Get ready for a summer full of fun, memories, and creative activities your kids will remember forever! We have over 50 fun ideas for summer! These summer activities include ideas for indoor, outdoor, exploring nature, summer craft ideas, and more! Add these to your summer bucket list ideas with toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th graders too!
Fun Ideas for Summer
Anyone asking themselves how do you keep kids entertained all summer? We’ve got you covered! We have tons of fun, engaging summer activity ideas for kids of all ages! These cool summer bucket list ideas are perfect for your toddler, for your preschoolers, pre-k, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 elementary students too!
Summer Bucket List Ideas for Kids
Whether you are looking to get into nature, get crafty with an art project, try a summer science experiment, do an epic outdoor activity, or keep kids entertained on a rainy day – we’ve got lots of summer ideas for kids! These summer bucket list activities include ideas for indoors, outdoors, and lots of great ideas to keep the kids busy this summer. Grab this summer bucket list printable or try this super cute summer bucket list free printable and start adding ideas!
Outdoor Summer Bucket List Ideas for Kids
Summer is the perfect time for getting outside and exploring nature. Make sure to add some of these outdoor activities to your summer bucket list.
- Try Geocaching.
Follow this easy guide on how to start geocaching with kids from Explore More, Clean Less, and get outside looking for treasure.
- Go Berry Picking.
This is a great way to help kids learn where food comes from, and these tips for berry picking with kids from Frugal Mum Eh are great.
- Take a trip to the river.
Heading to the river is a great way to explore nature, and these tips from Home Cleaning Family will help make the trip a success.
- Go camping
Vacations don’t have to be expensive or thoroughly planned out! These tips for taking kids camping from 123 Homeschool 4 Me will help you explore nature and take a break from the usual hustle and bustle of life!
- Try a camping scavenger hunt.
This free printable camping scavenger hunt from 123 Homeschool 4 Me will add some extra fun to your next trip
- Try Rock Climbing
Older kids will love the challenge of rock climbing and these tips from Outdoor Families Online will help get you started.
- Go on a sound walk
This fun idea from Buggy and Buddy will encourage the kids to listen to the sounds around them and discover a whole world of sounds in nature.
- Try foraging for food
The kids will love this outdoor survival challenge from The Kids’ Craft Room!
- Visit the zoo.
These free printable zoo scavenger hunts from 123 Homeschool 4 Me will make your next zoo trip extra fun for everyone!
- Visit a farm.
A farm visit is a great day out and these fun farm activities from 123 Homeschool 4 Me will keep everyone busy on the trip there and during the visit.
- Try a farm scavenger hunt.
This printable farm scavenger hunt from 123 Homeschool 4 Me is perfect for the next time you head to the farm.
- Make some land art.
You can make land art at home or wherever you are visiting, these tips from Rediscovered Families will help get you started.
- Collect some bugs.
Kids love collecting bugs from around the yard. Use this bug house from Bambini Travel to house them temporarily while you observe and learn about them.
- Visit the beach and become a detective
This fun footprint detective game from Kids’ Craft Room is a super fun activity to try the next time you visit the beach.
- Make a tidal pool.
This is another great activity to try the next time you visit the beach.
- Catch some lightening bugs.
This is one of my all-time-favorite summer activities to do with kids, and these tips from Something 2 Offer are super helpful.
- Have a water fight!
Make these super soaker sponge balls from 123 Homeschool 4 Me and have a water fight!
- Have a campfire.
Even if it is just in your backyard, these campfire games from 123 Homeschool 4 Me will make it extra fun.
- Blow some bubbles
The kids will be amazed at all the big bubbles they can blow with this giant bubble solution recipe from 123 Homeschool 4 Me
Indoor Summer Bucket List Ideas for Kids
If the weather isn’t co-operating, try one of these fun indoor ides and activities with your kids this summer.
- Write a summer bucket list.
Let your kids dream up and make plans for their summer with these summer planning printables from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
- Play summer bucket list bingo!
This fun, free printable, bucket list bingo game from 123 Homeschool 4 Me is a fun summer game for the whole family!
