrageously fun Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket
- Epic Squirt Gun Painting, Grass Head Summer Activity for Kids, Easy Sand Volcano with NO clean-up
- Strawberry Scented Jello Playdough Recipe, Snake Bubbles, Beautiful Capillary Action Experiment
- 75+ Free Printable Scavenger Hunts for Kids, 100 Amazing Food Science Experiments, cool Puffy Paint Recipes
- Simple and FUN Aluminum Foil Art, epic Mentos and Soda Experiment, Lemon Volcano is a fun Summer Experiment
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – it’s super EASY! and How to Make a Simple Newton’s Cradle Science Experiment
- Kids will no nuts over this simple Pop Rock Experiment, EASY Stained Glass Pasta Art for Kids, and 2 ingredient slime
- Scented Watermelon Playdough Recipe, ocean slime, Pretty Flower Mason Jar Lid Crafts
- Blow GIANT bubbles Homemade Bubble Solution, fun water balloon experiment, Free Zoo Scavenger Hunt
- Mind Blowing Color Changing Playdough, Bleeding Tissue Paper Fireworks Craft or shaving cream fireworks
- Check out June Crafts and June Activities for Kids, July Crafts and July Activities for kids, August Crafts and August Activities for kids, and don’t miss 107+ things to do in the summer
Looking for more outdoor activities for kids and things to do in the summer? Your toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and elementary age kids will love these fun ideas to keep them busy all summer long:
- Make a Marshmallow Shooters – go over 30 feet or PVC Marshmallow Blasters, whip up some edible marshmallow playdough, and then add smores free camping math worksheets or camping math activities for preschoolers, finally play some no-prep campfire games
- Play with homemade color changing slime, Sand Slime, or watermelon slime, Kool Aid Playdough , vibrant Sidewalk Chalk Paint for Kids, yummy sandcastle ice cream, or make your own aqua magic sand
- Try some summer projects: balloon hovercraft, DIY scribble bot, foosball summer activity for kids, easy pool noodle race track, flow in the dark fairy jar, GIANT bubbles with this Homemade Bubble Solution, FUN Bubble Painting, must try Lego Zipline, Homemade Chalk Recipe, yummy How to Make Ice Cream in a Bag, I Spy DIY Bottles, epic Squirt Gun Painting, must try rocket experiment, or Water Balloon Games for Kids
- Don’t miss summer science projects: Water Balloon Experiment exploring density, sunscreen experiment for kids, colorful lemon volcano experiment, Exploding Watermelon, Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket , amazing fireworks in a jar experiment, balloon rocket experiment for preschool, melting sandcastle summer experiment, and lots more summer science experiments
- Get crafty with EASY Stained Glass Pasta Art , Amazing Bubble Painting, Flower Mason Jar Lid Craft, EASY Butterfly Craft for Kids, Silly Bandaid Art Craft for kids, bleeding tissue Paper Fireworks Craft, Tin Foil Art Project, over 100 animal crafts, salt fireworks 4th of July crafts, or First Day of Summer Craft
- Plan a Beach Theme week with Free Beach Worksheets, summer density tower, easy sand volcano, sandcastle letter tracing
- 75+ FUN Scavenger Hunts for Kids including our popular Zoo Scavenger Hunt
- Nothing says summer like Ice Cream! Try our edible ice cream Playdough, make Playdough Patterns, super cool ice cream volcano, puffy paint ice cream
- Grab a free printable like our animal I Spy Printables, free life cycle of a frog worksheet, fun summer color by number, summer word search printables, free preschool coloring pages pdf, or math summer worksheets for kindergarten
- 25+ Water Balloon Games for Kids, water Balloon Painting Activity, Roll & Paint Balloon Painting, Balloon Paint Art Project, Music Activity for Kids, Epic Ideas for Water Balloon Painting
- Find more summer bucket list ideas including: printable summer bucket list BINGO, Ice Cream summer bucket list activities, and over 100 summer activities for kids,
Hi Beth – I love all of these fun patriotic ideas. PINNED! Thank you for including my flag skewers. My heart is full of gratitude. Hugs, Holly