Kids will have fun strengthening their fine motor skills so they are ready to start writing letters with these super cute camping tracing worksheets. These tracing strips are perfect for toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age children. Use these camping printables as part of your next camping theme for a quick, no-prep camping activity for preschool. Simply print these summer worksheets for preschoolers, cut apart, and complete with markers for a fun summer activity for toddlers.
Camping Tracing Worksheets
Summer is a great time for a preschool camping theme. Use these camping tracing worksheets to work on pre-writing skills with a LOW PREP camping activity for preschool. This camping themed activities is handy for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners too. All you need are the camping printables cut into tracing strips. Children will use a dry erase marker to trace the lines to help the camper get to their tents. Preschool kids needs lots and lots of fine motor practice opportunities to help them grasp using a pencil in kindergarten and beyond. Help them develop their fine motor skills with this set of fun camping themed tracing strips.
Camping Worksheets Preschool
- A4 paper
- Coloring crayons or dry erase markers if you choose to laminate the activity
- Scissors (to cut and separate the cards)
Print as many sets as you need for the number of groups in your class. If you are using these in a center, it’s a great idea if you have an extra set just in case you want another group to get started on the activity. There are 10 strips (5 on each mat if using on a mat) in total.
Need your preschool kids to practice their fine motor and pre-writing skills? Laminate these mats and store them in your fine motor centers for a quick and easy pull out and use activity. After you’ve laminated the mats, you can choose to cut each mat into strips or simply use them each as a mat.
I think it’s a good idea to laminate and cut up the strips so that you can differentiate the activity with kids just starting to work on their pre-writing skills. Have the kids use a dry erase marker to trace each line to help the camper get to the tent. The kids should not veer too far away from the line, just have them repeat the activity at a later stage until they perfect this skill.
Camping Activities for Preschool
If you are looking to make a week of camping theme preschool, don’t miss these great resources:
- Letter C Printables for pre k to work on math, literacy, science, social studies, and more!
- Camping Counting Book
- Marshmallow Ten Frame Activity
- Free Camping Scavenger Hunt for Kids
- Camping Worksheets to practice math and literacy skills with prek / k
- Camping Tracing Strips to improve fine motor skills
- S’Mores Rhyming Words Activity
- Looking for even more road trip activities? Try these road trip printables pdf
- Didn’t have time to print anything? No worries! Try these NO PREP Fun Car Games
- Over 60 Roadtrip Ideas for Kids
- Be inspired by our Revolutionary War Roadtrip
- Grab 20+ Printable Roadtrip Games
- Bring a magnetic board and our Shape Patterns Printables
- Illinois Vacation Ideas and Fieldtrips
- Fun, no prep CAMPFIRE GAMES
- Lots of tips for camping with kids plus C is for camping printables and a camping scavenger hunt
- Take along these fun summer activity sheets
- Prepare for your trip with these roadtrip worksheets
- Taking a plane during your travels? Dont’ miss these tips for flying with kids
- Print off som free coloring pages including these vacation coloring pages
- My kids love doing i spy worksheets in the car like these animal i spy printables, pirate i spy worksheets, and US States I Spy Worksheets
- And if your trip takes you to the most magical place on Earth… don’t miss our HUGE archive of Disney World Planning Tips
Looking for more outdoor activities for kids and things to do in the summer? Your toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and elementary age kids will love these fun ideas to keep them busy all summer long:
- Marshmallow Shooters – go over 30 feet!
- Lemon Volcano is a fun Summer Experiment for kids of all ages
- 2 ingredient Easy Slime Recipe
- Super Simple Sand Slime
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – it’s super EASY!
- Scented, Watermelon Playdough Recipe for summer
- Kids will no nuts over this simple Pop Rock Experiment
- Leak Proof Bag – Amazing Science Experiment with Everyday Materials
- Mind-Blowing Magnetic Slime for Kids
- Easy Button Crafts for Kids
- Handprint Strawberry Craft for Summer
- Grow Your Own Crystals
- Water Balloon Experiment – exploring densit with an EPIC summer activity for kids
- Amazing Bubble Painting
- Sand Volcano – EASY Summer Beach Activity for kids
- Mind Blowing Color Changing Playdough
Summer Activities for Kids
- Egg Shell DIY Chia Pet Craft – Silly Spring / Summer Activities for Kids
- Grass Head Craft for Kids
- EASY Stained Glass Pasta Art for Kids
- Simple Flower Mason Jar Lid Crafts
- Free Beach Worksheets for Kids
- Chromatography Butterflies – EASY Butterfly Craft for Kids
- Silly Bandaid Art Craft for kids
- Blow GIANT bubbles with this Homemade Bubble Solution
- Outrageously FUN Bubble Painting
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Fireworks Craft
- Beautiful Flower Suncatcher Craft
- 30 Fun June Crafts for Kids
- Kids will be amazed at the l-o-n-g colorful bubble snakes they can make with this easy activity
- Must try Lego Zipline
- Exploding Watermelon Science Experiment
- Homemade Chalk Recipe
- 75+ FUN Scavenger Hunts for Kids
- Find activities by month with our June Crafts for kids or our June Activities for Kids!
- 20+ Printable Roadtrip Games
Fun Summer Activities for Kids
- Ice Cream Edible Playdough
- Blood for Kids – Activity to learn about the Human Body
- Whip up a batch of Kool Aid Playdough – it smells amazing!
- EASY, Vibrant Sidewalk Chalk Paint for Kids
- I Spy DIY Bottles are quick, easy and FUN!
- Amazing Tin Foil Art Project for Kids of all Ages
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket Science Experiment for Kids
- EPIC Mentos and Soda Experiment
- Summer Bucket List Printable with Ice Cream Theme
- How to Make Ice Cream in a Bag
- Ice Cream Playdough Patterns
- Head to the zoo with this FREE Zoo Scavenger Hunt – lots of choices for all ages!
- Make your favorite animal with one of these 100 animal crafts
- Try one of these fun Animal I Spy Printables
- Epic Squirt Gun Painting
- 10+ Pasta Flower Crafts for Kids
- Play with your food using this goldfish counting activity
- After seeing the frogs at the pond, grab this free life cycle of a frog worksheet
- Avoid the summer learning loss by practicing math with these crack the code worksheets
- First Day of Summer Craft
- Create this gorgeous stained glass art for kids
- 107 Epic Summer Activities for Kids
Preschool Camping Theme Printables
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All materials provided on this blog is copyright protected.
Leave a Reply