- Visit the library.
Visit to your local library and try this fun, free printable scavenger hunt from 123 Homeschool for me, or this book scavenger hunt
- Play a board game.
Try a new game with this list of tried-and-true family board games from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
- Make an indoor race track
If it’s not hot enough to swim use those pool noodles to make this super cool pool noodle race track from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
- Play some foosball.
Follow these instructions from 123 Homeschool 4 Me to make your own foosball table and have a tournament!
- Read a book.
Check out this great list of summer books for preschoolers from Preschool play and learn or this list of summer picture books for kids.
- Try some summer sensory play.
Make this watermelon squish bag from preschool play and learn, or make some colored rice.
- Set up some pretend play.
Use these free printables from 123 Homeschool 4 Me to set up some doctor pretend play, or some zoo keeper pretend play.
- Make an ice cream sand castle.
This super simple summer snack from 123 Homeschool 4 Me will be hit with the kids!
- Make some Smores!
Everyone will love these delicious s’mores recipes from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
- Make a Draw-bot
The kids will love making this cool drawing robot with instructions from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
- Try an indoor scavenger hunt.
No need to go outside with this fun free printable indoor scavenger hunt from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Summer Art and Craft Bucket List Ideas for Kids
The whole family can enjoy some arts and crafts with these creative summer craft ideas.
- Paper Bowl Sun craft from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This cute little sun craft is sure to brighten your days.
- Painting with Water from Messy Little Monster.
You don’t need any fancy supplies to try this simple project for young kids!
- Glow in the Dark Fairy Light Jars from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This craft project is is super easy with a magical finished product.
- Flower Suncatchers from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Collect some summer flowers to make these gorgeous su ncacthers.
- Watermelon Suncatcher Craft from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Your windows will look gorgeous covered in these fun watermelon sun catchers.
- Suncatcher Sun Craft from Preschool Play and Learn
These super cute suns are sure to cheer up any window!
- Puffy Paint Ice Cream Craft from Preschool Play and Learn.
Have fun making these bubble wrap and puffy paint summer ice creams!
- Scratch Art
These pre-made scratch art pages making trying this classic art activity super easy and fun!
- Rock Painting from The Gingerbread House.
This is such a classic activity that mixes nature and crafts to make a keepsake that could decorate your garden beds or your desk!
- Pet Cactus Rock from The Best Ideas for Kids.
Try your rock art skills on this super cute cactus pet rock craft!
- How to Make Sharpie Tie Dye Shirts from Natural Beach Living.
Tie-dying t-shirts is such a classic summer activity, this method with sharpies is a little less messy and easier for kids.
- Sidewalk Chalk Paint Recipe from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Create beautiful designs all over your driveway with this fun, easy, and cheap recipe.
- Painting With Marshmallows from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This is a quick, and easy art activity that your kids will adore!
- Color-changing Sidewalk Chalk from Frogs and Fairies.
This is a fun twist on a classic activity! Your kids will flip!
- Frozen Paint from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
If your summer is hot, you’ve got to try this fun activity where kids get to make art while cooling off at the same time!
- Fizzy Sidewalk Paint Recipe from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Combine science and art with this fun fizzy outdoor creative activity.
- Stomping Bubble Wrap Painting from The Soccer Mom Blog.
This super fun outdoor art activity is perfect for active kids.
- Shell Wind chimes from Red Ted Art.
Collect some shells when you visit the beach (or buy some from the craft store) and make this gorgeous summer craft.
- Scrapbook Paper Planes from The Craft Train.
The kids will love making these giant paper planes.
- Tin Foil Art from 123 Homeschool for Me.
Kids of all ages will love trying this aluminum foil craft.
- Water Balloon Painting from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This super cool water balloon painting activity is sure to be a hit with your kids this summer!
- Squirt Gun Painting from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This epic summer activity allows kids to play and create art at the same time!
- 3D Artwork with Puffy Paint from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Whip up a batch of puffy paint with this easy recipe
- Silly Bandaid Craft for kids from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Kids will love this easy and fun craft
- Bubble Painting from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Try this amazing and super fun bubble painting activity.
- Rainbow Painting With Cars from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Kids of all ages will love this outrageously fun painting with cars activity!
- Torn Paper Watermelon Craft from Fantastic Fun and Learning.
Even toddlers can help make this cute watermelon craft.
- Puffy Paint Sun Art from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
This is a cute, cheerful sun craft to make this summer.
Summer Science Bucket List Ideas for Kids
Sneak in some summer learning and prevent the ‘Summer Slide’, add these super fun summer science and summer STEM activities for kids to your bucket list.
- Upcycled Crayons from Mamasmiles.
Use the power of the sun to turn old broken crayons into new crayons!
- Grass House Project from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Explore seeds and how plants grow with this easy, and outrageously fun summer science project.
- Marshmallow Shooters from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Kids will love this fun summer STEM activity – the marshmallows go over 30 feet!
- Ice Cream in a Bag from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Not only is this fun to prepare, but it is absolutely delicious too!
- Straw Rockets from Buggy and Buddy.
Everyone will love making their rockets fly with this free template.
- Egg Shell Chia Pet from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Plant your own egg shell grass heads then give them a hair cut!
- Watermelon Volcano Experiment from Preschool Play and Learn.
This is the perfect summer science activity for preschoolers.
- Simple Summer Science Sunscreen Experiment from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Find out how sunscreen works with this simple summer science experiment.
- Water Balloon Experiment from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Learn all about density with this EPIC summer science activity for kids.
- Lemon Volcano Summer Experiment from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Kids of all ages will love this fizzing science activity.
- Exploding Watermelon Science Experiment from 123 Homeschool for Me.
Kids of all ages will love this epic science experiment that ends with a big BANG!
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Blast off with this super cool rocket experiment for kids.
- Mentos and Soda Experiment from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Try this outside summer science experiment that has results that will WOW kids!
- Simple Tomato Battery from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
This fun fruit science will teach kids about electricity.
- Lemon Battery Activity from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This is another fruit science activity to teach kids all about electricity.
- Frozen Flowers Sensory Play from Crafts On Sea.
This is a unique way to explore nature, even when it’s hot outside.
- Stacking Ice Logs Activity
from Powerful Mothering.
This is a great activity to do inside if it is too hot to play outside this summer.
- How to Make a Lemon Clock from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Kids will be amazed but this cool electricity experiment.
- Color-Changing Flowers Experiment from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Collect some summer flowers and try this fun experiment.
- How to Make a Lava Lamp from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Making a lava lamp with this fun science experiment is easier than you think!!
- Pop Rock Experiment from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
The kids will no nuts over this simple science experiment
- Leak Proof Bag Science Experiment from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Use every day materials to do this magical science activity.
- Sand Volcano from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Make a volcano at the beach, or bring some sand home to try this summer science activity at home.
- Balloon Hovercraft from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Make this cool hovercraft in just 5-10 minutes and have lots of fun flying it for hours and hours!
- Colorful Bubble Snake from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
The kids will love this simple, but so silly and fun activity!
Summer Slime Bucket List Ideas
Make this the summer of slime! Kids with love making and playing with these epic summer slime recipes and ideas!
- Two Ingredient Easy Slime Recipe from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This is the perfect easy slime recipe to start your summer of slime making.
- Sand Slime from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Bring some summer beach fun home with this super simple, sand slime
- Ocean Slime Recipe from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Kids of all ages will love playing with this fun ocean slime.
- Puffy Watermelon Slime from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
Kids will go nuts over the fun-to-squeeze puffy texture of this watermelon slime!
- Fluffy slime from The Best Ideas for Kids.
Whip up a batch of this fun fluffy slime for the kids to play with.
- Glitter Glue Slime from See Vanessa Craft.
This slime recipe is quick and easy to make for summertime play
- Patriotic Red, White, and Blue Slime from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Kids will go nuts over this super cute red white and blue slime recipe for Independence Day!
- Watermelon Slime Activity for Kids from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Nothing says summer like a stretchy, red, watermelon slime!
- Pudding Slime from The Soccer Mom Blog,
The kids will love making and playing with this fun edible slime!
- DIY Flubber from Look We’re Learning.
This is perfect to pair with the old Disney classic movie Flubber for a fun summer movie night activity.
- LEGO Baking Soda Slime for Kids from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Celebrate the end of summer with this back to school slime recipe.
- Magnetic Slime from 123 Homeschool for Me.
Blow your kids’ minds with this epic magnetic slime recipe!
- Make Edible Slime with Gummy Bears from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This recipe uses actual gummy bears to make this fun-to-play-with edible slime!
Summer Playdough Bucket List Ideas.
Try one of these fun summer playdough recipes and activities to keep the kids busy this summer.
- Edible Ice Cream Playdough Recipe from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This super cool playdough looks, feels, molds, and tastes like ice cream, but you can play with it like playdough!
- No Cook Strawberry Playdough Recipe from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Nothing says summer like a big bowl of strawberries! Bring that summer sensation to your summer play with this playdough recipe.
- Lemonade Playdoughfrom Preschool Play and Learn.
This bright and cheery playdough is fun to use and wonderfully scented too.
- Watermelon Playdough Recipe from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This homemade playdough recipe is easy to make, soft, and such a fun watermelon activity for summer!
- Kool Aid Playdough from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Whip up a batch of this easy playdough – it smells amazing!
- Edible Peanut Butter Playdough Recipe from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Your kids will flip when you show the this yummy peanut butter playdough.
- Summer Playdough Mats from Preschool Play and Learn.
Preschoolers will love these free printable, summer themed, playdough mats.
- Color Changing Playdough from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
The kids will be amazed by this super cool color changing playdough that you can make at home!
- Ice Cream Playdough Pattern Printable from Preschool Play and Learn.
Preschoolers will love this hands on playdough patterning activity.
- Glow in the Dark Playdough Recipe from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Kids will be amazed by this super cool glow in the dark playdough!
- Free Printable Red Fish Blue Fish Playdough Mats from Preschool Play and Learn.
Work on colour recognition and counting skills while making these cute playdough fish.
- Two Ingredient Playdough Recipe from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This homemade playdough recipe makes the sweetest smelling, super soft playdough that is SO much fun to play with.
Printable Summer Bucket List Activities
Looking for some quick and easy summer fun? These ready to use, no-prep-summer printables are the perfect quick and easy summer activity to add to your bucket list.
- Free I Spy Beach Printable from !23 Homeschool 4 Me.
Keep the kids busy finding all the summer items in this free printable.
- Beach Coloring Pages from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
These beach coloring pages are the perfect quiet summer activity for kids.
- Summer Scavenger Hunt from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Can you find all the items on this free printable summer scavenger hunt list?
- Free Printable Summer Games from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Try one of these fun printable summer games.
- FREE Printable Fish Shape Matching Game from Preschool Play and Learn.
Have fun learning colours with this free printable matching game.
- Summertime Dot Art Printables from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
The kids will love doing this summer themed dot art activity.
- Summer Hat Craft from Preschool Play and Learn.
Celebrate summer by using the free printable template to make this cute summer hat!
- Free Printable Summer Bookmarks from 123 Homeschool 4 Me
Make some bookmarks to make your place in your summer reading list.
- June Coloring Pages from Preschool Play and Learn.
These June themed coloring pages are perfect for summer.
- Free Printable Camping Tracing Strips from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Have fun working on pre-writing skills with this camping themed printable activity.
- Zoo Animals Color by Number from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
This is a fun, free printable activity to do before or after a trip to the zoo.
- Summer Color Matching Printable from Preschool Play and Learn.
Have fun with these free printable summer themed color puzzles.
- Super Cute Printable Paper Fish Craft from Preschool Play and Learn.
Use the free printable templates to make an adorable fish art project.
- Free Printable Summer Color By Number from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Everyone will love coloring this classic summer themed printable activity.
- Printable Ice Cream Coloring Pages from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
These free printable summer coloring pages are fun, FREE, and no prep!
- Ocean Color by Number from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
Everyone will love these super cute, free, ocean color by number, printables.
Summer Learning Ideas to Add to your Bucket List
Keep the kids learning over summer with these fun summer themed learning ideas, activities and printables. The kids won’t even notice they are learning if you pop some of these ideas on your summer bucket list.
These summer themed math activities are great for encouraging some hands on math learning over summer.
- Summer Counting Clip Cards
- Printable Kindergarten Summer Math
- Grill and Count Summer Playdough Mats
- free printable ice cream sundae template to 20 Activity
- Pirate Number Sense Games
- I Spy Ice Cream Activity Sheets
- Hot Dogs number words activities for kindergarten
- Count to 20 with these Watermelon Watermelon Seed Counting Activity
- Count to 10 vegetable counting worksheet
- Counting Animals Worksheets
- Fishing Math Craft is a fun Number Craft Activities
- Strawberry Picking Summer Rhyming Activity
- Summer Color by Number Worksheets
- Sandcastle Math Subraction Craft
- Sandcastle Activities – Count & Trace Worksheets
- Free Printable Summer preschool math worksheets
- Practice counting and tracing with these cute Sandcastle Number Tracing
- Counting Firefly Math Worksheets
- Firefly Math making 10 free printable
- Surfboard opposites game printable
There are summer themed language and literacy ideas on this list for kids of all ages.
- Seashell Summer Letter Matching Printable
- Letter Tracing Sandcastle Printable
- S’mores Complete Sentence Game
- Name Recognition Camping Craft Preschool
- Summer alphabet picture puzzles
- Pail and Shovel Summer Alphabet Letter Game for Summer
- Summer Handwriting Worksheets
- Hands-on Ice Cream Compound Word Activity
- Water Gun Parts of Speech Game
- Cute Flip Flop Letter Matching
- Free Bubble word amily sort printable
- Practice Tracing Letters with this summer themed Ice Cream Alphabet Printable
- Swimming Goggles matching upper and lowercase letters game
- Seeds Find the Letter Worksheets
- Watermelon Watermelon Rhyming Words
- Practice making letters with these hands-on Watermelon Printables
- Work on phonics skills with these alphabet popsicles beginning sound activity for summer
- Summer Sun Maze Sight Word Worksheets
- Work on writing with these Summer writing prompts
- Build and write Lego Writing Promtps.
- Fun Pineapple writing printable activity .
Looking for some summer themed worksheets for your kids? You’ll love these free summer printable worksheets including beach worksheets, camping worksheets, s’mores worksheets, and more.
- Lots of Beach Worksheets to practice a variety of math and literacy skills
- Summer Worksheets for Preschool
- Crab Preschool Summer Math Worksheets
- Ice Cream Math Worksheets
- Summer Math Puzzle Worksheets
- Garden theme Telling Time Worksheets pdf free
- Kindergarten Summer Math Worksheets
- Hands-on Summer Skip Counting Puzzles
- Fun Summer Activity Sheets
- Preschool Number Coloring Pages for Summer
- Summer Kindergarten Worksheets to work on math
- Pool Summer Worksheets Preschool
- S’mores Kindergarten Math Worksheets
- Math Camping Worksheets for Preschoolers
- S’mores Skip Counting Activities
- Camping Worksheets to work on math and literacy skills with kindergartners
- Camping Theme for a weeks worth of educational activities for kids of all ages
- S’mores Rhyming Words Activity
- Counting camping math activities for preschoolers
- Printable Marshmallow Template Ten Frame Activity
- Playdough Watermelon Seed Counting Activity
- Free Printable Bubble Math Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Beach Ball and Pool Writing Numbers 1-20 Kindergarten
- Garden Seeds Adding to 10 – Addition Games Printable
- Learn about the life cycle of a dreaded summer bug with Mosquito Worksheets
- Discover this helpful insect with the life cycle of a bee worksheets
- Free Plant Life Cycle Worksheets
- Learn about life cycles with these ladybug life cycle worksheet
- Practice letter tracing on these cheery summer alphabet tracing
- Bee Ten frame addition worksheets
- Number Sense Butterfly Math Activities for Preschoolers